HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A clan fit for a girl_

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 mydoom

mydoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted September 24 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostGUEST, on September 22 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

View Postmydoom, on September 20 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

well most girls cause drama from my experience, or are the overly attatched gf type that have to do everything their bfs do... so you cant blame people for not accepting lots of girls in their clans/guilds... that doesnt mean all girls are like that but most are that way

Sounds more like you're the kind of person OP was referring to than the other way around. I think you might need to get out there and meet more people. Like Modnar said - girl gamers are just like guy gamers. They're just people who enjoy playing games.

I used to run a clan for IRL friends, and half the membership was female. Everyone got along fine. It was only when some mouthbreather jumped on and started with the "omg a girl!" that things became awkward.

To OP: Don't look for a clan that's "open to girls." Just look for a clan. If they look like a bunch of sexist twig-heads, revoke your membership. If they look like pretty cool people, then join 'em. The Fuzzy Bunnies guys look pretty cool. Not seen a lot of other clans making waves on this side, though.

i didnt say all girls, i said most are that way, ive seen it happen in a lot of guilds that i have joined. i wont be specific with names or examples but ive seen one girl tear apart an entire team i was on because she was wooing 2 guys on there at once, ive seen the girl that comes on and all the guys start giving her loot bonuses, ranks, etc and she does it to the point where shes literally robbing people for gold, dyes, etc. ive seen the girl that gets on and sits in a private channel with guild leader and the team is gone. ive seen the overly attatched gf type that plays with her bf everyday every second and if another girl joins she gives her the cold shoulder then the guild splits with whose side are you on the guild leaders gf or the other girl...seen too much of it so i just want to avoid the drama. and once again it doesnt mean all are like that just from my experince most tend to fit one of those slots. so save your smart ass remarks and hate toward me for pointing that out somewhere else. i like to play games with people to have fun, i have a gf i love and i play games with her from time to time and im not the "women belong in a kitchen" type that are all over fps shooters, but i cant stand the drama that starts with most girls in guilds and clans

Posted Image

#42 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationThe land of apple pie and toddler pageants.

Posted September 24 2012 - 06:07 PM

Specifically clarifying that you didn't mean "All" but emphasizing that "most" are that way doesn't really help your case, man. I've met a lot of guys that fit pretty awful male stereotypes as well, but I don't go around boasting how I don't want to be around them because most guys think with their e-peens and they only talk about sports or weight lifting. Instead of doing exactly what the OP was afraid of - judging her based on her gender - you consider to be a person who may or may not fit your preconcieved notions.

Edited by GUEST, September 24 2012 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image

#43 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted September 24 2012 - 07:13 PM

Silly discussion, you shouldn't be judging people based on their gender, it's exactly the same as judging them based on their race. Generalizing the people on the internet into negative categories is not very productive, because it's better to know who the positive categories are, so you can gravitate towards them. Focus on obtaining positives rather than avoiding negatives, you'll be happier.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#44 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 25 2012 - 12:28 AM

Go back to the kitchen, Modnar.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#45 BiO

BiO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTgz, Chis.

Posted September 25 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostGanelon, on September 25 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Go back to the kitchen, Modnar.

Posted Image

Laptop - MSI GT780DX | i7-2630QM | NVIDIA GTX570M 1.5GB GDDR5 | 17.3" FHD 1920x1080 | 8GB DDR3 | 750GB 7200RPM | Windows 7 Home Premium

Posted Image

#46 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted September 25 2012 - 12:28 PM

Fine, I was getting rather hungry anyway, maybe I'll make some mexican food.

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#47 Loveless

Loveless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 26 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostModnarSarhp, on September 25 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Why does it have to be Mexican_ You shouldn't be labeling food by it's cultural heritage bro. That's low.

#48 Messatsu

Messatsu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted September 26 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostLoveless, on September 26 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

Why does it have to be Mexican_ You shouldn't be labeling food by it's cultural heritage bro. That's low.

Holy fuzzy bunny! It's so offensive.

Edited by Messatsu, September 26 2012 - 05:04 AM.

#49 GamerzCentral100

GamerzCentral100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostKamikaze, on September 20 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

View PostSkalashnikov, on September 20 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

There are a lot of clans currently accepting people, just read the threads and see the one that fits you. Dont expect someone to answer your call.

Also, I dont know why a clan wouldnt accept a girl, we are all gamers afterall, theres no gender in that.

Trust me.. girl gamers have come a long way.. but there's still quite a few that are judgemental towards us.
Preach! I'm a girl too! I hate it when people are questioning me about how good I am!

#50 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 05:23 AM

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#51 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted September 26 2012 - 09:19 AM

If it helps any, let me be the first to say that I would be more than happy to eat a few Mexicans for you.

Edited by Conquistador, September 26 2012 - 12:22 PM.

Posted Image

#52 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostConquistador, on September 26 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

If it helps any, let me be the first to say that I would be more than happy to eat a few Mexicans for you.
Lol, fine I'll make Filipino food, what do you want from me_ D=

Edited by ModnarSarhp, September 26 2012 - 01:21 PM.

Posted Image

#53 mydoom

mydoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted September 26 2012 - 04:07 PM

Omg filipino food *barf tried it once n never again

Posted Image

#54 mydoom

mydoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted September 26 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostGamerzCentral100, on September 26 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

View PostKamikaze, on September 20 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

View PostSkalashnikov, on September 20 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

There are a lot of clans currently accepting people, just read the threads and see the one that fits you. Dont expect someone to answer your call.

Also, I dont know why a clan wouldnt accept a girl, we are all gamers afterall, theres no gender in that.

Trust me.. girl gamers have come a long way.. but there's still quite a few that are judgemental towards us.
Preach! I'm a girl too! I hate it when people are questioning me about how good I am!
A girl eh_ So are you any good_

Posted Image

#55 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 04:23 PM

In bed_

#56 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 05:00 PM

While running from the cops_

Oh, sorry. i thought we were opening fortune cookies.
Posted Image

#57 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 05:05 PM

Being good in bed while running from the cops_ How does one do that_

#58 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 05:10 PM

By being a bad mother-shut your mouth.
Posted Image

#59 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 05:16 PM

Awesomesauce.

#60 mydoom

mydoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted September 26 2012 - 05:55 PM

the bed comment was unnecissary and rude

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users