HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension Delay & Community Playtest

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#61 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:31 PM

View PostGoyo, on September 04 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

If you have two computers/accounts have one of them constantly loading the updating the launcher/patcher, and the other hammering the login server.  I am curious if the launcher/patcher bandwidth lags the login or game servers because I assume they do.
Game servers are separate IPs hosted by AWS. Shouldn't affect those, but don't know about login/syncing server though. I'd imagine it's all different, but whatever! Try to break it!
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#62 space_mouse

space_mouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationYER MOMS

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:32 PM

Being paid xp boost to break a game sounds like fun, also no marks on permanent record. Spazz out and go kamikaze, or try stupid stuff like making a "human pyramid"  of meks. Or dont...its a game you can opt into, or not. I work in a design field, and in case you don't deadlines are meant to be broken. Better a broken deadline than a compromised game and complete FUBAR release.

my $0.02
Sp@(3_//0u$3.

#63 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:36 PM

Yeah there's some compensation here for the patch delay too, people shouldn't complain about 5 days when we've been waiting for months lol
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#64 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:44 PM

Receive email with instructions on how to download the client.
what_ where_ When_
more info for stupid (like me)

edit

This test will take place this weekend
oh...i really stupid :lol:

Edited by nepacaka, September 04 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#65 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:52 PM

Rome is not the golden game but it has far more quality. Alao 45€ are not so much for a new game. Rome also has crashes but has a far better quality. Alao hawken dkes not have a COMPLETE overhaul. Only internals items and progression system are overhauled plus some new chasis parts. There are no new weapons mechs or gamemodes. OFFLINE matches are an uneccessary feature because the KI is stupid (AI in english). Hawken is still the shooter it was before. The incoming patch is just an experiement wich needs too much time.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#66 Steve_Deagler

Steve_Deagler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:55 PM

Though the delay is disappointing, at least you're ensuring the servers won't be a total mess when the patch goes live. Even if my progress won't be saved I'm still looking forward to trying out the new build. The 7 day xp boost is a nice gesture imo, and should help quite a bit with power leveling my Vanguard after Tuesday. Looks like I'm gonna be checking my email constantly this weekend :ph34r:

#67 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostKejiGoto, on September 04 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

*snip*
Lol'd really hard
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#68 torc

torc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:58 PM

More 5 days...
Posted Image

Guys open the frakkin servers and let us update NOW and fix the issues next week, but give us the chance to test something!

Posted Image

#69 ChillBill

ChillBill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 11:59 PM

How many people dev the game_ one_
Me and my clanmades don`t play this game any time longer. Because the matchmaking, autobalancing and bugs make the game very, very hard to play good (pro-like). we need teammanagment. we need better mm. we need....................... a patch. now. not on 10th, now. more than 6 month far the last patch. wargaming supported better then u. and that`s it. wargaming is the master of supporting. Once can take a leaf out of this book. If u waiting longer_ The game r to old for release. 2 years beta_____ OMG
I´m sign in @ the Alphatest. And the support on this game r gruesome. :(

I´m grievously disappointed

#70 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostFakeName, on September 04 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

Rome is not the golden game but it has far more quality. Alao 45€ are not so much for a new game. Rome also has crashes but has a far better quality. Alao hawken dkes not have a COMPLETE overhaul. Only internals items and progression system are overhauled plus some new chasis parts. There are no new weapons mechs or gamemodes. OFFLINE matches are an uneccessary feature because the KI is stupid (AI in english). Hawken is still the shooter it was before. The incoming patch is just an experiement wich needs too much time.

Did you watch the video I posted_ It showcased numerous AI issues and some UI issues as well not to mention graphical problems too. For a full price game and for a series that has been around since 2000 that doesn't really speak well about the development cycle the game saw.

Again I stress that Hawken is in Open Beta, is coming from a new development team, and that team is rather small. Hawken also doesn't have a major publisher like SEGA behind it.

And again I ask if you've played the new content or not. Based on your simplification of the new content I'm guessing you haven't and as someone who has played the new content it's definitely a complete overhaul in the sense that Hawken feels like an entirely new game with the Ascension patch.

You seriously need to educate yourself on the subject at hand before attempting to declare what is a good product and what isn't. You'll see this weekend though when you finally get a chance to play it for yourself and see all the changes at play here. Oh yea and enjoy the free seven day EXP booster as well for getting to try something out (for free) on a game that hasn't cost you a cent to play.

