HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

604's suggestions

Patch Project Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ml604

ml604

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 14 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hi everyone,
I've been playing now for a couple months, and I love the action as well as the agile approach to enhancements and features. That being said, I hope the other players read and chime in. :)

1. Please announce the double/triple/quadra/penta-kill. I believe they are doing this in other online multiplayer games, and if I remember correctly it was also announced in UT, back in the day.

2. Kill cam: I've finally gotten used to the kill cam, perhaps when the player dies the camera can shift directions to my mech blowing up with the killer's line of sight, then change the camera to their perspective as it is now. Again, makes me feel a little more UT-esque.

3. Although I like forums, typically even with sticky threads sometimes the list of suggestions gets a bit hard to view and/or manage.
My suggestion here is a module for IP Board that allows the member (like me) a page that lists all of the bug fixes and feature requests and allows me to rate them in priority as to what I feel is most important.

This will give Adhesive an idea as to what the community feels is most important, and of course does not bind anyone to having to make any particular changes -- you all can develop and bugfix according to your company's priorities, but it would consolidate and also illuminate the "suggestion box" giving all the members a chance to voice their opinion and order the fixes how they would like to see them released.
Adhesive could then aggregate the results and factor the community's rating in the overall priority of all the things y'all are working on.

I don't know if something like this already exists for IP Board or if it would have to be built. If Adhesive thinks this is a good idea perhaps I can help... But you'll have to get me out of the game first XD !

4. The initial syncing account logic feels slow and sometimes I wonder if it is working or if I will get an error after login. I'd like to see a profile of this sequence, maybe if one of you guys (or gals) can speak to me about the backend for this I may be able to spend some time performance tuning this section -- if there is any room for performance enhancement (perhaps there are multiple DB queries going where we can union them and get the data in one shot to the DB (Database "Power Shot" anyone :P :P)

At any rate, I'm having a great time playing, I really enjoy non-bot games and I am really looking forward to seeing what else you folks at Adhesive pull out of your magic hat.

Oh yes, and I (personally) would like to see the XP/HC boost offered to purchase for an hour at a time, I feel less wasteful then.

Cheers and Beers!

#2 ml604

ml604

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 14 2013 - 10:52 PM

Oh yes, forgot to mention a couple things...
I also would like a combo between double-tap and shifting, I would like both on, with the ability to disable shift-s, since that messes me up a lot when I have dancing fingers :) Can't help double tap, kinda like me -- an old vi user trying to use emacs, I just keep incessantly pressing esc. :P

Also as I mentioned in chat today, I'd love a prosk-only DM server. :)

my 0.02 :)
m

#3 Aptest

Aptest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 08:28 AM

kill cam:
how about not allowing a loser of a dual know (and let his team know) where the (low HP) winner went to repair_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch, Project, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users