HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HELP!!! Grenadier mech not kill nobody

Community Game Announcement Clan Press

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RodrigoRts9

RodrigoRts9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 04:17 PM

I have a grenadier but i'm very disappointed with he. I wanted to know if you guys can give me some tips to improve my performance with it. Because I don't know what else to do and I know that you guys can help me :)

#2 PlayedSun

PlayedSun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted April 22 2013 - 04:26 PM

Well double negatives are always tricky ;) But in all seriousness, I can't say i have any tips for you since I mostly just play the CR-T.
-There can only be one-

Posted Image

#3 [HWK]Vanashinkaku

[HWK]Vanashinkaku

Game Designer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 04:37 PM

Grenadier is one of the higher skill / higher reward mechs in the game.  He's not too effective if you're going into 1v1 combat, and he usually wont be the one getting the kills.  However, he's an assist machine and a huge harasser.  He's great for game-modes like Missile Assault and Siege for laying waste onto target locations like Missile Silos and the AA.  

Focus on team play and stay near your technicians.  Try to be the guy on the front line who pushes in hailing grenades under the AA and causing massive AOE damage to the enemies.  Once you're in control of the position, stay there and focus your grenades on exits that the enemies might come from.

Hitting enemies that are flying can be extremely difficult, so try to avoid situations where mechs have room for aerial maneuvers.  

The grenadier turret mode ("Hit F to enter it") can be extremely strong.  He has moderate damage reduction while in turret mode and his grenades do extra damage while you're in the your turret mode, so take advantage of that!

He has relative heat, so he can spam his abilities decently, but just make sure you pay attention to heat because it's easy to lose track and overheat.

Over all, he does huge damage, but it's really hard to hit with him.  It will take a lot of time and practice to learn how to react in situations, but practice makes perfect!

#4 RodrigoRts9

RodrigoRts9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 05:12 PM

View Post[HWK]Vanashinkaku, on April 22 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Grenadier is one of the higher skill / higher reward mechs in the game.  He's not too effective if you're going into 1v1 combat, and he usually wont be the one getting the kills.  However, he's an assist machine and a huge harasser.  He's great for game-modes like Missile Assault and Siege for laying waste onto target locations like Missile Silos and the AA.  

Focus on team play and stay near your technicians.  Try to be the guy on the front line who pushes in hailing grenades under the AA and causing massive AOE damage to the enemies.  Once you're in control of the position, stay there and focus your grenades on exits that the enemies might come from.

Hitting enemies that are flying can be extremely difficult, so try to avoid situations where mechs have room for aerial maneuvers.  

The grenadier turret mode ("Hit F to enter it") can be extremely strong.  He has moderate damage reduction while in turret mode and his grenades do extra damage while you're in the your turret mode, so take advantage of that!

He has relative heat, so he can spam his abilities decently, but just make sure you pay attention to heat because it's easy to lose track and overheat.

Over all, he does huge damage, but it's really hard to hit with him.  It will take a lot of time and practice to learn how to react in situations, but practice makes perfect!
Thanks. I am very grateful!

#5 HummingOcean

HummingOcean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 05:46 PM

its is a bit tricky but possible to kill flying mech you just have to time the grenade launcher to explode at the right time. i dont fly with enemies when i see them it is just wasting precious sprint time if u have to run away. i some times bounce the rev-GL on walls or the floor. try to not shoot it at them shoot it a bit to the right or left since they have a small timer, it also makes eneimes more predictable to where they will move next. use the rev-GL one to gauge distance since it has a faster rate of fire. btw the heat cannon heats up too much not worth using IMO it depends how u play i guess everything has its pros and cons

Edited by HummingOcean, April 22 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#6 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted April 22 2013 - 05:58 PM

Memorizing both the timing and distance between a REV-GL grenade hitting the ground and exploding really helps as well. If you can time it right, you can basically use this like the manual detonation of the Grenade Launcher and TOW, so that what would have been a near miss still does some splash damage. For long distance combat, figuring out which part of the aiming reticule to line up on your target for different distances is important, so you do not need to waste shots for finding the correct arc.

And of course, getting good at bouncing your shots around corners is really useful as well.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#7 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 06:16 PM

Grenadier high skill high reward_  Gonna have to greatly disagree there

#8 MrWilpon

MrWilpon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 06:24 PM

The biggest advantage of the granadier is that he do not needs line of sight (grenades's trajectory is an arc and the bounce on walls. Don't be afraid to shoot grenades over stuff in direction of red dots on your map. For those reasons , high grounds are especially good for granadier .

#9 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted April 22 2013 - 06:35 PM

Notice how the rev-gl bombs explode after they hit the ground_ Learn the timing and distance they go before exploding. Its easier to do splash dmg than to get direct hits with the rev-gl. Be accurate with the Gernade launcher though. Wait for people to waste their side boost. You know they have a cool down and they cant dodge your gernader at that point. Try to make a habit of waiting for people to side boost. Its better to get garunteed dmg.

Especialy when you know they are healing around a corner and you come around. The first thing they are going to do is dodge and since you know this you can be patient and let them do it and then get your guarunteed shot. Shield might be good too since it blocks all dmg now. With a sheild and a tech you should be able to hold the aa or a missile silo pretty well.
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play

#10 BeelzeBuff

BeelzeBuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 06:37 PM

Splash damage sucks

RevGL heat was increased considerably

imho, forget about Grenadier. So much work for not enough payoff. And that's coming from somebody that loves the Grenadier. Other mechs are easier and more effective. (Grenadier also has little kill potential, techs kind of f*** them over)

#11 ml604

ml604

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 23 2013 - 09:31 AM

hestoned had a very good suggestion for you. When say an A class is getting closer, aim your rev-gl toward the ground. if you prefer splash damage and try to predict your opponents' move you stand a much better chance of hitting.
Also don't be afraid to boost -- they already know where you are, take cover and hit them while they chase you.
Remember to have fun! Grenadier is one of the harder mechs to master but I've killed over the ridge and you can also shoot over the blue walls.

Cheers!

#12 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted April 23 2013 - 09:47 AM

Grenadiers and brawlers to me are a waste.  Im glad i didnt buy one.   They are garbage when against the might if the rocketeer or class A mechs
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#13 wyldercat

wyldercat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted April 23 2013 - 05:13 PM

Grenadier is a monster, end of. There are just a few rules....

1. Pick your arena - if your are in the open, chances are you will die, lead your mark/s into a busy area, lots of obstacles mean broken l.o.s.

2. L.O.S - If they cant see you, you can probably kill them. Bouncing grenades off obstacles and walls is tricky to master, but once you get the hang of it the terrain will open your eyes in a lot of different ways.

3. Burst - More often than not you'll find yourself facing off against an A-Class in an open area, DONT PANIC, there will be a natural rhythm to their movements, first throw some rev's at them to reveal their pattern, if they take to the air, their landing place will be predictable so throw down your H.E around that area, if they stick to the ground try and guess as best you can, use your Gren.L to intercept the finishing points of their dodges and detonate as close to them as possible. If any B or C-Class try their luck just unload everything you have in their general direction, 8/10 times they will run or die.

4. Suppress - Shower access points to tactically superior ground and hopefully your team will flank the enemy, if the enemy flanks you try and l.o.s the s.o.b's

5. NEVER FLY! - It will make you a giant target! unless it is necessary to suppress or finish a certain area/enemy.

Those are the basics, enjoy!

Edited by wyldercat, April 23 2013 - 05:16 PM.

Posted Image

#14 RodrigoRts9

RodrigoRts9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 23 2013 - 05:27 PM

thanks for all posts!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Game, Announcement, Clan, Press

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users