HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Playing with a controller

Game

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dmons

Dmons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hi, that's my first day playing Hawken and I have a question about controller, because I'm not sure if it would work. It's PS3 controller, but it worked properly when I played Fifa on PC. So my question is what do I need to set to play with this controller_

#2 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted August 06 2013 - 08:55 AM

i would google your requirements, but it depends on your machine also...I use an Xbox 360 Controller because i can't co-ordinate my fingers using a mouse and keyboard :P

Admittedly I think Hawken was built with Xbox 360 functionality in mind, I remember it just worked outright. Not sure about PS3 controller though...

Heres what another forum member said:

Maybe it's about having options_ Maybe controllers put less strain on some people's hands than a keyboard (mine have both been broken)_

Anyway, I use a PS3 controller. This is my setup:

Posted Image [A]: Interact
Posted Image [B]: Repair
Posted Image [X]: Use Item
Posted Image [Y]: Ability
RT: Secondary Fire
LT: Primary Fire
LB: WHATEVER
RB: Weapon Utility
Dpad Up: Toggle Map
Dpad Dn: Request Assistance
Dpad L/R: Cycle Item
L3 (click left stick): Hover
R3 (click right stick): Boost/Dodge
START: Toggle Scoreboard
SELECT: Spot Enemy
Posted Image

#3 Dmons

Dmons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 09:00 AM

Ok, thanks for you answer. I will try to find something :)

#4 plons

plons

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 01:50 PM

i tried ps3 controller ..;all goes fine except it does not work in hawken ....

#5 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 12:20 PM

Apart from the possible difficulties you might encounter in hawken when using a controller, there is also this: http://www.techspot....ole-gamers.html :rolleyes:

#6 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted August 07 2013 - 07:00 PM

Xbox 360 wired controllers work great out of the box (and current drivers) with no issues.  You can even use the headset and mic too.  I'm sure the wireless controllers work well too, but they require the Xbox usb dongle, and I'm not sure the headset will work over wireless, I'd say it doesn't work on PC.

As far as getting a PS3 controller working in the game, I'm afraid you are going to need a little bit of extra software.

I'll do some research and get back to you.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#7 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted August 07 2013 - 08:06 PM

OK,

Research done, and good news.  :lol:

My current OS is Windows 7 64-bit (other OS's results may vary)

I was able to get a PS3 controller setup to be emulated as a Xbox 360 controller.  This effectively tricks any game including Hawken into thinking the PS3 controller is a Xbox360 gamepad and works perfectly.  You only have to reset your keybindings to defaults with the device enabled to see that it maps the keys and buttons to the controller and works exactly as advertised.  The only slightly difficult issue is getting the software installed and the drivers loaded.

Step one, get required hardware:

Obviously you need a PS3 controller (sixaxis recommended for vibration)  (It is what I had laying around)

For wireless operation you need a bluetooth adapter that supports 2.0+EDR format.  (If you don't have a compatible bluetooth adapter you can simply leave the PS3 controller connected to the computer).

Bluetooth adapter

(the brand I used is part number "BT-USBT" its a Sabrent brand micro usb bluetooth adapter with voice data support)  

http://www.amazon.co...T/dp/B002SBF108

I got it at the local Frys electronics for like 4.99 or so.  Other brands might work, but I can guarantee that this one did function correctly.  Check their bluetooth comparability on their website.

http://www.motioninj...btcompatibility

Step two, download the software called "motionjoy" (no sick jokes needed, I didn't name it) :rolleyes:

http://www.xinputer....1001_signed.zip

Install it, accept the defaults, at the end let it run "DS3_tool"
Once that comes up,  
Plugin the PS3 controller using a standard USB cord.
Then go to the driver manager tab, and click the device and check the box to the left
and select load driver.

If you see an error, unplug and replug your ps3 controller.  (I had to do that once or twice to get things loaded)

If you want wireless

Then insert the Bluetooth adapter, and select it and load the driver for it also.

Once both of those devices show a green checkmark on the right under the motionjoy area, go to the profile tab

Select the 5th option "Xinput->default" Xbox 360 controller emulator.

You are done.
Congrats.

Heres a link that I used that helped me if you get into troubles.
http://www.gamefront...roller-on-a-pc/

Good luck and have fun.

Disclamer: I provide no "support" for this, contact the program creator for that.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#8 DzNuts187

DzNuts187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 31 2013 - 04:44 PM

there any way it could be played with moga pro controller_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users