HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Micro-Transactions; Cockpit Customizations!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationThe land of apple pie and toddler pageants.

Posted September 25 2012 - 05:49 PM

Isn't "throwing money at the devs as long as we get what we want" the very definition of success for the devs_ I mean, isn't that really what they're going for_
Posted Image

#62 DarkTechNo

DarkTechNo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 25 2012 - 08:07 PM

Are you for success of the game, or the Dev_ If all you care about is the Dev's success then just give them all your money, why even worry about the game_ As a potential customer I want the best value for my dollar, I am MORE then willing to buy the game, just not in little, tiny cut up pieces that would equal way more then a normal retail price, and would give me an incredible advantage over people who did not shell out the cash.

#63 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationThe land of apple pie and toddler pageants.

Posted September 26 2012 - 03:51 AM

Assuming it's "Pay to Win" which the both the Alpha and interviews with the Dev have given me more than enough confidence that it won't be. If we were looking at a situation like the F2P battlefield game, you'd have a legitimate complaint. And in this case, since Hawken is their only project on the board, success for the dev = success for the game.

And really As long as I'm "Getting what I want" out of the game, why shouldn't I "throw money at it_"

I've played more than enough F2P games that worked and worked well for me to have faith that the devs have seen what works and what doesn't and are studying that. They know no one wants a pay to win scenario.
Posted Image

#64 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 05:46 AM

Finally I managed to play in the alpha. I can't speak about specifics.

It a crime to not pay for this. Everything is exactly what you expect. The game is sometimes confused with an old movie with amazing special effects. The details the feel of the mech, everything in it seems well crafted. This game has the expected potential.

All I have to say is that Adhesive delivered.

Period. (I'm deeply happy for them, their effort will be well received and remunerated.)

#65 [BV]TinCan

[BV]TinCan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted October 02 2012 - 01:48 PM

Even I would pay for the customization of my Mechs.
And I really don't have much to spare.
That's also why I am so grateful that for people like me it is even possible to play such a gem.
I am happy to pay "in little" for the game, cause that's all I can afford. I (and I believe quite a number of other people) wouldn't have the money to pay full prize once. This way even they can play and give what they can, to feel they give their support.

I'm really glad that whatever greater plan pushed it this way worked out so well!

I don't see why profit shouldn't be at least part of the goal here.
This game is worth supporting the devs. As the poster above says: it's amazing!
And to keep it that way and motivate them to implement whatever crazy ideas come to our minds there has to be some kind of revenue.

So +1 for all the customizations mentioned here:
  • Air fresheners would be so awesome
  • different HUD colors
  • I think being able to shade the whole cockpit would be cool. like having blacklights in it.
  • add an old Photograf (that's actually from another thread)
  • a (Skullhead) bobblehead for my Mech
  • some nice neon lights or some hydroics
  • an Atlas from MWO
  • special clan insignias on your Mech!
  • fuzzy dice
  • pink fuzzy carpet
  • Coffee cup holder with a steaming cup of coffee, if the cup has no lid, then in intense action coffee might spill over. When the mech/pilot is idle, maybe an animation of taking a sip every now and then would be cool.
  • For ultimate pimp swag, shutter windows so you can be like Kanye West in a mech. Would look ridiculous and probably handicap your aiming and vision, but hey, best suggestion of all time. Of all time.
  • dashboard hula girl
  • Cream shagpile carpet with burnt orange wallpaper and walnut veneer dashboard. Everytime I get a kill I have a nice animation of my pilot sipping a martini. (LOL)
  • lava lamp in my cockpit
  • Someone mentioned a radio to play your own music while Ingame (a bit like GTA III)
I am for the success of the devs so that they keep delivering a successful game, that is free to play and generates enough revenue to add amazing features in due course.
NEVER should there be the possibility to pay for more power/better guns/etc. in short: for any advantages in the game. That should be handled strict via the Points system.
But as long as we can have some cosmetic extras, like the fuzzy dice, a picture or a hula girl on the dashboard and maybe a clan sign on the outside of the mech, the community identifies even stronger with the game and can happily prosper until the end of time ^_^ .
A win win situation for the devs and the community as long as the game itself doesn't suffer.

P.S.:Reg. that turret sight and rocket camera: You'd really find time throughout that chaos of a fight to use such features_
I'd say you're probably dead before you switched back to cockpit view :P

Like this thread, the OP or this post, so that the devs will notice!

*EDIT: Read and like this thread, too http://community.pla...mization-ideas/

Edited by Godsend, October 02 2012 - 01:50 PM.

Posted Image

“Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects.”
― Roger Zelany

"Where is the HRRRRRNNNN ship_"

― ShavenSatan

#66 DER3Z

DER3Z

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationCleveland,Ohio

Posted October 02 2012 - 02:40 PM

hahaha that would be sick! love a air freshner in my cockpit!

The sole survivor of BSB

Twitching channel

http://www.twitch.tv...eel_brotherhood

Star citizen

https://robertsspace...m/orgs/STARWIND

#67 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted January 26 2013 - 09:39 AM

This right now, needs to be in Hawken. Bringing this thread back!
Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#68 Hirito

Hirito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 04:55 PM

That's something that I just might actually pay money for. At least I would see what I've paid for. (not like the outside where only others see)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users