HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How did you come up with your call sign_

• Please log in to reply
867 replies to this topic

#841 Drrt4

Drrt4

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUSA Florida

Posted July 13 2014 - 04:25 PM

Got my name from the RuneScape name generator wayyy back in 2006. I orginally wanted "DR" as my name, but it was too short, so Drrt4 was generated as a suggestion, andwell, with no creative motive just stuck with it as my default username on evrything.

[offtopic]
Spoiler
[/offtopic]
Posted Image

View PostMoreapples, on June 22 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

Sips Co. High Quality Dirt

#842 thirtysix

thirtysix

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted July 13 2014 - 04:41 PM

I once lived in a fuzzy bunny house (no I wasn't a fuzzy bunny, it was a cheap flop), the girls called themselves by room numbers. After awhile they called me by mine... 36, and it stuck, it's like my nick name now.

Edited by thirtysix, July 13 2014 - 04:43 PM.

Asus Rampage III Extreme - Core I7 920 - 16Gb G.Skill RipJawsZ - 2 EVGA GTX 560ti (SLi) - Cosair Hydro H50 cooler - Corsair CMPSU-1000HX - Antec DF-35
In space no one can hear you scream!

#843 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted July 13 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostDrrt4, on July 13 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

Got my name from the RuneScape name generator wayyy back in 2006. I orginally wanted "DR" as my name, but it was too short, so Drrt4 was generated as a suggestion, andwell, with no creative motive just stuck with it as my default username on evrything.

[offtopic]
Spoiler
[/offtopic]
I've worked for the BNSF R/R as an engineer about 20 years now been around them about 25 years altogether as a switchman and conductor. Its a fantastic job been very blessed. :) [answer to off topic]

Edited by hoghead, July 13 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#844 Lion_ThunderPants

Lion_ThunderPants

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted July 13 2014 - 11:24 PM

My real name is General Admiral Wolverine Lightning Bolt Thunder Pants Face Man Super Ultimate Avenger Hero Spader Guy. I made it when I was young, thought it'd be funny for a super hero to have a really long name.

Otherwise, you'll catch my other accounts as Lion, Thunder, KiRK, or something of the mix.

Edited by Lion_ThunderPants, July 13 2014 - 11:26 PM.

#845 Metalbeard

Metalbeard

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted July 14 2014 - 06:20 AM

When I played Warcraft 3 dwarves were my favorite race.

First character, when I did play WoW, was a Dwarf and the first name that came to mind was Bronzebeard... So I went ahead and made it Metalbeard instead :D

#846 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted July 14 2014 - 07:41 AM

The first multiplayer FPS game I started playing was a Half-Life mod called Firearms. I was creating my profile in a hurry and thought the name would be funny since it's a phrase I often say.

I've decided to use "mmm, yep" as my name for any FPS game I play now. Other games don't get to use it though.

Edited by mmm_yep, July 14 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#847 WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted July 14 2014 - 07:47 AM

All of my standard handles were taken when I tried to sign up.  I ended up putting in random ones till this one worked.

#848 Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted July 15 2014 - 05:15 AM

Just a random nonsense word I came up with, it just so happens that Its almost never taken, so I can avoid numbers at the end of it. Beats R1885(Ribbs) though.

#849 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted July 15 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostMetalbeard, on July 14 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

When I played Warcraft 3 dwarves were my favorite race.

First character, when I did play WoW, was a Dwarf and the first name that came to mind was Bronzebeard... So I went ahead and made it Metalbeard instead :D

I thought for sure it was based on the Lego Movie mecha pirate "Metalbeard"
Spoiler

Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#850 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted July 15 2014 - 07:25 AM

View PostIronClamp, on July 12 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

every good name I could think of without adding numbers was taken, so I just typed in some random name that sounded cool, then realized that it would be quiet the process to change it....

Posted Image
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#851 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 15 2014 - 07:28 AM

When I was a young man I rented a house with a few of my best friends.   One of those friends had a girlfriend who got a puppy.  She tried to name this puppy confuscious.  Not joking. My friends and I all agreed that confuscious was a horrible name for a puppy and started calling the little guy anything but.   The most rewarding names were the more insulting and the more childish the better.  Pee-head became the name that annoyed her the most and stuck.

Eventually they broke up and p-hed became my dog.  I now wear his name in remembrance.

