HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dodge is hurting game balance in various aspects

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostGruncor, on May 30 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostRedVan, on May 30 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

View PostGruncor, on May 30 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

View PostGruncor, on May 30 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

View PostRedVan, on May 30 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

UT and quake left their makers bankrupt.

I lol'd
The franchises are not well TODAY. They may resurface through new games, but currently can be considered rather low profitability with other latest games. CS, Quake 3, CoD, rainbow6, Medal of Honor, MWO annnnnd WoT.
I already answered the question on page 5. You are bad bro.

no you didn't.  nice try.
CS, Quake 3, CoD, rainbow6, Medal of Honor, MWO annnnnd WoT.Friend you have problems ...

Oh that stuff you edited in after I kept asking you...  You think people go back and keep reading all your old posts to make sure we keep up to date with your edits_

You make a new post to answer a question if you didn't answer it originally, that way people know wtf you're talking about.  Throwing a string of games on like this:

View PostGruncor, on May 30 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

View PostRedVan, on May 30 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

UT and quake left their makers bankrupt.

I lol'd
The franchises are not well TODAY. They may resurface through new games, but currently can be considered rather low profitability with other latest games. CS, Quake 3, CoD, rainbow6, Medal of Honor, MWO annnnnd WoT.

simply confuses people as to what the hell you're trying to say, if they even bother to go back to read your old posts, which most dont.

For example, in that post, you're talking about franchises that are not well TODAY.  Then you give a list of games.  That would lead any good english speaking person to believe you're listing those games as franchises that are not well today.

Anyway, so those are games you've played before.  A very small list, the majority of them being slow games with low skill differentials.  Take CS, CoD, rainbow 6, and MoH for example.  They're all pretty much the same thing.  If you can play one, you can play the other.  Those games are designed to be very easy to play in order to market to a large audience.

So, you're going to come in here, give us proof of primarily playing fairly slow easy games (which I would also include MWO in, though different from the "modern" shooters you listed), then complain about sucking with dodge, and requesting it be removed for the sake of helping yourself do better, and falsely assuming that low population levels are the result of a mechanic that you cannot grasp.

Some people just never learn I guess.

#122 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on May 30 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

View PostGruncor, on May 30 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on May 30 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

View PostGruncor, on May 30 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

6 months = 500 players online ... One year will be how much_ 1000_ A game that had such high expectations at the start of the open beta will settle for such a low number of players_ Open Beta is the period in which the number of players increases very fast. By Meteor predictions should be about 15,000 online right now at least.

View PostLeonhardt, on May 30 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Perhaps you should train more and return after you have increased your super saiyan level. Until you are strong enough to defeat Frieza I will not recognize your strength.

http://en.wikipedia....onential_growth

Learn math, defeat Frieza then you can take on the raid boss.
You sent me learn math, and I'm banking. Every day the credit analyze the viability of investments and determine if it is worth making loans to people and businesses. I can notice errors with facilities in the guidelines of a business and say that it will go wrong or not.

Yes I was showing you what exponential growth is. It can be applied in marketing as well and since you may not understand this very well Hawken is an investment. The rest of my posts were because you are a troll whether you realize it or not. You operate just like a troll does. You have no statistics or supporting evidence yet you make grandiose claims to be correct with flawed logic.
Exponential growth in Hawken depends on the mass entry of new players. New players bring other new players through positive propaganda. The base of old players have to encourage new players, but it has its line of limited social contact and soon will no longer contribute to the exponential growth. So that to have exponential growth the community should not stop growing so the beta is opened many beginners should have entered the game and not come out. In Hawken exponential growth depends on reversing the exit of players and encourage the input. Also at the beginning of open beta doubt that had less than 100 players testing this game.

Edited by Gruncor, May 30 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#123 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted May 30 2013 - 11:04 AM

Could you please stop pretedending you know everything about games_ You don't either know the mind of ALL players, you don't know everything about GAME BALANCE, you don't know ANYTHING about what you are talking about.

