HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is infiltrator OP_

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Is infiltrator OP_ (244 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Infiltrator OP_

1. Yes (58 votes [23.77%])

Percentage of vote: 23.77%

2. No (186 votes [76.23%])

Percentage of vote: 76.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Thrael

Thrael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 07:49 PM

I've played only a couple of days and noticed that Infiltrators frequently top-score with a good margin from the rest.

My thoughts on this matter:
Fast classes in this game already has advantage since they are smaller, faster and bullet weapon is weak, Infiltrator additionaly gets cloak allowing to use it for ambush or retreat further improwing its survivability and attack capabilities. And the last it gets realy heavy weapon allowing one shot kills.

#2 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted May 04 2013 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

But out of all seriousness, the Infiltrator is not OP. What you see there is the result of it being placed on the test drive roster, which explains the sudden increase of them in-game, not to mention, some of those players have been playing for quite awhile.

And I eat Infiltrators for Breakfast. Just light 'em up with the good 'ol EOC and Hellfires (Or any weapon for that fact), and they'll be crying

'MEDIC!'

Edited by The_Eldritch_Abomination, May 04 2013 - 08:06 PM.

< TEXT-FIELD >

#3 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 09:04 PM

Infiltrators take skill. They are by no means an easy class IMOl. I've seen plenty dominate and many more suck. They have nice tools to get the job done, just depends on the player. Honestly, I have 7 lvl 25 mechs, but infiltrator is not one of them. I'm wanting to level one up. but they are a very skilled class and require a lot of thought and strategy. Since they are an A class, it's not like a brawler where they can sit there and mop up. You need oto use cunning and skill. They are powerful, but only if you know WTF you are doing IMHO.

#4 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted May 04 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostKyRoS, on May 04 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

it's not like a brawler where they can sit there and mop up
As an occasional Brawler player (former main) myself, as well as someone who knows several high end Brawler players, I can assure you that this strategy isn't viable on any mech unless you're fighting bots or players who might as well be bots
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#5 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 09:55 PM

I would say it depends on which weapon the infiltrator is using. Any mech that has the Heat(best weapon in game) is broken. So one of the three variants on the infiltrator is OP.

#6 YellerBill

YellerBill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationConstructing Additional Pylons

Posted May 04 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostAnalysis, on May 04 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

I would say it depends on which weapon the infiltrator is using. Any mech that has the Heat(best weapon in game) is broken. So one of the three variants on the infiltrator is OP.

You refuse to discuss the EOC which everyone thinks is broken and continue to claim the HEAT is broken, despite never showing any evidence to support that. /rolls eyes

I was not dead... I was only sleeping.

#7 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted May 04 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostYellerBill, on May 04 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

You refuse to discuss the EOC which everyone thinks is broken and continue to claim the HEAT is broken, despite never showing any evidence to support that. /rolls eyes
Don't use the HEAT! Use the EOC! Fell the power!
< TEXT-FIELD >

#8 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 10:40 PM

You can counter the EOC by dodging. If the EOC user makes mines you can easily see them and avoid. How do you counter the Heat_

#9 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 04 2013 - 10:50 PM

Annoying sometimes - yes. OP - no.

Posted Image

#10 tJev

tJev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted May 04 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostAnalysis, on May 04 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

You can counter the EOC by dodging. If the EOC user makes mines you can easily see them and avoid. How do you counter the Heat_
Teach me how to dodge EOCs that arnt spammed by the opponent, especially close range.

Basically you just have to move and pray that you can avoid being hit, same goes for most weapons, if you dodge you will get hit by the secondary for a beefy burst. What makes HEAT scout and HEAT infil so great is that they are a-class mechs.
- Lvl.25 EOC Infiltrator
- Lvl.25 Vulcan Bruiser (cleverly disguised as a tiger Fred)
- Lvl.25 SMC Cupcake
- Lvl.25 Flak Brawler
- Lvl.25 Vulcan Berserker

#11 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted May 04 2013 - 11:55 PM

Like any mech it's unrelenting in the right hands.
"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#12 int3r

int3r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationRussia, StPete

Posted May 05 2013 - 12:47 AM

Heat is better for peekaboo, EOC better for everything else. And only one thing can be broken... ur hands.

And NO, inf don't OP. OP is mine. Nerf me next patch pls.

Posted Image

#13 Kazma

Kazma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationGermany - Leipzig

Posted May 05 2013 - 01:43 AM

View Postint3r, on May 05 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Nerf me next patch pls.

ok, I'll do that :)

Edited by Kazma, May 05 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Posted Image
pm me for hire :)

#14 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted May 05 2013 - 03:27 AM

back to your thread bud, lol
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#15 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 05 2013 - 05:13 AM

The only thing you can do really is deny splash damage by positioning properly around cover and force engagements where they come to you or at super close range. Problem is good players won't come to you directly they will try and find another angle which can leave some room to outplay and maybe even force them into a bad position, but its more of a chess match than a direct dodge.

Posted Image

#16 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted May 05 2013 - 08:07 AM

View Postint3r, on May 05 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Heat is better for peekaboo, EOC better for everything else. And only one thing can be broken... ur hands.

And NO, inf don't OP. OP is mine. Nerf me next patch pls.

I didn't see much peekaboo tactics in the video. Most of the fights I would categorize as mid range with a couple of close ones. When your aim was on you did nearly instant damage. I found it comical at how much longer it took to have the grenade reach the target. You can dodge the grenade launcher, but how can you avoid the Heat_

I'm not sure what level of play the game was at, but I'm not worried about you as a heat user. You are rather passive from what I'm used to seeing. I'm not a Heat user, but I was confused when you thrusted towards someone that was at mid range just to finish them with the grenade launcher when a Heat would of been sufficient.

The Heat users I'm used to seeing don't seem to miss as frequently. At those mid range fights the Heat users can easily unload a charged shot, dash behind  cover, and repeat until their opponent is dead. I'm used to seeing Heat users at mid range have the same accuracy as a zoomed in slug rifle.

I didn't see much EOC in the video, but at one point you countered the mines by flying over them. I will ask again what is the counter to the Heat_

#17 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted May 05 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostAnalysis, on May 05 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

I didn't see much EOC in the video, but at one point you countered the mines by flying over them. I will ask again what is the counter to the Heat_
Nomen est omen.
Good question. I rarely see HEAT on the battlefield nowadays. I am also not a HEAT user but it seems since the devs lowered the splash damage they can no longer kill someone behind cover so easily.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#18 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted May 05 2013 - 09:14 AM

Among the A classes, I think they are all fairly equal.  Plenty of deadly Flak and Heat Scouts out there.

#19 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted May 05 2013 - 09:20 AM

I suck with heat D: Currently using Vulcan Assault so I haven't practised much with it.
To all new Hawken Pilots! Press SPACE BAR and HOLD to enter GOD mode.

#20 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted May 05 2013 - 09:23 AM

Is the infiltrator OP_ Definitely not. Can it be a total asspain in the hands of the right pilot_ Certainly! Though this is just my opinion, I feel the EOC still needs to be brought down a peg. I don't think any primary weapon should have the potential to deal more damage than half of the secondary weapons, regardless of usability.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users