HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Here ye! Here ye! Comp players Express your ideas

Community Game Introduction Announcement

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted March 29 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostCommy1, on March 29 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

There should be a difference between pubs and comp. Your exact example, a gimmick set up is exactly what would happen and unlike what you've said, they would win. The reason I used the SS so heavily in my outline was because I think that is in fact the one gimmick people would run with and win.
On MA Origin_ Doubtful. A Brawler on S2 is a powerful thing, and it will only become more powerful with the Technician's introduction. As for the SS being the gimmick of choice_ The SS was one of the worst-performing Mechs in the December 2012 tournament and I doubt Power Shot would be enough to carry it from Mid-Low to Top Tier. I would put far more money on a 5x Heat Scout or 5x EOC Raider team than I would a 5x Slug Sabot team -- and even at that point I'm not convinced that it would stop a balanced team of, say, Brawler+Tech, Gren, Scout, Raider... although, I'm not here to argue what the ideal MA team is.

The introduction of sweeping bans is not beneficial for us in Open Beta. It is only after we see a glaring trend for several months on end that tournament organizers should step in and add these kinds of rules.

It was fun while it lasted.

#22 MetalGear_Twilight

MetalGear_Twilight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 29 2013 - 07:41 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but here it goes.

The ability to switch out Secondary Weapons.

#23 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 29 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostMetalGear_Twilight, on March 29 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but here it goes.

The ability to switch out Secondary Weapons.
1: Not the right place.
2: Switching out secondaries is a bad idea as it dilutes a mechs identity and homogenizes the classes.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#24 Taw_Archangel

Taw_Archangel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted March 30 2013 - 09:26 AM

Commy1 I love the idea of siege being played. But it just is a bit to much of a snowballing game mode at the current time. At least that is my take on it.
I am known as a few names. Sicarius_X, PilotError, and Archangel. Also, C-class master race ;)
Posted Image

#25 CommanderWindhover

CommanderWindhover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationGracemeria, Emmeria, Anea

Posted March 30 2013 - 09:42 AM

Siege just doesn't seem viable to me as a game type at this stage. Remember that siege is still in alpha, so there is likely going to be changes to the game type that will likely call for an entirely different set of rules. Adding a set of limitations for a game type that is bound to change down the line seems worthless solely for the fact that when it changes, and it will, tournament wise we would have to treat it as a different game type entirely. A game type should be static enough that we know nothing major is going to change before we start running tournaments with restrictions on it. Additionally, I feel tournaments in true competitive earnest might be better suited waiting until meteor finishes the upcoming patch that adds team and clan support.  And since the game is in beta with sweeping changes to the meta game occurring with every patch anyway,  the rules changes will be so frequent that it may be hard to keep track of them as they constantly evolve to match the changed meta.

But I main bruiser with spammy op hellfire missiles that need to die, so what do I know_

This is Commander Windhover of the 15th Squadron. The enemy is expanding its field of attack. Stay alert.

- Daniel "Windhover" Pollini, Ace Combat 6

You and I are opposite sides of the same coin. When we face each other we can finally see our true selves. There may be a resemblance, but we never  face the same direction. - "Solo Wing" Pixy, Ace Combat Zero

#26 Hocisern

Hocisern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM

Posted March 30 2013 - 10:04 AM

I'm sorry, I just have to point out that it's "hear ye" not "here ye." I tried to not post this yesterday, but it is just bugging the fuzzy bunny out of me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Game, Introduction, Announcement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users