Stop telling us/the devs what to do because you are just talking about YOUR OPINION and lem'me say something to you.

Your opinion is worthless. Thank god we live in demogracy so you need many people staying behind you and sharign your opinion. Unfortunately they are doing nothing of them.

You are not interested anyways but I will tell you now my opinion.

Hawken is a great game for skillful players, also because of the dodge. You can handle a 1vs2 situation if you are skilled, even a 1vs3 situation. At the beginning is Hawken hard for everyone true, but you need the will to improve yourself (wich you didn't got). However, the more I play it, the better I get, the more fun I have. Because the way is the destinatio.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#124 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 11:11 AM

Nothing that is done for the few is democratic ... I personally gave my opinion and honestly do not care if it is implemented. Now I'd like you to do better than my opinions and really would put this game in the right way. You are the beta community. The opinion of you is taken into account and because of it the game is bad. I left my feedback and I will return to play only when this game is finished. Let's see if it will be better or will continue sinking.

Edited by Gruncor, May 30 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#125 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 11:18 AM

'sinking' in your opinion, actually it's doin' great.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#126 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted May 30 2013 - 11:27 AM

This is going in circles bro
Prove that it's specifically dodge and not one of the numerous complained-about mechanics (burst dominance, technician, turn-rate cap (which is often mistaken for negative mouse acceleration by new players) etc.), a marketing failure (because Hawken has had little to no exposure up to this point) or a result of the amount of content the game has (very few functional game modes, not many maps)
Prove that dodge is what players hate when reviews for Hawken reference things like its current monetization system, or when would-be players complain about the HUD and lack of feedback

Then you get to make comments about the majority and minority. Once you prove that the one part of the game that has been consistently praised in reviews is actually what's driving people away, then you get to make the argument that it's what's at fault for a lack of population explosion
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#127 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostFakeName, on May 30 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

'sinking' in your opinion, actually it's doin' great.
The game goes well__ It's been half the beta time (taking into account that it will be released in early of 2014) and this game does not keep 1k players online on all servers. Goes very well. Dodge is not bad, but too much movement is something that impresses, but with time itself loses the game the way it was to be tactical and only becomes a shootout.

Edited by Gruncor, May 30 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#128 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostGruncor, on May 30 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Dodge is not bad, but too much movement is something that impresses, but with time itself loses the game the way it was to be tactical and only becomes a shootout.

View PostNept, on May 30 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Speed does not preempt strategy.  UT2k3's top-tier instagib ctf matches had some of the most strategic play and the best teamwork that I've seen - and that's about as fast and frenetic as it gets.  Similarly, Unreal 2 XMP's complexity and depth put Tribes to shame.  And even Tribes is fairly fast, albeit entirely in the linear sense.

As you become better at the game and familiarize yourself with its pacing, you become better able to employ tactics and overarching strategies.  The difference between fast- and slow-paced games is that the former requires players to reach high levels of skill and competence before being able to employ strategies.

Heeey - right back to where we started.  At least I can copy/paste the older posts that were ignored.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#129 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted May 30 2013 - 11:58 AM

Look numbers:

https://community.pl...ng-need-a-nerf/
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#130 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted May 30 2013 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#131 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted May 30 2013 - 12:23 PM

to all posts above this

Posted Image

srry i late :3

"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#132 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 30 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostGruncor, on May 30 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

-snip-
I'm going to make this very simple.

You need to show evidence that links the dodge mechanic to low population.
What you need to prove is HOW the dodge mechanic leads to low population.

Simply stating low population is not evidence.
Using your friends opinions is not evidence. If you want to use them as evidence, you need to prove:
  • That your friends actually exist as separate people from yourself.
  • That you are in no way having an influence on their opinion.
  • That dodge was the only reason they left the game.
  • That their opinions are similar to that of the thousands of players in Hawken.
You can not simply say that the majority of the player base agrees with you. You need to show proof that backs up that claim.

