HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Assault vs CR-T Recruit

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 YellerBill

YellerBill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationConstructing Additional Pylons

Posted March 23 2013 - 09:29 AM

Now some of you have seen me going on about how the Assault is just a weaker CR-T.
Basically, I feel like starting a thread to see what you all think about:
1. Are Assault and CR-T too similar_
2. Any suggestions for ways to differentiate them if you think they are too similar_

For me,
1. Yes
2. I would like to see grenade launcher or some other secondary replacing the TOW on the Assault.

Edited by YellerBill, March 23 2013 - 09:29 AM.

I was not dead... I was only sleeping.

#2 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted March 23 2013 - 09:41 AM

1. Definately.
2. Give it a unique ability. The Assault is the weaker CRT because it's completly the same apart from the actual model, visuals and having no internals on start. It could use different primaries as well, maybe even a different secondary. I think the Grenade Launcher would be perfect for it as no B class mech has it. As for primaries, remove the AR as prestige and give it the HEAT. As for the ability, I'd like to see something brand new on it. Since it's the Assault, it could be something that helps it in performing an assault, maybe faster RoF for like 8 seconds.

Get your hard on.

#3 YellerBill

YellerBill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 09:53 AM

xXHadroncutterXx, on March 23 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

1. Definately.
2. Give it a unique ability. The Assault is the weaker CRT because it's completly the same apart from the actual model, visuals and having no internals on start. It could use different primaries as well, maybe even a different secondary. I think the Grenade Launcher would be perfect for it as no B class mech has it. As for primaries, remove the AR as prestige and give it the HEAT. As for the ability, I'd like to see something brand new on it. Since it's the Assault, it could be something that helps it in performing an assault, maybe faster RoF for like 8 seconds.

I like that idea, I haven't seen a HEAT on any B-classes either.

#4 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted March 23 2013 - 09:59 AM

This sh*t again..  Anyone who'll say that CRT has the best internals will burn in hell.

I think the Grenade Launcher would be perfect for it as no B class mech has it
No.it's not. AS is already hard enough to play.

As for the ability, I'd like to see something brand new on it. Since it's the Assault, it could be something that helps it in performing an assault, maybe faster RoF for like 8 seconds.
Weapons coolant is OK with the AS, no need to change. As for RoF increase - the effect will be similar to the Berserker's Ballistic Barrage, so that's not an option.

Posted Image

#5 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 10:06 AM

TheVulong, on March 23 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

You missed the part where I said "I think". Personal opinion, just spitting some ideas out. I'd LOVE to see the GL make it to the B class. :)

Get your hard on.

#6 YellerBill

YellerBill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 11:25 AM

TheVulong, on March 23 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

This sh*t again..  Anyone who'll say that CRT has the best internals will burn in hell.

As for the ability, I'd like to see something brand new on it. Since it's the Assault, it could be something that helps it in performing an assault, maybe faster RoF for like 8 seconds.
Weapons coolant is OK with the AS, no need to change. As for RoF increase - the effect will be similar to the Berserker's Ballistic Barrage, so that's not an option.

So you're saying keep it as a CR-T without rookie internals, thus ruining the point_

#7 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted March 23 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'd LOVE to see the GL make it to the B class.
I'm OK with your idea just don't touch the AS.

So you're saying keep it as a CR-T without rookie internals, thus ruining the point_
As i said - DON'T touch the AS. Change the CRT instead.

Edited by TheVulong, March 23 2013 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Xuande

Xuande

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationShai Hulud

Posted March 23 2013 - 02:48 PM

The devs are going to have to come up with new ways to make each mech more unique, and soon. As it stands, weapon loadouts just aren't going to cut it.
Ol' Betsy || CR-T Recruit   Jethro || Raider
Jim Bob || Beserker    Big Bertha || Brawler
Bubba || Bruiser            Billy-Bob || Technician
Bobby-Joe || Reaper
My name is pronounced (Shuahn-duuh) not (Juan-dee).

#9 Ryuronin

Ryuronin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted March 23 2013 - 03:08 PM

xXHadroncutterXx, on March 23 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

1. Definately.

Really awesome suggestions. Hope the devs read this.

|CR-T Recruit "bOOBtUBE"|Sharpshooter "Ronin"|Rocketeer "Razgriz"|Reaper "DeathScythe"|Bruiser "Tank"|Brawler "ThunderThighs"|
Posted Image
http://www.team-omen.com/default.html

#10 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted March 23 2013 - 03:50 PM

YellerBill, on March 23 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Now some of you have seen me going on about how the Assault is just a weaker CR-T.
2. Any suggestions for ways to differentiate them if you think they are too similar_

For me,
1. Yes
2. I would like to see grenade launcher or some other secondary replacing the TOW on the Assault.
They're the same class
They're supposed to be the same class
They just need to eliminate the bits that imply that they're different classes, and it'll all be fixed
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#11 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted March 23 2013 - 05:28 PM

