HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Get rid of the technician class. It's a bad addition

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted September 04 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostUmbre, on September 03 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

View PostJaken, on September 03 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

Here's hoping the new patch addresses those issues, otherwise this veteran player will be finding a new game to play.

As far as I know, they changed absolutely nothing about the Tech with the exception of what categories it has for tuning.

Not sure if I'm reading into their description of the tech_  Maybe it's the same/current one_  Considering it's usually healing a C or sometimes a B class, don't think keeping pace is an issue...  "vulnerable" to ambushes sounds promising_  Maybe the tech has a pool of health he can replenish and has to go back to top off his health gun_  This would make use of his speed and prevent him from camping out w/ a heavy.  

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Technician[/font]
  • A Light Support Mech used to repair allies. Its quick movement lets it keep pace with allies, but becomes vulnerable to ambushes once that speed is exhausted.

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#62 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted September 04 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostDFTR, on September 04 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

View PostUmbre, on September 03 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

View PostJaken, on September 03 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

Here's hoping the new patch addresses those issues, otherwise this veteran player will be finding a new game to play.

As far as I know, they changed absolutely nothing about the Tech with the exception of what categories it has for tuning.

Not sure if I'm reading into their description of the tech_  Maybe it's the same/current one_  Considering it's usually healing a C or sometimes a B class, don't think keeping pace is an issue...  "vulnerable" to ambushes sounds promising_  Maybe the tech has a pool of health he can replenish and has to go back to top off his health gun_  This would make use of his speed and prevent him from camping out w/ a heavy.  

Technician
  • A Light Support Mech used to repair allies. Its quick movement lets it keep pace with allies, but becomes vulnerable to ambushes once that speed is exhausted.
Yeah. That's the sort of hype nonsense lore that they make up to sound fancy, usually having little to no congruence with reality.
I mean, when you think about it, isn't every single mech in the game "vulnerable to ambushes" when you can no longer boost_

And they (hopefully) wouldn't be so thoughtless as to leave actual alterations to the mechanics of how a mech works without documenting it in the patch notes.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#63 GodsHolyMember

GodsHolyMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'm concerned about how all of the mechs seemed to be getting pigeon-holed.  Notice how the Grenadier is the only C-Class to miss out on boost-tuning and aerodynamics tuning options in favor of radar-range and better walk-speed.

They're taking my Granny out of CQB in favor of putting their stupid Cupcake in as pinch-hitter.

Anyway...I'm curious to see how the new internals and items balance now that we all use the Slot-System.  This is going to get ugly given all of the gear that lets your armor regenerate 25% of total after each kill in 10sec or the gear that lets your items/ability recharge 6-seconds sooner after every kill.  It's basically going to give a major reward to people who are good at alpha strikes and kill-streaks by reducing their down-time and decreasing the likelihood that they will be caught at low health shortly after a 1v1.

Hows this for an OP config_
Alpha Striker
Spoiler
Next, Technicians are going to get even more annoying
Technician (troll) config
Spoiler
I weep for the future
Posted Image

Given all of the assists that Technicians rack up during a match, a Replenisher and an Armor Fusor alike will keep items refreshing faster and armor regenerating constantly...toss in the Evasive device when you try to squish one of these buggers and watch the party truly begin

Edited by GodsHolyMember, September 04 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#64 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted September 08 2013 - 02:05 PM

The Technician needs to re-worked. There should be more skill required than just latching on to a friendly or an enemy to survive in this game. While I've enjoyed the support of some good techs (saved my bacon many a times) I still have a problem with the sticky beam.  It is a bad design for this game.

I don't think I need to elaborate. There is already a lot of discussion on the forum relating to this subject. I'll just say that every mech in the game should be designed to require a certain level of skill on the pilot's part. The Technician does not - with all due respect to the guys and gals who pilot them.

BTW, I've got multiple techs in my inventory due to HC from NVIDIA with tech as a bonus. I played the tech a couple of games after some players started to complain just to see what all the fuss was about. I do understand the negative view of the tech and I no longer play it on principle.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users