HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

An All Female Clan.. What do you think_

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Poll: All Female Clan (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you a Male or Female

1. Female (15 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

2. Male (72 votes [82.76%])

Percentage of vote: 82.76%

Are you interested in joining a clan

1. Yes (27 votes [31.03%])

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

2. No (20 votes [22.99%])

Percentage of vote: 22.99%

3. Hadn't thought about it (9 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

4. Wasn't planning to (7 votes [8.05%])

Percentage of vote: 8.05%

5. Already part of one (24 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Do you know other female gammers/pilots you think would be interested_

1. Yes (33 votes [37.93%])

Percentage of vote: 37.93%

2. No (54 votes [62.07%])

Percentage of vote: 62.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Alastor_Crow

Alastor_Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted July 03 2013 - 06:39 AM

Double post

Edited by Alastor_Crow, July 03 2013 - 06:59 AM.

Posted Image

#102 Alastor_Crow

Alastor_Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted July 03 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostdamnitDave, on June 28 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

View PostAlastor_Crow, on June 28 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

@Country: The ones that do are usually:

1. Annoying
2. They suck
3. All of the above
you couldn't sound more like an ass right here son, troll or not.

No one likes annoying players who do nothing but announce to everyone in the game that they are "girl gamers". I have nothing against female players for being women; that's just stupid. I do get annoyed though by attention whoring people.

My statement is a reply to Countrygal's post:
Spoiler

Sadly, there are a few female players who do this and it is annoying. There's no other reason for it other than to seek attention from a group of select male players. There's always a few who will suck up to another player just because of their gender. If someone acts this way, it's not about the empowerment of females and breaking down stereotypes anymore, it's about attention-seeking.

If the girls want to play a game in a group with other female players, I think it's a good idea. What they shouldn't do is go "Woooohooo, the girl is here. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" every time they enter a room, as Countrygal put it.

Edited by Alastor_Crow, July 03 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Posted Image

#103 YinSoakedBoy

YinSoakedBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 03 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostAlastor_Crow, on July 03 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

No one likes annoying players who do nothing but announce to everyone in the game that they are "girl gamers". I have nothing against female players for being women; that's just stupid. I do get annoyed though by attention whoring people.

I can honestly say I have never, ever encountered a woman doing that in a game. I have seen plenty of folks accused of "attention-whoring" for, as far as I can tell, existing and not pretending they don't. I most commonly see it used against women who anger men in some other way (like not being good enough at the game, or being too good at the game). Strangely, I've never seen any of the folks that yell racial, heterosexist, and sexist epithets over their mic accused of just trying to get attention, even though that's exactly what they're doing.

Not that I think you, specifically, do any of those things. I'm just telling you what comes to mind when I see someone complain about "attention-whoring," and why.

Edited by YinSoakedBoy, July 03 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Sapphire 7850 1GB @ 1200/1200MHz / Intel i7-3770k @ 3.5GHz  w/th Arctic i30 / ASUS P8Z77-V 16GB RAM / Antec EarthWatts 650W/ Corsair 550D
I know, who cares_ I just like talking about it.

#104 Alastor_Crow

Alastor_Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted July 03 2013 - 07:24 AM

@Yin: Thank goodness I haven't seen it in Hawken but I've been playing MMORPGs on and off for the past decade or so and yes, it does happen a lot there. I even know guys who pretend to be women -- fake facebook account and all -- just to get freebie items from their guild so no one can tell me that there isn't a teen-hormone-induced double-standard in gaming when it comes to "gürl gamers". There are even people who will tell you in the first 2 sentences of your convo that they are girls (okay, fine) but will then proceed to lead the convo back to that at every turn. At least that's just what I've seen in guild chat. It only becomes a lot more obvious once you start seeing the boys flocking the special girl, at which time myself and my girlfriend, who has been playing online games for nearly as long as I have, just roll our eyes and laugh at the display.

And no, I wouldn't call out someone for it but I might let out a comment or two in a backhanded way (except for that 1 time where this "girl" was posting pictures of a semi-nude model with Xbox controllers covering her tatas, who she claims is her, all over the forums; the game was Cabal Online, IIRC).

Edited by Alastor_Crow, July 03 2013 - 07:30 AM.

Posted Image

#105 YinSoakedBoy

YinSoakedBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 03 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostAlastor_Crow, on July 03 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

@Yin: Thank goodness I haven't seen it in Hawken but I've been playing MMORPGs on and off for the past decade or so and yes, it does happen a lot there. I even know guys who pretend to be women -- fake facebook account and all -- just to get freebie items from their guild so no one can tell me that there isn't a teen-hormone-induced double-standard in gaming when it comes to "gürl gamers". There are even people who will tell you in the first 2 sentences of your convo that they are girls (okay, fine) but will then proceed to lead the convo back to that at every turn. At least that's just what I've seen in guild chat. It only becomes a lot more obvious once you start seeing the boys flocking the special girl, at which time myself and my girlfriend, who has been playing online games for nearly as long as I have, just roll our eyes and laugh at the display.

And no, I wouldn't call out someone for it but I might let out a comment or two in a backhanded way (except for that 1 time where this "girl" was posting pictures of a semi-nude model with Xbox controllers covering her tatas, who she claims is her, all over the forums; the game was Cabal Online, IIRC).

I hear what you're saying. I don't have much experience with stuff like WoW, so I'll take your word for it. I do think the fact people can even do that - use their gender (or false identity) to get favors - is actually another side effect of sexism. If guys didn't clamor all over each other trying to "help" female players (often in the hope of getting "something" in return), no one would be able to exploit it for their own benefit. It's almost funny how sexism comes back to bite us like that, and we don't even realize that's what's happening.

But WOW have we all gotten way off-topic from the OP's question! Guess it hit a nerve.
Sapphire 7850 1GB @ 1200/1200MHz / Intel i7-3770k @ 3.5GHz  w/th Arctic i30 / ASUS P8Z77-V 16GB RAM / Antec EarthWatts 650W/ Corsair 550D
I know, who cares_ I just like talking about it.

#106 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted July 03 2013 - 08:30 AM

I smiled so much about the tatas... but... which normal thinking gürl (what is this for a word___) would post such a picture in a public forum_ :huh: Wait...do not answer...

Edited by Countrygal, July 03 2013 - 08:30 AM.

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#107 LeeHarveyOz

LeeHarveyOz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 26 2014 - 03:38 AM

Seems a tad.... 90's.
An all-black or all-fuzzy bunny clan would seem equally pointless to me. We are all faceless pilots here.

Oh and I guess it's obligatory for someone to say:
[troll] 'but there aren't any women on the internet!' [/troll]

#108 USM999

USM999

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 07:59 AM

I can just imagine an entire clan of pink and cute bunny mechs all up in my face.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#109 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 01:13 PM

Ummm... Guys. This thread is almost 1 year old.

#110 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostDesert_Fox2, on April 03 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Ummm... Guys. This thread is almost 1 year old.
We think... alike...

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users