HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

An All Female Clan.. What do you think_

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Poll: All Female Clan (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you a Male or Female

1. Female (15 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

2. Male (72 votes [82.76%])

Percentage of vote: 82.76%

Are you interested in joining a clan

1. Yes (27 votes [31.03%])

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

2. No (20 votes [22.99%])

Percentage of vote: 22.99%

3. Hadn't thought about it (9 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

4. Wasn't planning to (7 votes [8.05%])

Percentage of vote: 8.05%

5. Already part of one (24 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Do you know other female gammers/pilots you think would be interested_

1. Yes (33 votes [37.93%])

Percentage of vote: 37.93%

2. No (54 votes [62.07%])

Percentage of vote: 62.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 damnitDave

damnitDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationHumboldt County,U.S.A.

Posted June 28 2013 - 01:09 PM

i have been playing with my girlfriend and other ladies, for years now, and it couldn't be further from the truth. i find a higher maturity level in ladies than guys hands down, over and over again. i would say try living with or dating a lady who games first before trying out these excessive stereotypes in public.
Posted Image

#62 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted June 28 2013 - 01:11 PM

here is a video about it

"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#63 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted June 30 2013 - 02:02 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on June 28 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Just as side note,

I think you girls should record & upload to Youtube some few games. Usinc mic would be mandatory. I think this won't be a terrible idea and would be fun. Show us your power, ladies! :D

Nononono. I never activate mic in Hawken. I don´t wanna see rest of the team bumping against walls and each other when I open my mouth to please them building a team. Maybe this would be more horrible as before when everyone runs around without plan.

Edited by Countrygal, June 30 2013 - 02:05 AM.

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#64 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted June 30 2013 - 02:53 AM

Sexism has no place in society and the way female characters appear in the gaming world should be held to question. Hawken, I have found, is generally very good at equality of all kinds (except perhaps for that publicity graphic with a scantily clad female mechanic) If there is sexism within this game it is within the community itself and should absolutely not be tolerated.

As for the question in the OP, I think an all female clan could potentially be quite an eye opener. I know CountryGal is pretty lethal with a Reaper though I understand her reasons for not wanting to distinguish between the sexes in this way, in this game. I would suggest to LovelyRita and all the female pilots in Hawken, that you perhaps join one of the clans already in circulation. I know that the more established clans like TAW, BSB and Blue Vengance welcome female recruits and are committed to equality throughout. This would probably have more of an impact on sexual equality in the long run.

Pastorius

Edited by Pastorius, June 30 2013 - 03:13 AM.

Posted Image

#65 YinSoakedBoy

YinSoakedBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted June 30 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostPastorius, on June 30 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Sexism has no place in society and the way female characters appear in the gaming world should be held to question. Hawken, I have found, is generally very good at equality of all kinds (except perhaps for that publicity graphic with a scantily clad female mechanic) If there is sexism within this game it is within the community itself and should absolutely not be tolerated.

The publicity over that "underboob" poster is actually what got me to try Hawken in the first place - because of Mark Long's excellent mea culpa when a female employee called him out on it with the "Brosie" prank poster. Hearing that Meteor's CEO actually gave a damn what women think made me give a game they publish a try, and I've been enjoying it ever since. I really hope the attitude Long showed then will hold true of the Hawken community in general.
Sapphire 7850 1GB @ 1200/1200MHz / Intel i7-3770k @ 3.5GHz  w/th Arctic i30 / ASUS P8Z77-V 16GB RAM / Antec EarthWatts 650W/ Corsair 550D
I know, who cares_ I just like talking about it.

#66 Ivyory

Ivyory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationTangoing with your teammates

Posted June 30 2013 - 10:28 AM

There are no women on the internet. What lies are these_!
I kid, but I don't really get any trouble during games. Here and there you get the odd asshat, but only now and again. Still, an all girl team would be fun :P
~Ivy~
Player of Hawken, avatar of Minecraft, hunter of unicorns.
Reach me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IvyGoesPewPew
Check out my channel: http://www.youtube.c...r/IvyGoesGaming

#67 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 30 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostdamnitDave, on June 28 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

i have been playing with my girlfriend and other ladies, for years now, and it couldn't be further from the truth. i find a higher maturity level in ladies than guys hands down, over and over again. i would say try living with or dating a lady who games first before trying out these excessive stereotypes in public.
For somebody who goes on about "don't stereotype", a lot of your statements sure do fall under the category of excessive stereotyping...

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#68 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 01 2013 - 06:14 AM

Well,
going back on topic I'd like to share the following statement. I've played with several girls in the game and in my opinion they do not have anything to envy to any of male pilots in the Hawken community. Whilst certain of these pilots were playing like machines without sharing a word during the games, other girl pilots were talking nicely and also were excepcionally good team players during all the game I played with her/them.

