HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

EOC as a Secondary

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted July 13 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on July 13 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostFakeName, on July 13 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Ridiculous you say_ Just normal I say. Yes maybe statistics is the wrong word, I didn't documented it :D but i can say for sure I will never hit an enemy mech in close combat with 6 pucks on DIRECT HITS. I shoot them to the ground so the enemy mech is walking on them (120 damage).
The 10%-15% are just because I flank still standing or repairing mechs.

If outputing 330 damage all at once is normal then I guess we should increase the damage output of other weapons to compensate since that is the norm. I mean in that instance heat scout only does 243 damage with direct hits so we should bring the damage up some. Don't you agree_

You mean Increasing the damage for the HEAT_ Yes I do agree. BTW the Flak Scouts deals 270 dmg at once + the high fire rate of the Flak (math: 2 Flak shots = 240 + one TOW = 150 ; 240 + 150 = 390 dmg ; Why 2 Flak shots_ because the Flak can shoot 2 times while the EOC reloads/charges) so maybe 390 damage. (No, I didn't forget the TOW deals 153 dmg instead of 150 but I used 150 because it's easy to work with).

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#62 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 13 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostFakeName, on July 13 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on July 13 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostFakeName, on July 13 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Ridiculous you say_ Just normal I say. Yes maybe statistics is the wrong word, I didn't documented it :D but i can say for sure I will never hit an enemy mech in close combat with 6 pucks on DIRECT HITS. I shoot them to the ground so the enemy mech is walking on them (120 damage).
The 10%-15% are just because I flank still standing or repairing mechs.

If outputing 330 damage all at once is normal then I guess we should increase the damage output of other weapons to compensate since that is the norm. I mean in that instance heat scout only does 243 damage with direct hits so we should bring the damage up some. Don't you agree_

You mean Increasing the damage for the HEAT_ Yes I do agree. BTW the Flak Scouts deals 270 dmg at once + the high fire rate of the Flak (math: 2 Flak shots = 240 + one TOW = 150 ; 240 + 150 = 390 dmg ; Why 2 Flak shots_ because the Flak can shoot 2 times while the EOC reloads/charges) so maybe 390 damage. (No, I didn't forget the TOW deals 153 dmg instead of 150 but I used 150 because it's easy to work with).

Posted Image

Posted Image

#63 havoc5

havoc5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted July 13 2013 - 10:48 AM

Those numbers only have significance if 2 people are just standing in the open shooting each other, which is never.

#64 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted July 13 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Posthavoc5, on July 13 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Those numbers only have significance if 2 people are just standing in the open shooting each other, which is never.

Just like the EOC hits never with 6 pucks in close combat :D

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#65 Rahh_Vende

Rahh_Vende

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationPirun rantasaunassa Tuonenvirran varrella, ylimmillä lauteilla. Alasti prkl!

Posted July 13 2013 - 11:01 PM

In close combat Flak trumps EOC every time if pilot skill is anywhere near equal.
(note that this is just my opinion formed by seeing what happens in the game from but not limited to my point of view)
Posted Image

#66 Wondrz

Wondrz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted July 14 2013 - 01:30 AM

If EOC gets le nerf, insta heat clicks for me, i only use EOC since its hard to use (I like a challenge) and it has good burst potential and the mines too, i might as well just go heat cannon or scout if EOC gets a nerf.

btw leon and fakename have clouded this thread making it like their own personal conversation about the eoc and flak cannon or + heat to.

Right now i think the EOC is gonna get nerf batted again so im just gonna go heat.
Posted Image

#67 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted July 14 2013 - 01:45 AM

View PostRahh_Vende, on July 13 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

In close combat Flak trumps EOC every time if pilot skill is anywhere near equal.
(note that this is just my opinion formed by seeing what happens in the game from but not limited to my point of view)
Except at close range the EOC's travel time is trivial meaning is has a major damage advantage head to head, plus it doesn't even require you to be in LoS to do decent damage.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#68 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted July 14 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 14 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

...plus it doesn't even require you to be in LoS to do decent damage.

If you step on them (depending how how many pucks you step on) or after 8 seconds.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#69 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted July 14 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostSylhiri, on July 14 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 14 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

...plus it doesn't even require you to be in LoS to do decent damage.
If you step on them (depending how how many pucks you step on) or after 8 seconds.
Which is 100% better than what the Flak is capable of in the same circumstances.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#70 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted July 14 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 14 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Which is 100% better than what the Flak is capable of in the same circumstances.

Then it's entirely dependent on secondaries at that point. Flak fires faster with hitscan then EOC so any fight in LoS is a disadvantage. Mines are entirely dependent on the enemy without LoS, then it becomes a secondary race as both have limited movement. I will say that GL would win though since TOW is less powerful and has less splash radius.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#71 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted July 14 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostSylhiri, on July 14 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Then it's entirely dependent on secondaries at that point.
Except it's not. It's dependant on things like kiting, feinting, positioning, item usage, using delaying tactics so the emphasis is placed on primaries, etc.

Flak fires faster with hitscan then EOC so any fight in LoS is a disadvantage.
And how many fights take place where there's no cover available_

Mines are entirely dependent on the enemy without LoS, then it becomes a secondary race as both have limited movement.
EOC mines allow you to exert direct influence over your enemy and their decisions while out of LoS. The Flak can't do that.

AJK is right

#72 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted July 14 2013 - 01:51 PM

Look...

It's taken me about three-four months to get 'passable' with the EOC.

I can't get six pucks on an enemy in the air.  I can herd them with grenades and pucks... but they're shooting at me while I do.

It doesn't need a nerf.  If you nerf it, I'll lose a LOT of investment in learning how to use it, which will make me sad.

I think you don't want me to follow the mainstream and use a Bezerker or be one of Tech/Brawler.  I'll quit the game before using a Raider.

I'm just getting good-enough with my infil/EOC.  Don't want EOC to be a secondary, I invested the effort to learn it as a primary.  Don't want my Infil to have a different secondary.

But I will say I had (early) better K/D with the Assault Rifle... but that's changing :)
Posted Image

#73 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted July 14 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostCall_Me_Ishmael, on July 14 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Look...

It's taken me about three-four months to get 'passable' with the EOC.

I can't get six pucks on an enemy in the air.  I can herd them with grenades and pucks... but they're shooting at me while I do.

It doesn't need a nerf.  If you nerf it, I'll lose a LOT of investment in learning how to use it, which will make me sad.
That's not a problem with the weapon. That's a problem with the user.

Really, if you can't use a weapon to it's full potential, it's a "too bad, so sad" situation.

AJK is right

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users