HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Assault vs CR-T Recruit

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 YellerBill

YellerBill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationConstructing Additional Pylons

Posted May 06 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostBeemann, on May 06 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Just rename the Assault to the CRT Assault, and maybe change the weapon order back to normal, then stop putting it on Free Trial rotation
PROBLEM SOLVED

Or leave the Assault named as-is, and call the CR-T the Recruit Assault or something, make it a special variant because it has rookie internals.

I was not dead... I was only sleeping.

#42 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted May 06 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostYellerBill, on May 06 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

View PostBeemann, on May 06 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Just rename the Assault to the CRT Assault, and maybe change the weapon order back to normal, then stop putting it on Free Trial rotation
PROBLEM SOLVED

Or leave the Assault named as-is, and call the CR-T the Recruit Assault or something, make it a special variant because it has rookie internals.
Renaming the Assault and renaming the CRT are functionally equivalent
And alluding to it being a special variant implies that it's worth getting for anything other than another loadout option, which is precisely the problem we have now
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#43 SpeedBoostTorchic

SpeedBoostTorchic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 10:12 AM

The problem as I see it is that they both share the EXACT SAME WEAPONS. Sure, with the assault, you can unlock the Point-D earlier, but the prestige weapon is just the Assault Rifle, you know, the Recruit's STARTING WEAPON.

What the assault need is either a completely reworked tool set, or a different ability. Preferably both.

Alternatively, they could modify the recruit. It doesn't really matter which one gets changed, but one of them needs to for sure.

#44 Furyform

Furyform

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 10:26 AM

Dat necro...

On topic: CRT is better because overheat cooling is faster than assault's when the ability is on cooldown! :P lol (honestly, that difference got me killed the first time I played assault; expecting guns to cool before his - NOPE wrong mech, wait another second or two)

Edited by Furyform, February 17 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#45 53K70R

53K70R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 22 2014 - 10:18 AM

hellfire on assault. Ithink It's be cool.
Posted Image

#46 Arcart

Arcart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 11:20 AM

too bad u cant upgrade rank 6 mechs into different more powerful mechs where its more personalized  like 1 mech had 2 different other upgrade paths kinda like class changes in other games so a mech can grow into a different catagory and get new special abilities

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users