HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Saturnine's Guide to the Classes *UPDATED for March Patch*

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#81 ArccBR

ArccBR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationBrazil (-3 GMT)

Posted September 26 2013 - 09:38 AM

Saturnine, on August 05 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Also, I think it'd be really cool if we were able to use footage/have narration from/idunno from community members who are especially renowned for their skill in a given class, or are just known to use it particularly often.

Xacius and his Scout_

Posted Image

Digital Revolution Clan Member [.:DRev:.]

Join the Revolution HERE!

#82 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted September 26 2013 - 09:44 AM

ArccBR, on September 26 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Saturnine, on August 05 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Also, I think it'd be really cool if we were able to use footage/have narration from/idunno from community members who are especially renowned for their skill in a given class, or are just known to use it particularly often.

Xacius and his Scout_

That's one potential example, yes. I just worry about being able to get good footage that is helpful, and doesn't just clutter the thread up.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#83 ArccBR

ArccBR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:42 AM

I have an average PC, if you need help, you can call me. Besides, good work with the thread, helped me out.

Posted Image

#84 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted October 04 2013 - 10:01 PM

I have 1080p recording capabilities.  If Saturnine crafts up a script, I'll follow it and give in-depth examples.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#85 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted October 18 2013 - 06:17 PM

Xacius, on October 04 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

I have 1080p recording capabilities.  If Saturnine crafts up a script, I'll follow it and give in-depth examples.

*whistles*
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#86 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted October 18 2013 - 07:38 PM

If I knew where I would begin to write for such a script, I would. But alas, I don't currently think I know what I would write for any such script, necessarily, and certainly not for every class to make the videos different enough to be truly worthwhile, without treading over the same ground over and over, and isn't covered more simply in the text descriptions for each mech. It's something I would love to do, absolutely, but I don't know where to begin, and I don't think I would have the time to do the necessary requisite research considering how silly classes have been lately.

I would certainly love to be proven wrong, though. :P

Edited by Saturnine, October 18 2013 - 07:38 PM.

Posted Image

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#87 ArccBR

ArccBR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted November 06 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hey Saturnine, will you update with the Pred's info_

Posted Image

#88 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted November 06 2013 - 11:02 AM

I will! As soon as I feel like I have a solid enough understanding of the mech and how it all works out

Posted Image

#89 ArccBR

ArccBR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted November 06 2013 - 11:39 AM

Saturnine, on November 06 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

I will! As soon as I feel like I have a solid enough understanding of the mech and how it all works out

Good to know. I always like to read your comments and thoughts on the mechs, it helps me to keep up some nice plays, and grasp both the basic and advanced tatics on it. Kudos.

Posted Image

#90 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 08 2013 - 11:47 AM

Most important will be the info for when not to go all pred. :P
Will replenisher work with it_ ;D
How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#91 Sapp

Sapp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationKangasala, Finland

Posted November 19 2013 - 11:30 AM

Awesome, took some hints and ended up as the MVP in the next match :D

Thanks alot!

Posted Image

#92 halfcha0s

halfcha0s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted November 28 2013 - 06:42 AM

This isn't a guide. This is a description.
Thanks for telling me what I already know.

#93 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted November 28 2013 - 09:18 AM

You're very welcome! I'm glad that my guide for new players is helping the experienced players at least as much. :)

Posted Image

#94 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted December 01 2013 - 11:14 AM

Alright, I've finally updated the guide for the Predator! The weapon section also has the new weapons in it. As always, if you notice any problems or have any suggestions, let me know so I can implement them! Also, the Infiltrator section was updated to reflect the fuel cost change for the ability. If you don't want to go find the Predator section yourself, here it is.