Posted Image

#71 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:07 AM

The entire infrastructure has been redone.  I could compose a list of all of the game's classes, weapons, and maps in a single udk document.  

But game's engine, UI, AI, and server coding_  Not even fuzzy bunny close.  

While adding a new mech, weapon, or gamemode takes time, it's nothing in comparison to completely redoing the game's engine, optimizing the code/netcode, or reworking the game's UI / AI.  

You clearly lack any and all understanding regarding gameplay programming and the processes behind making a game.  Judging by your character and the lack of intellect with regards to how you express your concerns, I'd also wager that you're a moron.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

#72 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostXacius, on September 05 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

The entire infrastructure has been redone.  I could compose a list of all of the game's classes, weapons, and maps in a single udk document.  

While adding a new mech, weapon, or gamemode takes time, it's nothing in comparison to completely redoing the game's engine, optimizing the code/netcode, or reworking the game's UI / AI.  

You clearly lack any and all understanding regarding gameplay programming and the processes behind making a game.  Judging by your character and the lack of intellect with regards to how you express your concerns, I'd also wager that you're a moron.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#73 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:18 AM

That Rome II looks like some quality entertainment. Though I seriously doubt it is entertaining the way the creators meant it to be...

Everyone that is complaining about having to wait a few more days for the next patch really needs to learn to be more patient. For one thing, we are getting free access to the current build over the weekend, as well as a free XP boost just for coming over to play.

And you guys do realize that Hawken is not the only entertainment in existence, right_ If you really need something to occupy your time until the patch is released, go play another game! Go play a flash game on Newgrounds or Kongregate. Go play a nice old nostalgic game that you used to love. You could even try going outside, and see if you can survive the deadly gaze of Amun-Ra.

Just quit whining about having to wait for your FREE GAME CONTENT for a few more days...
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#74 tropt

tropt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Perth

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:22 AM

Posted Image
Shooting myself, for damage perks

#75 Pewk

Pewk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:23 AM

Took 12 days off work starting today... I'm not even going to dodge the next Hellfires, suicide by Rocketeer :(

#76 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:31 AM

ChillBill, in wargaming works a lot more people like to create, and over the marketing.

so, go play on WoT, schoolboy :P

#77 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:37 AM

HNB* Pilot reporting, ready for stress testing !

Thanks for the 7 days XP boost :)

*Hawken .Noobs .Batalion

Posted Image

#78 Goyo

Goyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:46 AM

View Posttropt, on September 05 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

Posted Image

MJ was black_

#79 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted September 05 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostFakeName, on September 04 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm also in the opinion that the HAB has done a poor job. (Or even didn't work at all) The only thing that happened is a delay of the patch for many many days. I don't see any changes or influences from/of the HAB.

However it seems like the devs are also unable to release a patch after months and there are not so much changes included that the patch needs more than three months. And the best thing: "Oh, after a month of testing phase including the HAB tests there are 5 more days needed to fix bugs".

I just can say: "Aaaand you failed."

This i's overly harsh on HAB and Meteor.  I would have also thought they would be firm w/ their patch changes so I'm surprised to see them back off on figures (Health boost going from 15/tuning point to 10, Dodge cool down tuning adjusted, Transmitter removed).  Perhaps no one in HAB complained loud enough but I'm glad they're showing flexibility.  
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#80 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted September 05 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostDFTR, on September 05 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

This i's overly harsh on HAB and Meteor.  I would have also thought they would be firm w/ their patch changes so I'm surprised to see them back off on figures (Health boost going from 15/tuning point to 10, Dodge cool down tuning adjusted, Transmitter removed).  Perhaps no one in HAB complained loud enough but I'm glad they're showing flexibility.  

Oh, believe me, we complained. Loudly.  Ultimately, the decision to remove content that was planned is up to Adhesive, not the testers.  While our input was taken into consideration and did lead to some changes, the build that we'll all be experiencing over the next couple of weeks is not representative of what most of HAB1 wanted from this patch.  With that being said, ADH understands our concerns and plans to use our input to balance the game and make beneficial updates over the next couple of months.  

Now let's all calm down, take some happy pills, and camp noob servers until ADH brings the Ascension test realm online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users