HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension Delay & Community Playtest

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#41 SeVeNXxX

SeVeNXxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:15 PM

"we are not be making this our primary focus"

I suppose the devs don't want to hear complaints about "i don't like the new hud" but rather "i was disconnetted from all the games" or " i fell through the floor in <MAP>", I mean big gameplay bugs

Edited by SeVeNXxX, September 04 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Posted Image

C'mon,keep on spamming...

#42 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:26 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on September 04 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

We've recently discovered some brand new issues that are preventing the patch from meeting our quality standards. In light of this, we have decided to adjust our target release date of HAWKEN: Ascension to Tuesday, September 10. This will allow us to fix these problems and perform more stress testing. In order to do this, we need your assistance!

Posted Image

In order to ensure the success of this test, we will be granting all pilots temporary access to the current HAWKEN: Ascension build.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:30 PM

HAB did a poor job it seems...

#44 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:37 PM

Play the game and try your best to break our servers.

I shall bring my finest smashing hammer.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#45 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:39 PM

View Postdorobo, on September 04 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

HAB did a poor job it seems...

Bull****

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#46 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:40 PM

I can't seem to find my email to test this latest build.
Posted Image

#47 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostSylhiri, on September 04 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Bull****
Bullfrog _ What are you saying man _
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#48 GrayWolf_56

GrayWolf_56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:42 PM

just wish they provided the timeline when the email will be sent out.
CR-T Recruit - "Newbie" | Technician - "Doc" | Rocketeer - "Stones"    xccxasaSas

AMD 955BE @ 3.60 gHz   |    ASUS ROG GENE   | 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 660Ti 2GB | Win Pro 64

#49 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostCakeBandit, on September 04 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

I can't seem to find my email to test this latest build.

It hasn't been sent out yet. The test is over the weekend, so expect it sometime Friday or Saturday (Pacific time).
Be sure in your profile settings that you have the box for receiving emails checked.

Edited by nokari, September 04 2013 - 10:46 PM.

Posted Image

#50 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:47 PM

View Postnokari, on September 04 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

It hasn't been sent out yet. The test is over the weekend.
Be sure in your profile settings that you have the box for receiving emails checked.

Pardon me, I'll just be over here frothing while I have to wait longer. I NEED ME SOME FOREST MAP!
Posted Image

#51 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'm also in the opinion that the HAB has done a poor job. (Or even didn't work at all) The only thing that happened is a delay of the patch for many many days. I don't see any changes or influences from/of the HAB.

However it seems like the devs are also unable to release a patch after months and there are not so much changes included that the patch needs more than three months. And the best thing: "Oh, after a month of testing phase including the HAB tests there are 5 more days needed to fix bugs".

I just can say: "Aaaand you failed."

Edited by FakeName, September 04 2013 - 10:55 PM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#52 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostFakeName, on September 04 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm also in the opinion that the HAB has done a poor job. (Or even didn't work at all) The only thing that happened is a delay of the patch for many many days. I don't see any changes or influences from/of tue HAB.

However it seems like the devs are also uable to release a patch after months and there are not so much changes included that the patch needs more than three months. And the best thing: "Oh after a month of testing phase including the HAB tests there are 5 more days needed to fix bugs".

Not sure if joking or just stupid.

#53 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:57 PM

I have a question, I've had this not get me things before when it comes to hawken, so i'm going to ask right now,

What's step 1 to get the e-mail_
Like what do i need to turn on in settings to make sure i get this_
One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

#54 Grogovich

Grogovich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted September 04 2013 - 10:58 PM

No way did they fail!!!!!! HAB can not test everything (for example stress testing, final large scale migrations etc that they are getting right now). Give them time and the hawken dev team credit. They found these issues before release, and they are asking the general public for help (instead of shutting them off)

For what they have done today I give them a lot of respect for. Now when the emails come around (aka when they have it set up) help them and do what you can as a beta tester to make Hawken a greater game.

#55 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostFakeName, on September 04 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm also in the opinion that the HAB has done a poor job. (Or even didn't work at all) The only thing that happened is a delay of the patch for many many days. I don't see any changes or influences from/of the HAB.