Predator

Overview: The Predator was introduced to Hawken in the Invasion patch, and it's role on the battlefield is something like a bigger Infiltrator. It has a stronger invisibility ability than the Infiltrator that allows it to stay invisible indefinitely, however the Predator can not use fuel at any point, or it loses the cloak. The Predator has a few weapons built to fit it's name, and it's primary role is that of an ambusher, sneaking up on unsuspecting enemies or laying traps at likely avenues of approach is the name of the game for the Predator, and it can deal out massive damage if an enemy falls for a fully laid trap. Be careful not to spend all your time in hiding or laying traps though; at best you'll generally end up at the bottom of the scoreboard, at worst you end up a drag on your team. Think TF2 with spies using the cloak and dagger - it sounds great to be invisible all the time at first, but in the end you just wind up sitting around invisible, not helping your team.

Weapons: The Predator comes with two brand new weapons and two familiar ones. The Breacher is the default primary on the Predator, and is something like a cross between the Flak Cannon and the Slug Rifle. Uncharged, the Breacher fires a flak shot that does very good damage, but has somewhat worse range than a regular flak cannon. Fully charged, the 'nails' tighten up into a full spike, and fire with great accuracy at long range, dealing slightly less damage. This charged shot is also able to pierce mechs and hit anything behind them, as well as pierce shields, hence the name of the gun. The alternate primary for the Predator is the T32 Bolt, also found on the Raider. The T32 is a very interesting weapon, allowing uncharged shots for less damage at a greater fire rate, or fully charged ones doing significantly more damage, just more slowly. Interesting gun with a similar idea as the Breacher, though remember there is no true long range option with the Bolt. The prestige primary on the Predator is the EOC Repeater, which is also the prestige on several other mechs. This weapon goes well with the EOC Predator, as you can use both to lay mines in a trap, though be careful, as the Repeater is a difficult weapon to get used to, so take some time learning how to use it. Finally, the EOC Predator is the Predator's secondary weapon. Much like the EOC Repeater, it fires explosive pucks that can either hit opponents directly for damage, or be layed on the ground as a trap. Unlike the Repeater, however, the Predator only fires one puck at a time, though at fairly fast pace. For more information on the EOC Predator, check out it's section in the weapons guide.

Ability: The Predator's ability is comparable to the Infiltrators, you turn invisible, and depending on the situation, when you exit invisibility the ability cooldown is very short, and you can go invisible right away again. If you shoot while invisible however, the cooldown is much longer. The Predator also has the added bonus of seeing in "Predator vision" while invisible, as the world goes into grey-scale, enemy and friendly mechs are highlighted in your vision, even through walls and other cover. However, the vision radius is much smaller than normal, and navigating in the grey world is somewhat more difficult. The Predator's invisibility does have a few downsides that the Infiltrators does not. For one, you cannot use any fuel whatsoever while in Predator mode. This means no boosting, dodging, or jumping, or you lose the invisibility. As well, if you are damaged in any way while invisible, you lose the invisibility. Great for setting traps or sneaking up on enemies, but not as useful for trying to get the upper hand while in a fight.

Tuning: The Predator has the following Tuning Systems available: Boost Thrusters, Hydraulics, Generator and Radar. These tuning options allow the Predator to navigate the battlefield quickly to find the best spots for traps, especially when used in conjunction with the Radar tuning, which will help you spot enemies and plan the best places to lay mine traps. Hydraulics in particular is very useful to max out, as many Predators will spend a lot of time invisible, and since you can't boost while invisible, maxing out your walk speed is quite useful. Meanwhile, putting points into Radar helps spot opponents, and points in Boost Thrusters and Generator will help you make your escape, or survive a fight longer when you no longer find yourself invisible.

Base Stats:
Weapons Loader: 10
Heatsinks: 84%
Armor: 750
Air Dynamics: 2
Boost Thrusters: 28.08 m/s
Cooling Units: 8.75 seconds
Fuel Tank: 99 litres
Generator: 9 l/s
Hydraulics: 15 m/s
Radar: 105 meters
Suspensions: 1.5 seconds

If you like the Predator:
Raider: The Raider shares a few of the same weapons with the Predator: The T32 Bolt and the EOC Repeater, and while they both specialize in catching enemies unaware, Raider does it through pure speed while Predator does it through subterfuge. There are quite a few similarities here, so if you like one, go ahead and try out the other.
Infiltrator: The Infiltrator can go invisible as well, and shares the EOC Repeater, so if you like the ability to go invisible, but maybe you want to actually boost around instead of walking anywhere you go, give the Infiltrator a try.

