HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game Update: 3/14/13 at 5:00 PM PDT (GMT-7)

Game News Patch

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 _Caffeine_

_Caffeine_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 01:00 PM

-delete-

Edited by _Caffeine_, March 15 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#82 _Caffeine_

_Caffeine_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 01:07 PM

-delete-

Edited by _Caffeine_, March 15 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#83 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 15 2013 - 02:03 PM

View Postgrree, on March 15 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

Hi I have one problem ends 40.5mb download the patch and applying it when it appears near the end "source file as corrutep"could anyone help_ please I can not enter the game T.T

Sign into the launcher, but don't click Launch. Click the gear icon. What's happening is that the data is getting corrupted on the way down. This can (rarely) happen due to a poor Internet connection, but it's more likely that the update server is under heavy load. When the update server is under heavily load, it sometimes can get confused and send out bad data.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#84 Steppin_Lazer

Steppin_Lazer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 02:28 PM

Cool! just reinstalled the launcher, got the update and "Ready To Play!"

Thanks for the update. So many times my guns would lock up, probably 4 or 5 times a game, hope this solved it!

#85 Incriminated

Incriminated

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 02:32 PM

Cool im blocked from 80% of the games too... time to spend some time just pretending playing :D

Thats not forbidden is it_
"scared to death, scared to look, they shook, 'cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks"

#86 Steppin_Lazer

Steppin_Lazer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 02:43 PM

guns are fixed. match making is majorly screwed up./

#87 MALAY

MALAY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 17 2013 - 04:12 AM

НЕРАБОТАЕТ ТЕПЕРЬ( ОШИБКА HOST(ЕСТЬ ЕЩЕ У КОГО ТАКАЯ ПРОБЛЕМА_

#88 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted March 17 2013 - 04:39 AM

^ In before avatar warning.

IT'S A TRAP!

#89 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted March 17 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostKaelek, on March 15 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Hey Scapes, your change is forcing me to quit the game entirely.

FIX:

Change it to +-500 or at least 400 for people above skill rating 1800 - 1850, and if that person is 1450 - 1650, they get a large underdog bonus and faster increase for their skill rating for killing the 1700 - 2000 player. You cannot hold everyone's hand forever, eventually you will have to let go. I think the +- 200 makes a lot of sense for new players or just simply below average players, but you cannot basically punish people for doing well in the game by limiting them to 4 to 6 games tops that they can join, which obviously are going to be always full for the most part. PLEASE try to make this change, or I won't be able to play this game anymore, and not because I don't like the game but simply because I can't find any games to join.

Good news: on page one we prefaced that the Pilot Ranking range was not final.

View PostScapes, on March 14 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

[*]The Pilot Ranking range for joining servers has been reduced to +/-200. This value is still subject to change in future patches.[/list]

Additionally, you can use the Quick Match feature to be sorted into matches that you can't select manually via the server browser. This is due to Quick Match sorting you per "best fit" for your ranking.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#90 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted March 17 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostScapes, on March 17 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Additionally, you can use the Quick Match feature to be sorted into matches that you can't select manually via the server browser. This is due to Quick Match sorting you per "best fit" for your ranking.

Except in most cases that puts many higher ranking players into empty lobbies, that, from the complaints seen across the forums and in game, stay empty for long periods.
I can tell you i've sat in lobby for 20 minutes yesterday, people did join, but never enough to get the game started; folks got impatient, and left.
I never got into a proper game.

From the look of things, anyone above 1900 is gonna have some/many issues if they don't play any of the 'prime time' moments for their respective timezones, and even then finding a game that isn't full, is in their favorite mode and isn't outside their rank range is TEDIOUS.
And to say that many higher ranked players aren't exactly happy about this would be an understatement of rather epic proportions, considering how many threads and posts have been made concerning this issue, especially if you look at the general feeling many of us are getting as a result of this little mishap.

Also, it should be clear by now that the people most affected by this are generally the ones who were most vocal about getting back the server browser; telling us that we STILL need to use your matchmaking system 2.0 just to find a game we can join (especially since many of us just get dumped into empty servers most of the timewhen we do use that thing) feels like a slap in the face.

So yeah.....
Thanks, but no thanks on the quick match; i'll go play some Fallout : New Vegas until this gets fixed somehow.
Whether you guys relax the ranking, implement a few 'newbie' only servers, or figure something else out doesn't matter; as long as you show us this is being taken seriously and that it will be adressed soon-ish would (probably) make many of us feel much better.

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, March 17 2013 - 06:57 PM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#91 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 17 2013 - 07:24 PM

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having brackets_ To keep vets and new players from mixing_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#92 PlanckZero

PlanckZero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted March 17 2013 - 08:13 PM

Good news: on page one we prefaced that the Pilot Ranking range was not final.