Edited by phed, August 30 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#852 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 07:40 AM

View Postphed, on July 15 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

When I was a young man Irevved a house with a few of my best friends.   One of those friends had a girlfriend who got a puppy.  She tried to name this puppy confuscious.   My friends and I all agreed that confuscious was a horrible name for a puppy and stayed calling the little guy anything but.   The most rewarding names were more insulting and the now childish the better.  Pee-head became the name that annoyed her the most and stuck.

Eventually they broke up and p-hed became my dog.  I now wear his name in remembrance.
...the feels....
Posted Image

#853 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted July 15 2014 - 08:03 AM

When I was a young man Irevved a house with a few of my best friends.   One of those friends had a girlfriend who got a puppy.  She tried to name this puppy confuscious.   My friends and I all agreed that confuscious was a horrible name for a puppy and stayed calling the little guy anything but.   The most rewarding names were more insulting and the now childish the better.  Pee-head became the name that annoyed her the most and stuck.

DUH! That's how its pronounced, I always thought it was fed..... you know the PH sounds like the F sound. Sometimes I'm just to smart! :unsure:  I'm a tard, Sigh! sorry

#854 _incitatus

_incitatus

former senator

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOXR, AL

Posted July 15 2014 - 08:10 AM

View Posthoghead, on July 15 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

DUH! That's how its pronounced, I always thought it was fed..... you know the PH sounds like the F sound. Sometimes I'm just to smart! :unsure:  I'm a tard, Sigh! sorry

You aren't the only one.  What's funny is that he refers to himself as "fed" half of the time now...

( I miss that puppy  :( )
Posted Image

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

You are the undisputed champion of camouflages.

#855 Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted July 15 2014 - 08:59 AM

My real name's Angelo. My aunt and her family have always called me jelly, some of my friends call me jello.
A long time ago I hung out with a black asian kid named Stewart and he added me on Myspace, and his username was simply "Stewy boi"

I've never seen anyone spell the name boy like that lol.
After Discussncuss2u2@hotmail.com got trashed with spam, I needed a new email account to sign up for Facebook at the time when it used to be a haven for college kids trying to break away from the aggressive takeover of younger kids from Myspace.

"What the hell should I name it_"
I'm not into naming stuff with numbers that are easily forgetful and I don't want anything fancy.
Jelooboi came right up as my first thought.
HEY, IT WORKS DON'T IT_

"Jelooboi@hotmail.com, sounds good to me!"
To this day I've been using that as my ingame names around the gaming communities.
I don't wanna sound cryptic like "Luminarc" or something that makes you try to sound badass like "Fatal_Damage".
Jelooboi is good enough, it's just a username.

#856 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted August 30 2014 - 07:04 AM

I thought and thought and thought and realized that I love to lead a team and be the Captain of it. So I took Captain Allan at first(Allan is my name), but it was kinda lame, so I merged it and hence I've been CapAllan. Everybody In HAWKEN calls me Cap (informal) though.
Posted Image

#857 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 07:23 AM

Jul 17 15:45 (PDT)

Hey there,

Your callsign has been changed because it violated our naming guidelines.

We are happy to issue a one-time change to a more appropriate callsign. Please check out our naming guidelines at https://www.playhawk...ming-guidelines and then drop us a line with three choices for a new callsign just in case your first choice is already taken.

Thanks and we'll see you on the battlefield.

from Bastar do

i don't mean any of it

#858 Lunatic_Fringe

Lunatic_Fringe

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 12:07 PM

I'm a little older than the average mech pilot.

"Lunatic Fringe" by Red Ryder was playing on the classic rock playlist when I made this account.

Edited by Lunatic_Fringe, August 30 2014 - 12:07 PM.

www.taw.net - Hawken battalion. twitch.tv/LvnaticFringe

#859 Yellow_Kat

Yellow_Kat

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 12:50 PM

Its the name of my old CoH character as well as my handle for reviews of games on, a now closed down, internet radio station.

#860 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted August 31 2014 - 08:37 AM

_!

My girl friend during my freshman year of college was taking a writing class and was learning about obscure grammatical symbols. She dashed into my room one day because she just learned what an Interrobang was and thought it was the coolest thing EVEERRRR! (nerd)

I happened to be making a WoW character at the exact same time (later turned out to be my main) and thought it would be a pretty cool name/homage to my gf

So we got married and we bought us a house and had two beautiful children, Nathaniel and SUPERFLY

_!

(edit - the 87 is for 1987, some Jag took my name before i got to it)

Edited by Interrobang87, August 31 2014 - 12:41 PM.

How will you spend eternity_ Smoking or Non-Smoking_
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users