Posted Image

#95 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 01 2013 - 01:36 PM

sat the mine laying capability's  of it are amazing at MA, when you find the spot on the silo you'll know what i mean ;)
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#96 eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationEast

Posted December 01 2013 - 02:45 PM

But the font...
And the text size...
It... keeps... changing!

OH, THE HUMANITY!
[My MMR]
[Who is streaming HAWKEN right now_]
[Hawken Wishlist 2014.09.11]:
Spoiler

#97 TheEliteSlayer

TheEliteSlayer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted January 22 2014 - 10:19 AM

Game play of the predator changes on the game type:
MA - Since there are 3 points of interest making traps are excellent because most of the time there is at least one vacant silo that you have enough time to make traps.

Seige - Kind of a mix of trap laying and flanking, although you usually do not have the time to make a trap or if you do it is made pointless with the amount of spam fire of explosives. I go for the flanking and get good results. As for covering flank points, turrets or portable scanner are far more efficent.

TDM - Pretty much the garbage collector, taking out the refuse that fluttered away from the battle.

Weapons:
Breacher has its uses but lacks the range of the uncharged or damage for how long it takes to charge the weapon, higher levels of play nullify the piercing multiple enemies. (the audio on charge is fcking loud as in the enemy can easily hear it)  *I have been practicing with this as of late and had to change my play-style in order to effectively use this and have had better results then with the T-32 especially with higher skilled players.*

T-32 bolt is my go to because it has the balance of uncharged attack speed and damage vs the charge time for charged shot. Although lacks on range if they survive.

EOC repeater does compliment the secondary but they will explode your secondary mines if they are close enough, IMO this is better suited on other mechs, as the heat generation of the EOC repeater and EOC predator is massive and if you lack precise aim and cannot hit with all your shots you will end up not being able to finish people off because of overheat.

Edit* Breacher

Edited by TheEliteSlayer, January 28 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#98 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 08:22 AM

As a quick note, I'll be updating this as soon as I can, once we have the mech stats planned for release today. This means that the tuning sections will mostly go the way of the dodo, and we'll only have the base stats for each mech remaining. This makes my job a bit easier! However, if you believe that any part of the tuning sections on any of the mechs should remain, (apart from the explanation on what they are as a whole) speak now or forever hold your peace!

Posted Image

#99 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 09:45 AM

I'll be keeping a section detailing each mechs individual stats. You're right, tuning is staying, just going under the hood. I'll just be removing the bits that say what you can tune and how you should tune it.

And yes! They'll tell us how they've tuned each mech, and in fact as I understand it they'll be releasing those stats today on the news sometime! That's actually what prompted me to start getting ready.

Edit: While we don't have the numbers yet, I've made some minor changes to the tuning description to prepare for the changes coming up.

Edited by Saturnine, February 03 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Posted Image

#100 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:17 PM

Alright, all stats updated! If you notice any problems, please let me know. So basically, what has been changed is that each mech's individual tuning section is gone, and the 'base stats' sections are replaces with plain ole' stats sections. Here's the list of stats for each mech.

CR-T Recruit/Assault

Stats:

Armor: 500
Fuel Tank: 102 liters
Boost Speed: 28.44 m/s
Fuel Regen: 11.10 l/s
Run Speed: 15.5 m/s
Air Speed: 25 m/s
Radar: 113 meters
Cooling Systems: 3.75 seconds
Dodge Cooldown: 1.2 seconds

A Classes

A class chassis mechs are the lightest and fastest in the game, but the most fragile.

A class mechs are the most popular in the game at present.

