HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A rant against the HAB.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
183 replies to this topic

#181 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted July 31 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostSmoothBoar, on July 31 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

View PostRedVan, on July 31 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

View PostSmoothBoar, on July 31 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Please explain why letting everyone see information is a bad thing___ Im not sure ive ever seen a test environment that had a limited amount of testers but the information was available to all end up being bad.

With no NDA people can calm any fears that crop from those not in the test.

It will calm fears_  More like you'll have people crying about changes they can read about but not test to see if it actually works. I guarantee it'll give undue stress to the devs and mods having to calm the fears that I guarantee it would bring. Even if the devs only listen to those in HAB, the HAB testers would then need to be arguing with a bunch of people who arent educated on the changes. People already argue about small changes from patch to patch. It will only be expounded in an environment where larger changes may be made, and/or people are only able to read about changes and not test them. Look at how many different opinions there already are. Ultimately the devs need to chose what they think is best, but when a clusterfuck of people are all crying for their own opinions to be "the way", it just makes for a hassle for the devs and private testers.

Saying that people will get confused between what is emplemented and what isnt is easily solved and is actually not a very large issue anyway.

Excellent supporting evidence btw.

Having the data open to everyone is the best policy.
Not when it can result in massive headaches to both devs and players.

What if I told you customization was becoming like MWO, and it was based on level_  What do you think would happen in the forums_  Everyone would just stand in a circle and sing koombiah_

First off I've been in a testing environment as mentioned before that has a limited amount of people on the test server testing things that the whole community can see, with an even larger community than Hawken has across multiple unofficial websites because there was no official forum forever for that game. Protip: no one gets in a huge fight or goes ape fuzzy bunny about changes that may or may not come.

Yes they get disappointed if something is put up that they don't like, but as it is a TEST server, they don't hold their breath about it till launch day. You guys are over exaggerating the fear and panic giving the info out to everyone would cause, I've been in a similar system and it doesn't work the way you guys are picturing it or the headaches you think it will cause.

I've been in private test groups before and I will attest to the fact that, if the wrong info gets outside of the group, it can lead to problems.

Simple as that.

Edited by RedVan, July 31 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#182 Immortal009

Immortal009

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationMy Own Little World...

Posted July 31 2013 - 02:04 PM

Jokes on you people, the HAB was all just a clever ruse.

#183 Xuande

Xuande

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationShai Hulud

Posted July 31 2013 - 04:03 PM

I am in no way comfortable with the game being shaped by a small group of "hardcore" gamers/testers. Mainly out of the concern that the game will reflect their wants and needs over the rest of the community. The larger the group the more diverse the opinions, which is a good thing.
Ol' Betsy || CR-T Recruit   Jethro || Raider
Jim Bob || Beserker    Big Bertha || Brawler
Bubba || Bruiser            Billy-Bob || Technician
Bobby-Joe || Reaper
My name is pronounced (Shuahn-duuh) not (Juan-dee).

#184 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted July 31 2013 - 04:16 PM

Post locked at the request of OP.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users