HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A clan fit for a girl_

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Kamikaze

Kamikaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted September 20 2012 - 11:15 AM

So.. I've played many MMOs and FPSs but no Mech games before.. i'm kind of excited but I have no idea what I'll be doing.. is there a clan out there to take me under their wing_

Maybe one that's not so cocky and judgmental.. Hearing 'why aren't you in the kitchen' is kinda getting old and also never was funny.

#2 Skalashnikov

Skalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 11:24 AM

There are a lot of clans currently accepting people, just read the threads and see the one that fits you. Dont expect someone to answer your call.

Also, I dont know why a clan wouldnt accept a girl, we are all gamers afterall, theres no gender in that.

#3 Kamikaze

Kamikaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted September 20 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostSkalashnikov, on September 20 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

There are a lot of clans currently accepting people, just read the threads and see the one that fits you. Dont expect someone to answer your call.

Also, I dont know why a clan wouldnt accept a girl, we are all gamers afterall, theres no gender in that.

Trust me.. girl gamers have come a long way.. but there's still quite a few that are judgemental towards us.

#4 Alpine

Alpine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted September 20 2012 - 11:32 AM

Well that's complete bull. I don't see a reason why people should be judgmental about girl gamers. I bet that you will be at least two times better than any person who told you to go back in the kitchen.
I don't make mistakes. I take advantage of the ones other people make.

#5 Vilyria

Vilyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted September 20 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostKamikaze, on September 20 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Trust me.. girl gamers have come a long way.. but there's still quite a few that are judgemental towards us.

Hmm.... Well you kinda draw the line there by yourself.

Posted Image

My blog-> MELODIC-MISSILES

#6 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 20 2012 - 11:37 AM

If this is how you present yourself, I see why.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#7 Skalashnikov

Skalashnikov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 11:37 AM

Well, good luck finding a clan. I dont think the gender will be a problem

#8 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted September 20 2012 - 11:38 AM

The topic is silly, if anyone is truly sexist, there's no reason to be around them. Generally the kitchen joke is made sarcastically anyway, I don't often run into TRUE sexism/racism, only people who ridicule it.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#9 NiHiL8

NiHiL8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted September 20 2012 - 11:56 AM

The clans that ridicule it are the eSports/CAL rated clans, but personally, I think they are all too cocky for their own good. A public clan on the other hand, will have a different type of mentality all together.
ASUS P8Z77-V
Core i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHz
Zalman LQ-320 (Push/Pull)
16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 @ 1866 MHz
Gigabyte GTX 670 OC WindForce

#10 Wubbles

Wubbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 05:12 PM

Not all of our clan are planning to play HAWKEN but you can join us if you want, were not judgemental and were a skilled set of players. We also play other games, just a community of gamers! PM if you want our TS3 info.
Wubbles | Clan Aurora

#11 Dr_Death

Dr_Death

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 05:28 PM

yea K-2 RED FOX clan will take you

#12 YubinTheBunny

YubinTheBunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted September 20 2012 - 06:10 PM

How bout considering Clan Aurora_ ;)

Posted Image

Want to Apply to Phoenix_: http://thephoenixrepublic.com/forums

#13 Halfblud

Halfblud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted September 20 2012 - 06:41 PM

Or DirtNapGaming_ We have an HR section dedicated to dealing with problems, including sexism issues. It's not tolerated among us and we have banned in the past for it.

#14 Envarist

Envarist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 20 2012 - 06:49 PM

I'm a female gamer, have been for many years. Never had a single issue with gender disparity from other gamers. To my experience, the only thing fellow gamers care about is your aptitude in the game, not what body parts you have.

#15 Vilyria

Vilyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted September 20 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostEnvarist, on September 20 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

I'm a female gamer, have been for many years. Never had a single issue with gender disparity from other gamers. To my experience, the only thing fellow gamers care about is your aptitude in the game, not what body parts you have.

I haven't never faced anything like that either. Maybe this girl has had some bad luck with company.

Posted Image

#16 Envarist

Envarist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 20 2012 - 06:56 PM

For my part, though, I almost never announce in my introductions/first conversations "I'm a girl." All I do is get into the game, and if the question ever comes up directly, then I'll reply.

#17 Vilyria

Vilyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted September 20 2012 - 06:56 PM

Anyway girl. Don't make such a big deal about the gender. You should have browsed the forums to see that these people here are SUPER NICE and I don't think anyone would really turn you down.

Still you should think about joining into FUZZY BUNNIES! Would be epic to have some more of us girls there. ^^

Posted Image

#18 BiO

BiO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTgz, Chis.

Posted September 20 2012 - 07:04 PM

Actually... I think there is more girls than boys in the clan. :o :lol:

Laptop - MSI GT780DX | i7-2630QM | NVIDIA GTX570M 1.5GB GDDR5 | 17.3" FHD 1920x1080 | 8GB DDR3 | 750GB 7200RPM | Windows 7 Home Premium

Posted Image

#19 Kamikaze

Kamikaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted September 20 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hah, I guess there's a ton in CSS and other FPS games then.  I tend to stick to a small group of people because of it most times.

Guess it all depends on the type of game you play.

Thanks so much for the nice comments, I was just unsure since I've never played a game like this before!
EDIT: Mecha type that is..

Edited by Kamikaze, September 20 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#20 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted September 20 2012 - 07:43 PM

No problem, I guarantee that you will find a place to fit in in almost any game, it's all about who you are. There's a group for everyone.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users