Berserker

Stats:

Armor: 350
Fuel Tank: 92 liters
Boost Speed: 33.12 m/s
Fuel Regen: 9.62 l/s
Run Speed: 17 m/s
Air Speed: 42 m/s
Cooling Systems: 5 seconds
Dodge Cooldown: 1 second

Infiltrator

Stats:

Armor: 315
Fuel Tank: 106 liters
Boost Speed: 35.28 m/s
Fuel Regen: 9.99 l/s
Run Speed: 17.5 m/s
Air Speed: 30 m/s
Radar: 120 meters
Cooling Systems: 4.75 seconds

Reaper

Stats:

Armor: 335
Fuel Tank: 80 Liters
Boost Speed: 32.4 m/s
Fuel Regen: 13.32 l/s
Run Speed: 18.5 m/s
Air Speed: 28 m/s
Radar: 135 meters

Scout

Stats:

Armor: 305
Fuel Tank: 74 liters
Boost Speed: 37.80 m/s
Fuel Regen: 8.14 l/s
Run Speed: 20.5 m/s
Air Speed: 27 m/s
Radar: 165 meters
Cooling Systems: 4.50 seconds

Technician

Stats:

Armor: 300
Fuel Tank: 100 liters
Boost Speed: 31.68 m/s
Fuel Regen: 10.36 l/s
Run Speed: 21.5 m/s
Air Speed: 27 m/s
Cooling Systems: 4.25 seconds

B classes

B classes are right in the middle of the road. Average speed, average EU capacity, average health.

Assault

Stats:

Armor: 550
Fuel Tank: 94 liters
Boost Speed: 29.52 m/s
Run Speed: 16 m/s
Air Speed: 29 m/s
Radar: 90 meters
Cooling Systems: 5.50 seconds

Bruiser

Stats:

Armor: 530
Fuel Tank: 106 liters
Boost Speed: 27.72 m/s
Fuel Regen: 9.25 l/s
Run Speed: 15.25 m/s
Air Speed: 34 m/s
Radar: 98 meters
Cooling Systems: 5.25 seconds

Raider

Stats:

Armor: 455
Fuel Tank: 88 liters
Boost Speed: 32.4 m/s
Fuel Regen: 9.99 l/s
Run Speed: 17 m/s
Air Speed: 28 m/s
Cooling Systems: 4 seconds

Sharpshooter

Stats:

Armor: 445
Fuel Tank: 102 liters
Boost Speed: 29.16 m/s
Fuel Regen: 11.47 l/s
Run Speed: 15.75 m/s
Radar: 135 meters

Predator

Stats:

Armor: 485
Fuel Tank: 96 liters
Boost Speed: 30.24 m/s
Run Speed: 16.5 m/s
Air Speed: 26 m/s
Radar: 128 meters
Cooling Systems: 4.5 seconds

C Classes

C classes are at the ‘fat’ end in Hawken. Commonly collectively referred to as ‘fatties’ these mechs have the lowest speed and maneuverability, but they gain toughness in return. C classes as a whole may be hard to get used to, especially as compared to A classes, but if you put the time in, you may find you are one of those pilots who finds that C classes are the choice for you.

Brawler

Stats:

Armor: 750
Fuel Tank: 130 liters
Boost Speed: 21.6 m/s
Fuel Regen: 8.51 l/s
Run Speed: 12 m/s
Air Speed: 22 m/s
Radar: 98 meters
Cooling Systems: 5.75 seconds
Dodge Cooldown: 1.4 seconds

Grenadier

Stats:

Armor: 690
Fuel Tank: 92 liters
Boost Speed: 24.12 m/s
Run Speed: 14 m/s
Air Speed: 23 m/s
Cooling Systems: 4 seconds

Rocketeer

Stats:

Armor: 675
Fuel Tank: 110 liters
Boost Speed: 23.76 m/s
Run Speed: 13.5 m/s
Cooling Systems: 5.5 seconds

Vanguard Cupcake

Stats:

Armor: 635
Fuel Tank: 78 liters
Boost Speed: 28.08 m/s
Fuel Regen: 11.84 l/s
Run Speed: 15 m/s
Air Speed: 25 m/s
Cooling Systems: 4.25 seconds

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users