HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is infiltrator OP_

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Is infiltrator OP_ (244 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Infiltrator OP_

1. Yes (58 votes [23.77%])

Percentage of vote: 23.77%

2. No (186 votes [76.23%])

Percentage of vote: 76.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted May 05 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on May 05 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

I feel the EOC still needs to be brought down a peg. I don't think any primary weapon should have the potential to deal more damage than half of the secondary weapons, regardless of usability.

I feel the mine duration can be a bit too long but a lot of people demand a major damage nerf without giving any thought of buffing other areas to compensate for the damage nerf. Usually goes down to "OMGGGGG number too high nerf nowwwwwww" when in reality it still isn't as good as heat or flak in a competitive environment (my clanmates made me use heat in scrims q.q). If anyone would like to suggest a way to balance it out without making it useless or turning it into a slow Heat Cannon then please go ahead, devs are all over those ideas.

Edited by Sylhiri, May 05 2013 - 09:34 AM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#22 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted May 05 2013 - 12:05 PM

I was wondering when this gona show up. Airbursting GL that has spash radius size of two C mechs is really.. skillful.

Edited by PiVoR, May 05 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#23 Riflebird

Riflebird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted May 05 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostAnalysis, on May 04 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

You can counter the EOC by dodging. If the EOC user makes mines you can easily see them and avoid. How do you counter the Heat_

Posted Image

#24 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted May 05 2013 - 01:15 PM

The infiltrator requires a lot of skill to use correctly and those who can, typically are very skillful. Kiting is the main tactic with infil and is just to difficult of a concept for some players.

because bow ties are cool

#25 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted May 05 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostRiflebird, on May 05 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

You can counter the EOC by dodging. If the EOC user makes mines you can easily see them and avoid. How do you counter the Heat_

Posted Image

How do you dodge a weapon that travels faster then your mech by a considerable degree_ If you do manage to get slightly away you will still be caught in the splash.

#26 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted May 05 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostAnalysis, on May 05 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

How do you dodge a weapon that travels faster then your mech by a considerable degree_ If you do manage to get slightly away you will still be caught in the splash.

To quote beeman, anecdotes on top of anecdotes... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#27 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted May 05 2013 - 07:11 PM

Can someone post the hard numbers on the amount of damage these weapons put out or a link to where we can find them all in one place or should we wait for the next Patch to hit to compare damage and balance of weapons...._

#28 Riflebird

Riflebird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted May 05 2013 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image

#29 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted May 06 2013 - 12:15 AM

It's not op. No need to nerf eoc even more. If nerf eoc.. might be better to remove it completely. Usability is very much important.

#30 wen87n

wen87n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted May 06 2013 - 01:50 AM

EOC is one of the hardest-to-use primary. The users deserve that power. Please do not Nerf it again and again.

Also to people who think infiltrator is OP. Just simply buy one and use it. Nothing is Overpower since everyone have the freedom of using the same mech and same weapon as long as players reach lvl 25 then unlock the prestige primary. If I killed by someone regularly. I never complain about the mech or weapon they use is Overpower. More likely It just the gap between pilot skill.

Edited by wen87n, May 06 2013 - 02:17 AM.

Posted Image

#31 wmd_frank

wmd_frank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationGalway, Ireland

Posted May 06 2013 - 02:44 AM

I have only just recently tried out the Inf for myself.
I certainly agree that it takes a skilled pilot to use this mech to its potential. This could be discouraging to those new to it I am sure.
For myself, I will keep on working with it as the speed coupled with firepower/cloaking is fun.  As for it being OP, definitely not.

#32 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostBeemann, on May 04 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

View PostKyRoS, on May 04 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

it's not like a brawler where they can sit there and mop up
As an occasional Brawler player (former main) myself, as well as someone who knows several high end Brawler players, I can assure you that this strategy isn't viable on any mech unless you're fighting bots or players who might as well be bots

What I meant was that a brawler is more equipped to go toe to toe with someone. Sure, if you can't dodge then an A class can outmaneuver you. But if a Brawler and Infiltrator stand there and go toe to toe, the brawler is much beefier. The Infiltrator seems like an amazing hit and run class to me.

#33 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 06:32 AM

View Postwen87n, on May 06 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

Nothing is Overpower since everyone have the freedom of using the same mech and same weapon as long as players reach lvl 25 then unlock the prestige primary. If I killed by someone regularly. I never complain about the mech or weapon they use is Overpower. More likely It just the gap between pilot skill.

This is poor reasoning. Just because everyone in theory has the option to use the mech doesn't mean its balanced.

Consider Halo for a moment. Two players could be playing on a large map. If one play has a sniper rifle and the other has a plasma pistol. Would you consider it balanced if the plasma pistol user had no other weapon and the only weapon spawns were near the sniper rifle user_ In theory the plasma pistol user could get a new weapon, but the sniper rifle player has a considerable advantage.

