HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension Delay & Community Playtest

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#81 Intact0

Intact0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostTeljaxx, on September 05 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

You could even try going outside, and see if you can survive the deadly gaze of Amun-Ra.

What is this 'going outside' game you speak of_ Is it any fun, does it include mechs and shooting faceless whiners_

#82 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted September 05 2013 - 01:02 AM

I dont blame hab.. what i meant is that the whole point of hab was that we get tested patch with no hickups right_.. i wont be able to play through the weekend anyways so no worries :]

Peace out!

#83 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:02 AM

View Postdorobo, on September 05 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

I dont blame hab.. what i meant is that the whole point of hab was that we get tested patch with no hickups right_.. i wont be able to play through the weekend anyways so no worries :]

Peace out!

HAB was never billed as a way to make the game perfectly bug-free before the patch. It is meant to help developers get better testing and more concentrated feedback. That doesn't mean there won't be any issues, just hopefully less. Unfortunately it looks like this time they found an issue at the last minute that neither testers nor devs could find or predict earlier.

This was just the first round of HAB testing. The plan is that after the patch is released, they'll continue to work on the next set of tweaks and new content that will then be tested by another set of HAB players within the next few months. It's an ongoing process.

Edited by nokari, September 05 2013 - 02:13 AM.

Posted Image

#84 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:12 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on September 04 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Keep in mind that any progress made during this test will not be saved.
Do garage acquisitions stick_  Id est, during test weekend I buy pink Wellingtons for Grenadier.  After test will my ‘Nader still sport sartorially offensive footwear_

#85 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostXacius, on September 05 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

View PostDFTR, on September 05 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

This i's overly harsh on HAB and Meteor.  I would have also thought they would be firm w/ their patch changes so I'm surprised to see them back off on figures (Health boost going from 15/tuning point to 10, Dodge cool down tuning adjusted, Transmitter removed).  Perhaps no one in HAB complained loud enough but I'm glad they're showing flexibility.  

Oh, believe me, we complained. Loudly.  Ultimately, the decision to remove content that was planned is up to Adhesive, not the testers.  While our input was taken into consideration and did lead to some changes, the build that we'll all be experiencing over the next couple of weeks is not representative of what most of HAB1 wanted from this patch.  With that being said, ADH understands our concerns and plans to use our input to balance the game and make beneficial updates over the next couple of months.  

Now let's all calm down, take some happy pills, and camp noob servers until ADH brings the Ascension test realm online.

Again please do not take my post as criticism of HAB but rather praise for ADH.  So many organizations insist on sticking to their guns so I'm happy they are taking feedback even at this late hour.  I doubt tuning/game balance issues are reasons for delay though; most likely it is technical/server issues so again I'm pleased they still devote some attention to gameplay.

BTW, this is obvious but I guess you're not going to put out your video or spreadsheets today :(
Sad Thursday.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#86 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:15 AM

View Postwaftycrank, on September 05 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

Do garage acquisitions stick_  Id est, during test weekend I buy pink Wellingtons for Grenadier.  After test will my ‘Nader still sport sartorially offensive footwear_

I would highly suggest you don't buy anything with MC over the weekend, as a precaution.

Edited by nokari, September 05 2013 - 02:16 AM.

Posted Image

#87 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:19 AM

View Postnokari, on September 05 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

View Postwaftycrank, on September 05 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

I would highly suggest you don't buy anything with MC over the weekend, as a precaution.
Agreed.  Point was can test weekend be used as scouting mission for new gubbins.  Try before you buy.

#88 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:25 AM

Posted Image

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#89 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:28 AM

I now have a bad feelings about incoming patch. I will write down every subsystem & weapon I currently own (including actual pricing). Something somewhere got to go wrong and disappear I'm afraid.

I'll recommed U guys do the same!

#90 Rajitha

Rajitha

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka / 6.9167° N, 79.8333° E

Posted September 05 2013 - 02:51 AM

I've got 2 tuition classes during the weekend, still I'd like to participate in stress testing :D
My concern is whether I have to download the whole game again (at least 2.4 GB) since I have a limited data plan. Wait make that the whole country
Edit :- I meant, Will I have to download a separate client (of ~2.4 GB) in the weekend ONLY for testing purpose, And have to download another 2.4 GB for the new client on Tuesday_ OR, on Tuesday, will you just update the client which was downloaded in the weekend, therefore saving me some valuable data_

Edited by Rajitha, September 05 2013 - 03:02 AM.

Core i5-3470 | Corsair 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB | Gigabyte B75M-D3H | Seasonic 520W
Siege Tutorial | Hawken In Asia (gameplay videos) | South Asia/Southeast Asia Community
HAWKEN ASIA STEAM COMMUNITY!

#91 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:00 AM

nooooooooooooooooo! but.... ok we still get a test drive for the weekend... still looking forward to it. email refresh. email refresh!

#92 VacuumTube

VacuumTube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:14 AM

adh, maybe take more time and  create another HAB to be completely safe_ No need to hurry, quality should be on first place in open betas.

Edited by VacuumTube, September 05 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#93 Greenfox21

Greenfox21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hessen

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:16 AM

Too bad.

But its better this way.

Even if i was hyped already ^^.

Good for me, as i can level my Rocketer a bit more~
Love is like an Exotherme Reaction. As soon as it started, it will grow infintly.
Till it used up all the matter which let it react all that time~
Just be careful, how much of that matter you burn up for each second of your love.
You don't want to burn yourself on Love~

#94 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostGoyo, on September 05 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

MJ was black_
MJ was born of a native american father and japanese mother.

Due to the pressure of the music industry he received multiple cosmetics surgery at a very young age in order to appear black, because such a mix would never appeal to the consumers of soul music( the target audience of the jackson 5 ). At a later age when he started his solo career his music producer once again put pressure for him to change his appearance to please the main consumers of pop music. Slowly he became white. However the extensive surgeries he had received in his youth complicated things slightly. Since this all further surgeries only served to make him look like an alien, he was forced to stay away from the public eye as to not disgust his audience. He was finally killed by  a doctor paid by he music industry because he was on the verge of telling the truth. However the US government was aware of the music industries intent and swapped MJ with a decoy right before the assassination. He now lives in detroit, with black elvis, black james dean and black marilin monroe, under the speudonym of alan smithee.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#95 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:20 AM

Honestly, who didn't see this coming_ It's becoming a pattern :P
Hope I have the time to participate in the stress test 110%. I've only been able to log in about once every other week recently.
-Scratch that, I'll make time!

Edited by G4M5T3R, September 05 2013 - 03:57 AM.

Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#96 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:55 AM

Ascension... descended _
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#97 BLTasty

BLTasty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSmall Town next to a REALLY big city

Posted September 05 2013 - 03:59 AM

Sounds like a smart move. Sometimes people forget that this game is still at beta test stage. I look forward to breaking the game everyway i can.

#98 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted September 05 2013 - 04:02 AM

Let me break stuff I do good at break stuff. Form noob hammer!

#99 808musubi

808musubi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 04:12 AM

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#100 plons

plons

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 04:16 AM

ok i can live with it .........
better something good than having junk delivered

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users