HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken - Mech Something Awesome Entry

Art

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted August 23 2013 - 05:44 PM

Voted and shared... twice ! XD + shared on Pinterest =) GO WAAASP !

Posted Image

#22 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted August 23 2013 - 11:33 PM

View Posterathic, on August 23 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Voted and shared... twice ! XD + shared on Pinterest =) GO WAAASP !

You legend :D Thanks erathic go WAAASSSPPP!!! haha
Posted Image

#23 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted August 23 2013 - 11:35 PM

View Postmoldypizza, on August 23 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

View PostModius, on August 23 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

I just got home from work and noticed that the leading entry has received almost 200 more likes within 1 hour....I actually believe there is one design in this that is better than my own, the design by Paul Trenchard, and I am disgusted to see a race for likes over-riding a true competition of talent, skill, attention to detail and at the very most, a passion for HAWKEN that is apparent in the end product.

I now only want to win to credit everyone's concerns over the specifications of this competition, fuzzy bunny the prizes. There are people in this competition who clearly don't care about HAWKEN and it hurts my creative heart.

With that said, best of luck to those true individuals and to all because I still love HAWKEN, but most of all, big shout out to YOU! Yes you, reading this, a forumite true to the cause! :P

Let's see how this pans out eh guys_

See you on the battlefield.
The only three mechs that should have a chance of winning is yours pauls or this guy called Stefan Misirdzhiev.
How ever I still think yours should win like much better than there.
Edit: got facebook to work 1 more vote for you im im also gonna get my brothers to vote for you.

I agree with you on the ones that should be winning totally, and thankyou for supporting this even further mate :)
Posted Image

#24 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted August 24 2013 - 05:14 AM

Good news Modius!

"Due to valid criticisms raised by a number of readers, the Mech Something Awesome competition will now be judged by a panel of experts rather than via a voting system. We'll reveal who on Tuesday!"

Good luck Modius, I really hope you win, your design is the best. Voted as well.

Edited by xXHadronCutterXx, August 24 2013 - 05:15 AM.

Get your hard on.

#25 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted August 24 2013 - 05:30 AM

Hell yeah!

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#26 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted August 24 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostxXHadroncutterXx, on August 24 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

"Due to valid criticisms raised by a number of readers, the Mech Something Awesome competition will now be judged by a panel of experts rather than via a voting system. We'll reveal who on Tuesday!"

Cooool  ! That's a very good news !!

Posted Image

#27 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted August 24 2013 - 07:35 AM

Woooo! Amazing news guys!!! I really hope I do everyone proud as a genuine lover of HAWKEN and at least win a prize for us. Thankyou to everyone, y'all RAWWWKKKKK!!
Posted Image

#28 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted August 24 2013 - 08:15 AM

Haynes manual cover, very good, being British I get that.  Your mech is the best one, most others would have serious issues standing up with weird (impossible) centre of gravities.  Yours does fit the Hawken universe well.
[font=georgia,serif]-Jonny[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]"I heal. I am the Healer.  Come lay down thy broken chassis, and wash thyself in the beam of life"[/font]

#29 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted August 26 2013 - 09:01 PM

OK two things

1- THAT MECH HAS TO BE THE ONLY MECH I EVER SEEN TO GIVE ME THE CHILLS JUST BY LOOKING AT IT. tHERE ISNT TRUELY A WORD TO FIT THE BEAUTY OF THE STYLE AND FORM YOU INSTILLED ON THIS INCREDIBLE WORK OF  HEAVEN. I HONESTLY DONT KNOW WHAT WORD COULD GIVE THIS MECH ITS DO. I KNEEL TO THE MECH MASTER KING.
2- WHY IN THE WORLD ARENT YOU WORKING FOR HAWKEN IN SOME PROJECT ROOM FOR SPACIAL OPERATIONS IS BEYOND MY RANGE OF UNDERSTANDING. YOU SIR ARE A TRUE HOLDER OF THE EYE(CANDY).
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#30 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted August 29 2013 - 12:41 AM

They've still not announced it..... :3
Posted Image

#31 Un3thical

Un3thical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationcomputer

Posted August 29 2013 - 04:47 AM

That's Awesome man! how long have you been 3d modelling_    EDIT: Just wondering because Im just getting into it and im hoping im that good within a year.

Edited by Un3thical, August 29 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#32 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted August 29 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostUn3thical, on August 29 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

That's Awesome man! how long have you been 3d modelling_ EDIT: Just wondering because Im just getting into it and im hoping im that good within a year.

Hey there, well I've been doing it professionally for about 5 years but I started at college even longer ago! I'm sort of a jack-of-all trades and master of none, but I guess if you solely learnt 3d for that length of time, you'd be in a really strong position among the 3d community.

I'm glad to hear you setting your sights high, my only advice would be to not let that aspiration scupper your determination. It's far too easy to become discouraged early on, but equally endearing to know that you have a true aspiration. Make it happen brother! Start small, and I mean small, model things like pencils, utensils like knives and forks, toy cars, skateboards, machine guns and never let your eagerness beget your perseverance.

I'm always around on the forums, and you are very welcome to PM me with any questions :)
Posted Image

#33 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted August 29 2013 - 01:12 PM

This is great news about the completion Modius! The very best of luck matey. We all know yours is the coolest entry.

PS, apologies for missing this earlier in the week!

Edited by Pastorius, August 29 2013 - 01:14 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Un3thical

Un3thical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationcomputer

Posted August 29 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostModius, on August 29 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostUn3thical, on August 29 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

That's Awesome man! how long have you been 3d modelling_ EDIT: Just wondering because Im just getting into it and im hoping im that good within a year.

Hey there, well I've been doing it professionally for about 5 years but I started at college even longer ago! I'm sort of a jack-of-all trades and master of none, but I guess if you solely learnt 3d for that length of time, you'd be in a really strong position among the 3d community.

I'm glad to hear you setting your sights high, my only advice would be to not let that aspiration scupper your determination. It's far too easy to become discouraged early on, but equally endearing to know that you have a true aspiration. Make it happen brother! Start small, and I mean small, model things like pencils, utensils like knives and forks, toy cars, skateboards, machine guns and never let your eagerness beget your perseverance.

I'm always around on the forums, and you are very welcome to PM me with any questions :)

I actually want to get into the game industry which i read you were in and left, im still in school and ive been playing around with the unreal developement kit and maya/3ds max  i've only been learning the user interface for now and looking at the tutorials on youtube, i do get discouraged when i see awesome art like yours because i know it will take me for ever to get that good, but im the determinded type.
Thank you for the advice! much appreciated.

#35 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted September 06 2013 - 04:04 AM

I WOOOONNNNN!!! Thankyou to everyone here, you all RAWWWK!! http://www.3dartisto...me-the-winners/
Posted Image

#36 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted September 06 2013 - 04:26 AM

That's fantastic news Modius! :D Very well done buddy, very well done!
Posted Image

#37 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted September 06 2013 - 04:31 AM

Congratulations!!! :)

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#38 Creepy_Hitchhiker

Creepy_Hitchhiker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 10:46 AM

My congratulations Modius. You've done good work.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users