Here is an article from Wikipedia on what PROOF is, since you appear to be confused about the matter: http://en.wikipedia....i/Proof_(truth)

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#133 MasterFALE

MasterFALE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 03:15 PM

Stuff

Leonhart, that was epic.

Broke up the numbness of my day, thank you.
Posted ImageReaper(25), Scout(15), Infiltrator(6), Technician(11), Bruiser(25), CRT(15), SharpShooter(12), Rocketeer(18), Grenadier(12), Brawler(6)

#134 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 30 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostMasterFALE, on May 30 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Stuff

Leonhart, that was epic.

Broke up the numbness of my day, thank you.

Thats what I'm here for! :D

Posted Image

#135 Adeptus_Mechanicum

Adeptus_Mechanicum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 30 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostGruncor, on May 30 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

View PostAdeptus_Mechanicum, on May 30 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

View PostNept, on May 29 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Again, "any claims concerning difficulty are largely addressed by the low- and mid-level server groups."

There's a big difference, Gruncor, between offering useful feedback and spouting opinions as though they were fact.  You have given your opinion about dodging, and have argued that restricting or removing it will expand the playerbase significantly.  To support this assertion, you've provided only anecdotal evidence re: the experience of your friends.  Well, my friends happen to enjoy Hawken's speed.  Do you have any additional supporting evidence_

Here's the thing: gameplay tweaks are not going to expand Hawken's population by tens of millions.  Your entire argument can be summed up as:

1) Hawken does not have 10 million active players.
2) I have trouble with fast games.
3) My friends also have trouble with fast games.

And here is the first fallacious leap:
4) My experiences, and the experiences of my friends, are representative of the gaming population at large.

And the second:
5) Therefore, Hawken does not have 10 million active players because it is a fast game.

And the third:
6) By making the change I want - and by extension the change that the vast majority of gamers want - Hawken's population will dramatically increase.

That's not how it works.
i would like your post twice if i could.
In this post I used impersonal arguments that can easily be confirmed by searching the internet, game servers population and forum.
First, the prediction of 10kk players was done by the Meteor to forbes magazine itself at the opening of the Open Beta. They thought rhythm game downloads would reflect the increase in the number of players that did NOT happen because the game very displeased players.
Second: This is a F2P game. This game model is suitable for casual gamers who eventually become effective. Casual players do not waste time trying to learn the game mechanics in detail. Only there is a deepening in the game if he is attractive since the beginning which is not happening with Hawken.
Third: The community of this game is still very small and possibly formed by players who play 5-6 hours per day (hardcores that are only a small part of the public and they left games bankrupt today as UT3 and Quake). The current community therefore requires a high level of skill in the entire game that is not suitable for the F2P model.
The sum of these factors reveals that the game mode you are not able to actually have a population as high as expected and can be rather passive bankruptcy soon.
all i read was this: "Waaaaaaagh! i'm butthurt because this isnt CoD with giant robots! gimme what i want or i leave!"
if you dont like this game, you could just... you know... leave. giant machines such as mechs are known for quick side-steps and dodges. its native to the concept.

this is what a lot of us has been withholding to tell you this whole time: deal with it, suck it up, learn to use it or GTFO, thx for whatever money you spent. :)

#136 Adeptus_Mechanicum

Adeptus_Mechanicum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 30 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostdEd101, on May 30 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

that ONE "yes" MUST be gruncor. i believe he mad
good job dEd101, you win a free internet.

you know, this forum need a downvote system. gruncor would have about 15+ downvotes on each posts XD

Edited by Adeptus_Mechanicum, May 30 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#137 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted May 31 2013 - 06:06 AM

That awkward moment if someone is in need of posting wikipeida links of simple words because someone else doesn't get it :D How deep can someone sink_

- FakeName

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users