HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

camera tools

Art Community Fanart Game

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 02 2013 - 10:07 AM

~

I can't recall how many times I watched those trailers for 2 years getting hyped on this game. I was also pretty hyped on the idea of being able to make videos like these for myself - and I'm sure I'm not alone there. A heaping amount of the game's character was & still is in these earlier videos. Currently, players are limited to recording strictly what they see on their screen. The possibility to make thematic short videos such as these does not exist. Now, pretty much everyone knows a recent patch introduced the "death cam", which is partially serving to test aspects of an in-game Spectate Mode - obviously not usable for thematic videos, but progress is progress - I'm curious to see community and developer opinions on this, if there are plans to implement a full Spectator Mode with a manipulable 3rd-person camera and the 'ghost cam' with handheld-like shaky-cam movements (though I suspect this may be a post-processing effect) that we've seen in those internal trailers, and if the possibilities of other camera tools making their way into Hawken exist, such as internally recording gameplay & replaying/editing later, varying speed, maybe even changing time of day etc. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I mentioned that I suspected the shaky-cam was a post-processing effect, but that doesn't seem to be the case. One can see game objects overlapping each other...

Edited by Beefsweat, April 02 2013 - 11:19 AM.

Posted Image

#2 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted April 02 2013 - 10:16 AM

During the BSB Tournament, some of the commentators were using a "prototype" spectator mode. It was rather sparse in features, but it allowed players to be followed (similar to kill cam) as well as being able to maneuver around the map. I have heard a few hush-hush rumors on how to do it, but I haven't tried it myself. Plus when I tried to ask more about it, the conversation was quickly shifted. I will be glad when we can have a more fully implemented (and less tribal knowledge based) version of it. I know some folks were mentioning wanting to make some videos of gameplay (myself included), and this would be extremely handy!

Posted Image

#3 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostShadowGTR, on April 02 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

I have heard a few hush-hush rumors on how to do it, but I haven't tried it myself. Plus when I tried to ask more about it, the conversation was quickly shifted.

Posted Image

Edited by Sylhiri, April 02 2013 - 10:19 AM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#4 Jintonic

Jintonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 10:37 AM

if there was replay(demo) option, and some basic camera controls i would have made 5 movies already, got some epic screenplays lying around the floor

Edited by Jintonic, April 02 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#5 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted April 02 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostSylhiri, on April 02 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

I have heard a few hush-hush rumors on how to do it, but I haven't tried it myself. Plus when I tried to ask more about it, the conversation was quickly shifted.

Posted Image

Yep, exactly like that. See what I talking abou... *krakoooooom*

Posted Image

#6 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted April 02 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostShadowGTR, on April 02 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

He's faking it! Our sniper is silenced, it wouldn't make a noise like that!

*into radio* "Call in the CSD, we need some wetworks conducted. This can not show up in the PQR..."

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#7 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted April 02 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostShadowGTR, on April 02 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

I think that at that range the bullet will arrive about a half second to a second before the sound.

EDIT: I can't really tell the distance.

Edited by Pirits, April 02 2013 - 12:48 PM.

"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#8 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted April 02 2013 - 01:11 PM

Yes I have been wanting spectator. It would make it easier to get thumbnails for my videos. Plus it would be nice to record a cinematic gameplay.
Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#9 LU0P10

LU0P10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationHell - sinki

Posted April 02 2013 - 01:16 PM

Oh the first video... scout chasing and music in sync with shots... cool...

Edited by LU0P10, April 02 2013 - 01:19 PM.

This game is so addictive... increasing number of players are talking about should go to AA...

#10 Poetess

Poetess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted April 02 2013 - 01:25 PM

Oh what I wouldn't give for access to tools like these!  It breathes new life into the community and draws a whole other crowd into the game.  Gameplay mechanics and tweaks are the priority right now though so I doubt we'll be granted access to these tools soon.  However, spectator and camera options largely help the competitive portion of HAWKEN.  After all, people want to get a good view of the action when such events take place.  Maybe that would motivate the devs to put it on a higher priority.  So those of you who arrange tournaments and the like, keep it up and perhaps we'll get our hands on these tools a little faster :D.
Posted Image
^Vote for my T-shirt design shown above here: Submission Link

#11 TurboZ

TurboZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted April 02 2013 - 01:51 PM

I would love some camera tools added as well! Hope these can come in the game soon :D
Posted Image

#12 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted April 02 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'd love to create a video with the gameplay footage!

Also, if we're allowed the ability to view from the player's POV, dash color and all, that'd be great, wouldn't it_
"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#13 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 02 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostFrouste, on April 02 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

I'd love to create a video with the gameplay footage!

Also, if we're allowed the ability to view from the player's POV, dash color and all, that'd be great, wouldn't it_

Without all the text overlays too. Just a totally clean FPS view would also be very useful!
Posted Image

#14 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted April 02 2013 - 09:28 PM

*story teaser video*  a pilot explains what occurred on Illal, the action ramps up as he goes on. Game's title appears, the pilot speaks up again, "you quarentined us..." *5 seconds of a chained man in a clean interrogation room* "why the sudden interest in that fuzzy bunny of a planet_" *credits and teaser end*

I wish...
"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#15 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 03 2013 - 10:34 AM

Another note I forgot to add, if/when camera controls are ever added being able to work them with a controller or device other than a mouse would be very helpful for shot composition!
Posted Image

#16 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted April 03 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on April 03 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Another note I forgot to add, if/when camera controls are ever added being able to work them with a controller or device other than a mouse would be very helpful for shot composition!

Can't you already play the game with a controller_ I think the spectator mode would just use the same controls as kb+m, and would map out the same way.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#17 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 03 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostSaturnine, on April 03 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

View PostBeefsweat, on April 03 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Can't you already play the game with a controller_ I think the spectator mode would just use the same controls as kb+m, and would map out the same way.

I would assume it would plug-and-play but you never know.
Posted Image

#18 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted April 03 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm gonna spread a rumor

According to a developer they are working on demo/replay functionality for hawken, how large of a priority it is I do not know. However, there is a possibility of the UE3 basic demo recording through console commands being brought online as a starting point, supported unofficially of course.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#19 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 05 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostExeon, on April 03 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

I'm gonna spread a rumor

According to a developer they are working on demo/replay functionality for hawken, how large of a priority it is I do not know. However, there is a possibility of the UE3 basic demo recording through console commands being brought online as a starting point, supported unofficially of course.

They've had the console locked down for too long. -_-
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Community, Fanart, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users