I've not seen many using the standard VO/IP system in the game though. But I strongly encourage you all ladies playing this game to do it. Being just a matter of setting your mic and volume levels up and checking on whether everything is fine with some other pals in the game I don't see any difference nor where is the problem in that.

And again, I'd love to watch recorded games in which your girls play all together as a team and using mics uploaded to Youtube. :)

Hoping to meet you all more often online as well as hoping to lots of good games with or against you all. Other than that, IMHO, it's all about senseless and moronic sexism, useless jambo-mambo and/or non-positive contribution in here about this, IMHO again, fun and promising initiative of yours. It's all about fun and we're all Hawken pilots who want to rock and have fun in the game.

Just my 400 cents on this. :D
xxx
-Sil

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#69 damnitDave

damnitDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 30 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

View PostdamnitDave, on June 28 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

For somebody who goes on about "don't stereotype", a lot of your statements sure do fall under the category of excessive stereotyping...

View PostAlastor_Crow, on June 28 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

@Country: The ones that do are usually:

1. Annoying
2. They suck
3. All of the above
right i get it. i am perpetuating stereotypes, not this guy. i was defending the ladies, civility, and the truth that i have discovered personally. in my eyes. i fail to see how i was in the wrong here. regardless, im sure you know better than me, it is the internet after all.
Posted Image

#70 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hah. Girls don't play video games. Y'all got TROLLED!

#71 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted July 01 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostRedVan, on July 01 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Damn, I knew it! Duped again

because bow ties are cool

#72 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 10:59 AM

Posted Image
:D generalizing

Edited by ropefish, July 01 2013 - 10:59 AM.

"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "

#73 Ivyory

Ivyory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationTangoing with your teammates

Posted July 01 2013 - 11:39 AM

Really though I'd love to play with some other girls. Maybe we should all just meet up and play a game or two together.
~Ivy~
Player of Hawken, avatar of Minecraft, hunter of unicorns.
Reach me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IvyGoesPewPew
Check out my channel: http://www.youtube.c...r/IvyGoesGaming

#74 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted July 01 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostdamnitDave, on July 01 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

right i get it. i am perpetuating stereotypes, not this guy. i was defending the ladies, civility, and the truth that i have discovered personally. in my eyes. i fail to see how i was in the wrong here. regardless, im sure you know better than me, it is the internet after all.
In the process of defending women, you've stated ridiculous sweeping generalizations, and outright falsehoods about men, clans, and certain age groups.

So yes, you are perpetuating stereotypes, just not ones about women.

You say you do it to defend ladies, civility and the truth you've discovered, but putting down and insulting entire groups of people based on generalizations isn't an act of someone who is being civil, and simple observation and research shows that several of the "truths" you've discovered are at best grievous exaggerations and at worst outright lies.

So maybe you are trying to defend women, but because you're putting down entire groups based on generalizations, insulting others (rather than being civil in the face of rudeness) and stating things as truth when it's easy to prove that things don't fall so easily into the neat categories you've laid out, it looks to me more like you're white knighting and just trying to gain favor for your own gain, rather than defending women.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#75 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 01 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostRedVan, on July 01 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

#1 rule of the internet. Man until proven woman or for you not so classy folk "pics or GTFO" lolololololol

Posted Image

#76 damnitDave

damnitDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 04:46 PM

seems a tad off that hes cool with picking and choosing what/who he gets to attack. but hey i don't have 5K + posts here so who am i_
Posted Image

#77 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 04:51 PM

once again for ****s and giggles
Posted Image

#78 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted July 01 2013 - 06:33 PM

Dave, I think you've done an incredible job of proving my point. You've made accusations about me based on stereotypes and falsehoods ("Has pretty woman in avatar/sig = must be sexist") and you've failed to be civil (circumventing chat filters and hurling insults).

You've hurt your reputation and position with your own actions more than I ever could.
Which is hilarious because I'm not even trying to hurt your reputation or anything. I'm just pointing out you shouldn't be putting people down for being elitist and using stereotypes when you're doing that yourself. It's rather hypocritical.

You know, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." and all that jazz_

AJK is right

#79 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 07:56 PM

Which stone we casting now_  Restowned or hestoned_  Either way, it's sure to hurt when it hits.

Edited by RedVan, July 01 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#80 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted July 02 2013 - 01:42 AM

View PostRedVan, on July 01 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Which stone we casting now_  Restowned or hestoned_  Either way, it's sure to hurt when it hits.
Don't forget Omnistone_
Getting hit by that would hurt all over.

Get it_ Because "omni" means "all"_ So you'd be getting hit by all the stones or a stone that hits everything, so you end up getting hit all over_ Get it_ Huh_ Huh_ Funny right guys_
Isn't if funny_
Hey... where'd everyone go_

AJK is right

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users