HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Saturnine's Guide to the Classes *UPDATED for March Patch*

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted March 22 2014 - 03:35 PM

@Saturnine
Spoiler

Posted Image

#122 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted March 22 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostTheVulong, on March 22 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

@Saturnine
Spoiler

Houruck is co-leader with me. :)

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#123 VocalMagic

VocalMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted March 24 2014 - 05:58 AM

View PostSaturnine, on June 04 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

If you like the Incinerator:

Grenadier: The Grenadier shares many things with the Incinerator, though the Grenadier is much more directly an offensive, rather than supporting mech. The Grenadier obviously has several grenade-type weapons, which will be pretty familiar to you if you are coming from the Incinerator, and is a C class, though is markedly slower than the Infiltrator. While the differences are important, the transition should be smooth.

"The Grenadier obviously has several grenade-type weapons, which will be pretty familiar to you if you are coming from the Incinerator, and is a C class, though is markedly slower than the Infiltrator. "

..."Infiltrator"_ Is this intended, or is it supposed to be "Incinerator" again_

I'll try shouting it again today: "Saturnine! Saturnine! Stop the spam, Saturnine!"

_, ,_ ∩ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
( ゚∀゚)彡 S9!S9!▒▒▒
 ⊂彡▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

#124 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted March 24 2014 - 07:11 AM

Woops. Fixed that on the Steam version but not here, just a moment.

Posted Image

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#125 AWXthrones

AWXthrones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 08:17 PM

Another typo:

View PostSaturnine, on June 04 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Ability: The Incinerators ability is the only directly offensive one in the game. While other mechs have abilities that may augment their ability to damage their opponents, the Infiltrator's ability directly damages enemy mechs when used, and like everything else about it, this ability is more powerful depending on how much heat you have...

Other than that, keep up the good work!

#126 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostAWXthrones, on March 25 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

Another typo:
-snip-

Fixed! Thanks. :)

Weapons: The Infiltrators default primary is the Assault Rifle, which you are probably familiar with, though you may find its use to be at odds with the Infiltrators secondary, the Grenade Launcher. Because the GLs grenades travel in an arc, you generally have to aim above, or lead your target in order to hit them, which means you aren't aiming directly at them to hit with the Assault Rifle. However, the ease of use and strength of the Assault Rifle means you may still find you prefer the AR on your infiltrator. From here, the other options are more difficult to use, though their strength and versatility may well prove worthwhile once the learning curve is overcome. The alternate primary for the infiltrator is the Heat Cannon, which, with practice, can deal some great damage, and even has a small damage radius to deal damage on near misses. The prestige primary is the EOC Repeater, which for a long time has been famous for how difficult it is to use properly, but once learned the damage potential is enormous. Finally, the Grenade Launcher is the Infiltrators secondary weapon. Using this you can hit enemies just out of sight with solid damage.

Edited by Saturnine, April 06 2014 - 08:11 AM.

Posted Image

#127 Truupr

Truupr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 04:14 AM

Hello,

Cant find where post it.....

When im using advanced armor fusor.... get one kill or 2 assist its reconstruct your armor....when i get 2x or more kills its not there total reconstruct rate..

#128 Sadistic_Dentist

Sadistic_Dentist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPoland/Polska

Posted April 27 2014 - 08:39 AM

Great guide, but it would be also very nice to add optimal builds :)
WoT: P2W, NEVER MOOOOREEEE!!!
WT: Nice game, tanks finally implemented!
MWO: P2W, movement is fuzzybunnied up
HAWKEN: Great game, but crashes sometimes

#129 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted April 27 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostSadistic_Dentist, on April 27 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Great guide, but it would be also very nice to add optimal builds :)

What is 'optimal' changes all the time and depends highly on personal preference. I just wanted to give people as much information as I could so that they could figure what kind of mech they want to play and works for their preferences.

Posted Image

#130 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted May 06 2014 - 10:41 AM

Alright, the guide has been mostly updated to be completely up to date. The only thing I know to still be missing is the information on the G2 Raider, and I should have that before too long.

Posted Image

#131 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted May 06 2014 - 11:13 AM

Woah! A totally awesome and amazing person by the name of Wraithknight went through the guide and fixed a bunch of the minor grammatical problems and such that littered the guide. For those unaware - if you put the guide into a word document, that's a 38 page document, and Wraith went through and fixed all these minor problems that have eluded me since its creation.

So please show Wraithknight some love for doing all this work! It's very much appreciated on my end, and I think they deserve a ton of respect for doing this.

Posted Image

#132 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted May 23 2014 - 03:44 PM

i haunt the Introductions forum. thanks to you i can provide new folks with darn good link for chosing mechs and a good beginning experience with Hawken!

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#133 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted Today, 10:32 AM

AMERICA
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play