Bad news: you're alienating a chunk of your player base over what seems to be a snap decision no one seems to have the balls to simply admit was horribly made and just undo already.

View PostScapes, on March 14 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Yea... I'm sure the folks that waited for the server list so they could stop getting tossed into the same empty room over and over again will just loooooove this revolutionary solution of getting tossed into the same room over and over again.

I'll reiterate an experience I had earlier today.  Fourty four rooms open in the +/-200 range for someone with a 1500 ranking.  How many rooms in the range for someone with a 1900 ranking_  ZERO.

Telling people to live with playing in the test rooms they're so graciously allowed to enter regardless of rank or that they should just start a quick match and sit in a room waiting for people to trickle in is NOT a solution.  Undoing this moronic patch until you can actually work out a system that doesn't entirely fuzzy bunny people over is a solution.

#93 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted March 18 2013 - 05:32 AM

Civility nosediving.  Few demographics more belligerent than precious gamers.  (Sans fanatical feminists.  *tremble*)  Loathed to play Beta card.  But this is an experiment.  Fine.  Not ideal for all.  But is working for most.  (Notwithstanding combo-breakers like Join On Friend.)  Problems not strictly fault of experiment mechanics either.  Average game ratings will climb.  Then stabilize.  Then σ will be known.  Then MMR formula can be finessed.  Question is how long will disaffected few wait.  Will ADH implement temporary special measures for disaffected few.

Am in 1900+ bracket.  Rating goes up after every game.  I'm playing myself out of Hawken.  Nevertheless.  I see average game ratings climb.  Slowly.  (Slower than my MMR climbs.  I don’t play much.  Sympathise with disaffected few who do.)  I say give it more time.  Even at cost of disaffected few downshifting for a while.  Or even taking short hiatus.  ADH doing right by the majority.  (And bank balance.  Remember.  Only majorities make free-2-play games viable.)  Expect ADH will not leave disaffected few disaffected for long.  Temporary special measures arrival in 5… 4… 3…

EDIT: Game-changing typo changed.  Oopsie.

Edited by waftycrank, March 19 2013 - 03:30 AM.

#94 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted March 18 2013 - 08:20 PM

If it's +- 200, then why the hell can't I join 1600+ games at 1782_ Then there is always that one guy who like 20-0 in facility. No wonder this game has so few players. I think it's great fun, but it's nigh impossible to get an "even" game it seems.

#95 stallion

stallion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted March 18 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on March 17 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having brackets_ To keep vets and new players from mixing_
this. we had some great games on friday night 5v5, room rating ~1970. after few games, room was full, we had not-so-great games with 4 more CR-T level range 4-8.
what's the point of rating system, when you can override it with MM _

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Posted Image

#96 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted March 19 2013 - 01:37 AM

View Poststallion, on March 18 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

we had not-so-great games with 4 more CR-T level range 4-8.
what's the point of rating system, when you can override it with MM _

Unless you knew their rating, this doesn't mean much. I didn't start leveling my CR-T until I'd got to 25 on both a Berzerker and a Bruiser.
A low level CR-T doesn't really tell you anything.

Now, if you were to say that they were clearly unskilled (not moving around so much, lack of dodging etc.) then that would be a different story and level doesn't even need to be mentioned.

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#97 stallion

stallion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted March 19 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostFantus_Longhorn, on March 19 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

Now, if you were to say that they were clearly unskilled (not moving around so much, lack of dodging etc.) then that would be a different story and level doesn't even need to be mentioned.

pretty much this. when I asked about rating noone replied, but when I asked about how they joined high ranked game, they said MM.

Edited by stallion, March 19 2013 - 03:34 AM.

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Posted Image

#98 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted March 19 2013 - 11:08 AM

We have changed the pilot ranking and server rating values per player feedback on being unable to find matches.

http://community.pla...server-ratings/
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#99 Gravityhead

Gravityhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted March 23 2013 - 10:25 AM

When the new update _

Hawken TURKEY
25 Level Technician / Infiltrator / Bruiser / Berserker / Sharpshooter

#100 Syndicate_X

Syndicate_X

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted March 28 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostElix, on March 15 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

View Postgrree, on March 15 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

Hi I have one problem ends 40.5mb download the patch and applying it when it appears near the end "source file as corrutep"could anyone help_ please I can not enter the game T.T

Sign into the launcher, but don't click Launch. Click the gear icon. What's happening is that the data is getting corrupted on the way down. This can (rarely) happen due to a poor Internet connection, but it's more likely that the update server is under heavy load. When the update server is under heavily load, it sometimes can get confused and send out bad data.

Thx Elix, you made my..night! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, News, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users