Beemann, on March 23 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

YellerBill, on March 23 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

For me,
1. Yes
They're the same class
They're supposed to be the same class
They just need to eliminate the bits that imply that they're different classes, and it'll all be fixed

The main thing that I do not understand is why they are the same class. It seems like if the Assault was actually unique, it would get more sales. And there would be less threads like this on the forums as well. I really do not see any reason why making the Assault the same as the CR-T is better than having it as another unique mech. As it stands, the Assault is one mech I will probably never buy, because I already have one with better internals and I like what Fred looks like. If it had a unique loadout, like a Grenade Launcher secondary and HEAT prestige, then I would probably buy one at some point.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#12 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted March 23 2013 - 05:46 PM

I would assume it's for the same reason that you can buy multiple bruisers, infiltrators, grenadiers etc.
Maybe you want several different versions of the same mech for different loadouts (different items and/or internals, maybe one of them has an experimental set of optimizations you're testing out etc.)
You cant re-purchase the CRT, so it would make sense to have a non-recruit mech with the same basic options
The problem is that it's in the free trial list, and is often treated as though it is or should be a separate mech
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#13 YellerBill

YellerBill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 06:03 PM

Beemann, on March 23 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

I would assume it's for the same reason that you can buy multiple bruisers, infiltrators, grenadiers etc.
Maybe you want several different versions of the same mech for different loadouts (different items and/or internals, maybe one of them has an experimental set of optimizations you're testing out etc.)
You cant re-purchase the CRT, so it would make sense to have a non-recruit mech with the same basic options
The problem is that it's in the free trial list, and is often treated as though it is or should be a separate mech
See that's what I mean. If they [the devs] want them to be the same mech, they should make it clearer that the CR-T is basically an assault.

#14 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted March 23 2013 - 06:12 PM

Looking at this way it makes sense. But I think the real issue is that they are labeled as different mechs when they are clearly the same. There wouldn't be an issue amongst the community if they had called it a CR-T instead of the Assault and put it up for test driving as if it was it's own uniqe mech.

You also have to think about the fact that you cant re-buy the cupcake because its a limited mech.

So then here is the real question. Do we need the option to re-buy the CR-T or should the CR-T go in the way of the cupcake and just be limited mech_ If we feel as a collective community that we don't need that option, then it would be natual to replace the TOW with the GL if only for the fact that it is a harder weapon to use so its like the next skill level up for people to learn and grow. (Much like how you would go from the CR-T to the zerker.)

Edited by ShadowWarg, March 23 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#15 TheLostVikings

TheLostVikings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 06:12 PM

Teljaxx, on March 23 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

The main thing that I do not understand is why they are the same class. It seems like if the Assault was actually unique, it would get more sales. And there would be less threads like this on the forums as well. I really do not see any reason why making the Assault the same as the CR-T is better than having it as another unique mech. As it stands, the Assault is one mech I will probably never buy, because I already have one with better internals and I like what Fred looks like. If it had a unique loadout, like a Grenade Launcher secondary and HEAT prestige, then I would probably buy one at some point.

The reason they are the same are the same reason the Assault will never become different from the CRT: Some people like to buy multiple copies of the same mech so they can kit them out with different primaries/internals/optimizations. And as the CRT doesn't exist in the store the only way for people to get a 2nd one is to buy an Assault.

TL:DR
Assault and CRT will forever remain identical as long as the latter isn't available for sale in the mech store.

Edited by TheLostVikings, March 23 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#16 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted March 23 2013 - 08:08 PM

I can see having the ability to have multiple Assaults/CR-Ts as one reason to keep it as is. But is that really a good enough reason to not make the Assault unique_ As ShadowWarg said, you also cannot buy multiple Vanguards, and this would not be as much of a problem if they bring back swapping loadouts in match like in closed beta. It seems to me that there would be more benefits to the game if the Assault was different than the CR-T.

And if they are going to keep the Assault the same as the CR-T, then they should at least rename the CR-T Recruit to the CR-T Assault to keep new players from getting confused about it.

Edited by Teljaxx, March 23 2013 - 08:09 PM.

Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#17 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted March 24 2013 - 03:15 AM

Why not just add ze Fred to the store (dunno if it should come with the internals again) and make the Assault an actually different mech_ I think a HEAT GL B class would be fitting of the name Assault as I stated previously. But hey, that's just me.

Get your hard on.

#18 vVolfgang

vVolfgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 02:37 PM

Assault is a complete waste of a class B mech as the Fred is a buffed remake of it.

For he who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day; but he who is in battle slain, can never rise and fight again.

- Oliver Goldsmith

#19 Commy1

Commy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationGuelph, ON

Posted March 26 2013 - 06:46 PM

I can agree, I didn't bother getting the Assault mech just because it was so similar to the CRT, why waste time.

#20 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted March 27 2013 - 01:35 AM

vVolfgang, on March 26 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Assault is a complete waste of a class B mech as the Fred is a buffed remake of it.

Commy1, on March 26 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

I can agree, I didn't bother getting the Assault mech just because it was so similar to the CRT, why waste time.
Point-D

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users