HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A clan fit for a girl_

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted September 20 2012 - 08:02 PM

Posted Image
Check out Rule #30.
Posted Image

#22 mydoom

mydoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted September 20 2012 - 10:28 PM

well most girls cause drama from my experience, or are the overly attatched gf type that have to do everything their bfs do... so you cant blame people for not accepting lots of girls in their clans/guilds... that doesnt mean all girls are like that but most are that way

Posted Image

#23 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted September 20 2012 - 10:44 PM

You must not have met very many female gamers/know them in real life.... They are exactly like any other person who plays videogames, it's usually the guys that cause the problems where girls are involved.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#24 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 21 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostBiO, on September 20 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

Actually... I think there is more girls than boys in the clan. :o :lol:

We have 3 girls..... nope, still a sausage fest.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#25 Envarist

Envarist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 21 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostQuanZen, on September 20 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

Posted Image
Check out Rule #30.

We need a Post Your Photo thread... Just to prove you wrong.

#26 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostEnvarist, on September 21 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

Those rules are based on /b/, the "girls" you see on /b/ tend to be traps.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#27 Envarist

Envarist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 21 2012 - 12:54 AM

Hah. I'm Asian; for us, it's usually the guys who make the best gender-traps. Ever seen a J-rock bands_

Edited by Envarist, September 21 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#28 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted September 21 2012 - 12:56 AM

Lol, I don't see many gender traps where I come from, worst that can happen is you'll see a guy with long hair from behind and mistake him for a girl.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#29 Envarist

Envarist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 21 2012 - 01:01 AM

Hehehe, lucky you. Try Google Image searching "Visual Kei" and decide for yourself how good a trap them men are.

#30 russbus

russbus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 01:03 AM

So uh, here's a thing you can get lost in for a little while.
Posted Image

#31 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted September 21 2012 - 04:25 AM

View PostEnvarist, on September 21 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

View PostQuanZen, on September 20 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

Posted Image
Check out Rule #30.

You do know it's a joke right. Those rules have been around since the 90's and have always me laugh.
Posted Image

#32 sweetiepie

sweetiepie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted September 21 2012 - 04:41 AM

View Postmydoom, on September 20 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

well most girls cause drama from my experience, or are the overly attatched gf type that have to do everything their bfs do... so you cant blame people for not accepting lots of girls in their clans/guilds... that doesnt mean all girls are like that but most are that way
wow ok

Anyway, to be fair I've also experienced a lot of gender-based harassment in games -- but it's been almost exclusive to Halo multiplayer on the 360, so... you know. That one's kind of a given. But to just reiterate what everyone else has been saying, people seem pretty chill here and I think you'd do just fine browsing through clans and picking which one you like. Don't worry about other people and what they think of you so much.

#33 Spazz

Spazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted September 21 2012 - 12:01 PM

Blood Legion is not racist or sexist. We hate everyone equally. =P Just kidding, good luck with your search. =)

#34 Ender_Wiggin

Ender_Wiggin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 01:59 PM

I had some in my clan a few years back.  Stupid kids under the age of 16 I should never have let in.  I get two good friends of mine to join, both female, and within minutes they started being sarcastic and joking about how these new recruits were girls.  Sarcasm can be fun, but there is a  point when it becomes insulting.  If anything is hurtful to another party, more often than not it's best left unsaid, even if you meant it in good humor.  

The kids who didn't join in on the remarks behaved differently too.  This was an MMO, so I noticed my friends were acting like a charity.  Some free gil (this was Final Fantasy XI,) lots of equipment, constantly asking them if they needed help, and even when they said no following them around, constantly casting cure spells.

Needless to say my friends ditched the clan because they didn't want special treatment.  They're like me.  They want to be challenged in a game, not spoon-fed the game experience.  Caused me to dismiss the problem members and restart the group with a completely different mentality.  Unfortunately running MMO guilds in the newer games that doesn't spoon-feed players is proving something of a hassle.  Whatever happened to actually playing the game_

In any case, I wish you luck in finding a guild.

#35 THJT9

THJT9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 02:00 AM

We at Warrior Nation will happily take you under our wing. Given out size I'm sure we have plenty of other women in our clan, and tbh if someone online is making sexist jokes towards you then they're not really worth knowing. As was said before the only thing that really matters is how good you are, and plenty of women are better than men at games.

#36 Notch

Notch

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 02:14 AM

hello i am gamerz gurlz plz invite me i have fuzzy bunny don't judge ok!_

#37 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 04:18 AM

View PostNotch, on September 22 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

hello i am gamerz gurlz plz invite me i have fuzzy bunny don't judge ok!_

Sums up most MMO's I've played.

#38 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationThe land of apple pie and toddler pageants.

Posted September 22 2012 - 06:46 AM

View Postmydoom, on September 20 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Sounds more like you're the kind of person OP was referring to than the other way around. I think you might need to get out there and meet more people. Like Modnar said - girl gamers are just like guy gamers. They're just people who enjoy playing games.

I used to run a clan for IRL friends, and half the membership was female. Everyone got along fine. It was only when some mouthbreather jumped on and started with the "omg a girl!" that things became awkward.

To OP: Don't look for a clan that's "open to girls." Just look for a clan. If they look like a bunch of sexist twig-heads, revoke your membership. If they look like pretty cool people, then join 'em. The Fuzzy Bunnies guys look pretty cool. Not seen a lot of other clans making waves on this side, though.
Posted Image

#39 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 07:06 AM

Just ignore that guy, typical basement dweller.

#40 Rainier

Rainier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 24 2012 - 05:32 PM

NOT.  Gonna lie... I'm nervous about talking in voice chat, just b/c of anecdotes I've heard on the web.  But, I'm guessing most of that's relegated to games like Halo and Gears.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users