However it seems like the devs are also unable to release a patch after months and there are not so much changes included that the patch needs more than three months. And the best thing: "Oh, after a month of testing phase including the HAB tests there are 5 more days needed to fix bugs".

Complete overhaul of the game doesn't justify several months of development_ You're joking right_ Have you even played the new content yourself or are you just making vast assumptions about the new content_

I'd much rather the team take a few more days to iron out the bugs and make the launch as smooth as possible than force it out as quickly as possible so people such as yourself aren't upset with how long this is taking. I'm fairly sure they want you to play the new content far more than you actually want to play it.

I'm amazed that anyone would think this patch isn't bringing that much to the table in terms of content and changes when our accounts have to be migrated to a whole new system, several systems are being done away with in-game and are being replaced by more robust systems (internals, tuning, items, and such), plenty of optimizations to make the good look and run better, plus everything else going on.

I'm curious what you think would be a fair amount of time for everything going on with Ascension since you seem to have a ton of insider knowledge about how in depth this patch is getting. My experience says otherwise but I'm going to refer to your expertise here on this one.

Also how is a delay in the patch equating to a failure of HAB_ Wasn't the point of HAB to identify issues and provide feedback to the developers in order to streamline the process and make sure the best possible product is being delivered instead of the past issues we've had with new patches_ Because so far from what I'm seeing that seems to be the case here.

Posted Image

#56 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:06 PM

No I don't give them any more time and no I don't give them more credit. Even Rome II was faster than Hawken. They had a release date, they have no delays and an excellent game for a fair price. Hawken does have delay, they need much time for a singl patch. And they are still discovering bugs wich need to be fixed.

No these are not known bugs, these bugs are new otherwise there won't be a random delay.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#57 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:07 PM

Don't blame HAB or the Devs because its not their fault. ITS THE GAMES, THE GAME DECIDED "I know you are all excited about the new updates but you know what. I'MA DECIDE TO BREAK TROLOLOLOL" The game is trollin us my fellow pilots!

#58 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostFakeName, on September 04 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

No I don't give them any more time and no I don't give them more credit. Even Rome II was faster than Hawken. They had a release date, they have no delays and an excellent game for a fair price. Hawken does have delay, they need much time for a singl patch. And they are still discovering bugs wich need to be fixed.

No these are not known bugs, these bugs are new otherwise there won't be a random delay.

So you're comparing a studio which has delivered multiple titles in the same series to a new  small development studio working on their first title together which is still in Open Beta_ Not only that but Hawken is strictly online multiplayer (with new offline modes being added with this patch, oh look more content you haven't had to spend a dime on) while the Total War series features multiplayer but also has a strong single player focus.

This isn't just a patch either, it's overhauling the entire game in case you've somehow missed out on all the videos that have been posted and the huge list of patch notes. Not only is it overhauling everything but it is also adding in new content as well such as Offline Team Death Match and Co-op Bot Mode.

There's a ton more at play here than you're realizing and perhaps if you weren't being such a Negative Nancy you might be able to see this. It's five extra days, calm down, take a deep breath, and enjoy checking out the new content this weekend before the patch hits on Tuesday.

Edit: Also Rome II has those above issues and it's a $60 full release. Hawken is a Free to Play title in Open Beta.

Edited by KejiGoto, September 04 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Posted Image

#59 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on September 04 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

Don't blame HAB or the Devs because its not their fault. ITS THE GAMES, THE GAME DECIDED "I know you are all excited about the new updates but you know what. I'MA DECIDE TO BREAK TROLOLOLOL" The game is trollin us my fellow pilots!
Actually, that would fall under the team's fault on there being issues. Rule 1 of programming is Garbage In Garbage Out. Not saying Hawken is garbage, but it only gives us what it's told to do.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#60 Goyo

Goyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:28 PM

If you have two computers/accounts have one of them constantly loading the updating the launcher/patcher, and the other hammering the login server.  I am curious if the launcher/patcher bandwidth lags the login or game servers because by past experience, I assume they do.

Edited by Goyo, September 04 2013 - 11:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users