I have no problem with the EOC. My issue is with the Heat. I have yet to hear any strategy that can be used to counter the weapon.

Please note that my issue with the Heat isn't mech specific, but with the weapon itself.

#34 Gookywun

Gookywun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

Posted May 06 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostAnalysis, on May 06 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

View Postwen87n, on May 06 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

Nothing is Overpower since everyone have the freedom of using the same mech and same weapon as long as players reach lvl 25 then unlock the prestige primary. If I killed by someone regularly. I never complain about the mech or weapon they use is Overpower. More likely It just the gap between pilot skill.

This is poor reasoning. Just because everyone in theory has the option to use the mech doesn't mean its balanced.

Consider Halo for a moment. Two players could be playing on a large map. If one play has a sniper rifle and the other has a plasma pistol. Would you consider it balanced if the plasma pistol user had no other weapon and the only weapon spawns were near the sniper rifle user_ In theory the plasma pistol user could get a new weapon, but the sniper rifle player has a considerable advantage.

I have no problem with the EOC. My issue is with the Heat. I have yet to hear any strategy that can be used to counter the weapon.

Please note that my issue with the Heat isn't mech specific, but with the weapon itself.
You're so flawed saying that the heat is "broken". For a second let's compare Heat to Flak cannon. Heat cannon is a 100 damage chargeable projectile weapon with a very little burst radius and a high heat gain, Flak is a hitscan shotgun that deals around 120 damage point plank at target's in CQC but also has a very inconsistant spread that allows it to pull off around 60 damage at mid range.  EOC is a 180 damage chargeable projecile weapon with a rediculous fire rate for each puck that allows you to hit dead-on target's at QCQ for more damage than a SECONDARY weapon, It's heat generation is lower than heat cannons and it can also be used to place along floors or at the feet of mechs allowing the pucks to INSTANTLY detonate and cause an absurd amount of damage.

If you're trying to explain that "you can't dodge a heat cannon blah blah" then you need to get dodgeing, Heat Cannon is a high learning curve weapon to use and require PRECISE aiming to even deal that 100 damage when FULLY CHARGED, Whilst the EOC does an insane 180 damage fully charged that means in CQC situation getting hit by that thing AND a secondary leans you up for an instant grab as a A class or even a B Class when combined with a Detonator.

You're honestly going around the forums saying "heat is broken" when you can't even dodge it and your excuse for the EOC not being "broken" (when it obviously is) is that you CAN dodge it at CQC_ that make's no sense unless you're just god aweful at using the EOC and don't actually know how to max it's potential at CQC ranges, sure the Heat can be used at max range but that's a high risk reward for being precise with it, not everyone can hit off a chargeable 100 damage shot at max range with the Heat where with the EOC you just spam mines till everything is dead. Your logic is flawed and you can't back it up, but i'll love to read a reply from you.

Side note : Heat Cannon used to be "broken" when stunlock was still around, same with REV-GL (still consistered stupid) and some other weapons , but now that stunlock has been fixed Heat Cannon is in a good spot and doesn't need any tweaks as we know.

Edited by Gookywun, May 06 2013 - 09:39 AM.

Posted Image

http://www.twitch.tv/gookywun

http://www.twitch.tv/lancersofficial

Dubbed 'Angela Merkel - Emperor of the Union' by ReachH.

#35 Rebe11ion

Rebe11ion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 09:54 AM

Many topics-one picture.

Posted Image
Prosk Light Armored Division
http://hawkenwiki.net

#36 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted May 06 2013 - 09:59 AM

^ accurate depiction of the forums since Alpha 2
Posted Image

#37 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted May 06 2013 - 10:59 AM

Posted Image

It's called Anticipating your enemy.

#38 Kulikov

Kulikov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 11:29 AM

I don't feel qualified to vote on this until I get an Infiltrator to AT LEAST level 10.

#39 Subject9x

Subject9x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDocking Bay 94

Posted May 07 2013 - 07:32 PM

its not really the infiltrator so much as A class in general. A class behave like someone in quake, whereas C class and a lesser extent B class move more like walking tanks; which one is going to win_ sure it depends on pilot skill, but dodging incessantly and have almost 1:1 mouse control certainly give the A class a superior edge. Currently there is no reason to take anything but an A class, and now even the technician is an A class, so if one was not super at offense, they can corner defense as well.

#40 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 07 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostSubject9x, on May 07 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

its not really the infiltrator so much as A class in general. A class behave like someone in quake, whereas C class and a lesser extent B class move more like walking tanks; which one is going to win_ sure it depends on pilot skill, but dodging incessantly and have almost 1:1 mouse control certainly give the A class a superior edge. Currently there is no reason to take anything but an A class, and now even the technician is an A class, so if one was not super at offense, they can corner defense as well.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users