HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Heatsink Update: Patch Notes

Game Patch

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#181 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIN A DUEL HAHAHAHA

Posted June 23 2013 - 04:58 AM

Well done... now is the technician a *** helix repair touch is a.... guys... the other are not ok...

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to beat me, just do it.

#182 BradersVal

BradersVal

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationCheshire

Posted June 23 2013 - 10:43 PM

Overall, the patch wasn't too bad. I've found myself overheating alot less during 'normal' play, and only overheated when i would say I've pushed it a little too far.

The Tech nerf was definately the right way to go. Techs are a lot less of the 'damage sponges' they used to be.

The one thing i can't get my head around is the reasoning behind the HEAT cannon nerf. It was already a complex weapon that rewarded players for correct use and severely punished those that treated it like any other weapon. Pre-nerf; it added a layer of complexity and utility to combat that other weapons couldn't muster. Post-nerf; the HEAT cannon fails to even come close to other weapon choices: The Flak out-classes it in mid to close range with its simple 'click-to-fire' mechanics and high dps and lack of self damage to worry about. The EOC out strips it in every way possible with its mine laying mechanic and high dps and relatively low heat generation. Yes, it does have the same charge mechanic, however, the mines do not fail to lay if the weapon was not fully charged unlike the HEAT's explosive component. Couple that with the extreme amount of area denial that this weapon has, and the EOC is the obvious choice.

The HEAT just seems to be a very obscure target for a nerf, when weapons like the slug rifle apparently warrented a next-to-no heat generation buff and shields are still extremely broken.
Posted Image

#183 Rahh_Vende

Rahh_Vende

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationPirun rantasaunassa Tuonenvirran varrella, ylimmillä lauteilla. Alasti prkl!

Posted June 23 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostTimerider, on June 22 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

I was overheating a lot with the Technician before. So less weapon heat there is good.

Helix Repair Torch
  • Decreased self-repair rate by 25%.
  • Decreased Amplified self-repair rate by 30%.

But that doesn't help. You could have at least also reduced the heat generation while in deconstruct mode, Or make it generate no heat for the duration of the Amplified ability.

And who actually uses the Redox-O2_ Seems like that needs more than just a heat buff.

Edit: Just played with the patch. I still think it's a little much. My suggestion:

Helix Repair Torch
  • Decreased self-repair rate by 15%.
  • Decreased Amplified self-repair rate by 25%.
  • Increase deconstructor damage by 5%
Yes, this is the usual... Why don't we give the tech, say, EOC for prestige.._ It's not like people think it's a damn rambomachine as it is. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good tech players out there. BUT for every one of 'em there are two that ought to be taken behind the cattle shed and shot in the gut. And those guys need no love. As someone put it somewhere, just because you CAN play vampire tech doesn't mean you SHOULD. And buffing decon/vamp beam would just hearten people to do exactly that.

For all you who go like 'Redox-02_ Hurrr-hurr what is that_' just try it. Your team-mates can do amazing things when backed by Redo. Also I'm not sure, but it seems to me that the debuff effect also applies to battleship_ (Anyone know for sure_)
Plus when you get the hang of it Redox is way better than Ripper any day of the week if you insist on "playing offensive tech".

For the end I have to say, that I play Vampire Tech myself, WHEN I play tech. And since I got the awards for it, I don't play tech anymore..:D
Posted Image

#184 GerryP

GerryP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted June 25 2013 - 11:36 AM

Decreased rate of fire means that it fires more rounds or less_  for me it sounds like that it will fire less times but I see that some people are saying it got better so...  which one is it_  

Snipers seem a little pointless in this game as you cannot kill any mech with one shot.  After you hit a mech 4 times they just hide behind a rock, you gave up your position and lose the kill...

#185 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted June 25 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostGerryP, on June 25 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Decreased rate of fire means that it fires more rounds or less_  for me it sounds like that it will fire less times but I see that some people are saying it got better so...  which one is it_

Less, it's a nerf.

View PostGerryP, on June 25 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Snipers seem a little pointless in this game as you cannot kill any mech with one shot.  After you hit a mech 4 times they just hide behind a rock, you gave up your position and lose the kill...

If you could kill a mech in one shot this game would be nothing but Sharpshooters using long range weapons as an instakill shotgun.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#186 Rabid_Peanut_Butter

Rabid_Peanut_Butter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 09:08 AM

So pre-patch, as a Technician, if I found myself separated from my team and up against another mech (A or B) solo, I could usually squeeze out a victory maybe 70% of the time using smart tactics (dodging around corners, using cover, using items, etc).

Now I see this it not the case.  It seems I just can't do enough damage before dying.  I only win maybe 15% of the time now.  I don't know if this is due to the heat generation change (enemies can fire more), or the buff that most other weapons received.

Not complaining, since this might be the way they want it, but I figured I'd note my experience anyway.

Edited by Rabid_Peanut_Butter, June 26 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#187 Azrael39

Azrael39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 02:26 PM

Wow great job balancing your game.  Hawken is back to being fun again.  And I'm back to playing it and having fun.  Great job on balancing the weapons.
Sharpshooter lvl 25, Berserker lvl 25, Scout lvl 25, Bruiser lvl 25, CRT lvl 25, Brawler lvl 25, Infiltrator lvl 25, Reaper lvl 25, Rocketeer lvl 25, Raider lvl 25, Technician lvl 25, Grenadier lvl 25, Assault lvl 25

Good luck and have fun see you on the Battlefields!

#188 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted June 26 2013 - 06:51 PM

I don't if someone already said this, but does anyone think the reason why the tech is missing a prestige weapon is because the new mech coming out has a new gun and that is the tech's prestige weapon; just like what they did for the Sharpshooter and the Reaper's AM-Sar_

#189 Lord_Trent_Kellan

Lord_Trent_Kellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted June 28 2013 - 03:58 PM

Scapes, on June 18 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

CORRECTION: The Heat Cannon and Slug Rifle rate of fire has been decreased, not increased.

Additionally, the Heat Cannon charged direct hit damage was decreased, not increased.

NOW it makes sense.

#190 ElucidExcaliber7

ElucidExcaliber7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 11:24 AM

how do i turn the helix repair torch to offensive mode___

#191 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 02 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostElucidExcaliber7, on July 02 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Middle click.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#192 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted July 02 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostAshfire908, on July 02 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

View PostElucidExcaliber7, on July 02 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Middle click.

Why would you tell anyone that Ash...

*slaps with newspaper*

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#193 emerson1452

emerson1452

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 10 2013 - 04:14 PM

Tem patch pra download_minha internet é muito devagar entaum queria baixar o patch

#194 Blizzard_two

Blizzard_two

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 11 2013 - 05:43 PM

The developers REALLY need to make a version for Mac Computers.

#195 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted July 11 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostBlizzard_two, on July 11 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

The developers REALLY need to make a version for Mac Computers.

that is REALLY hard to do.

Posted Image

#196 Blingchicken

Blingchicken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationThe Pit of Despair!

Posted July 12 2013 - 07:13 AM

Holy Cow!  Guns are going to be blazing a whole lot longer.  And I will be dying a whole lot faster.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users