HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Service Outage: 9/9/13 at 10:00 PM PT (GMT-7)

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#201 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostFurrMe, on September 11 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Everybody chill out and
pick the one that suits yourself the most.

Spoiler
or
Spoiler
or
Spoiler
or
Spoiler
or
Spoiler
or
Spoiler
or
Spoiler

inb4
Spoiler

SCNR

Holy bajongles you didn't have to bludgeon the joke savagely.
After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#202 Pondscum

Pondscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 12:16 PM

Skrill

"B> Hawken is free. You don't pay for it. You may have given them money for cosmetics (trust me, I have given more, your not special) but that doesn't mean they owe you anything other than a cool looking mech which they immediately deliver on."

odd I don't seem to be able to spend my points right now, are you having the same problem_

"C> I hear the call of duty servers are up. You can flame there as much as you want. I bet you had CENSORED with someones mom last night and have been just ITCHING to tell them."

I don't see how call of duty and your mother have much in common_

"D> Yelling at the devs does nothing but make them feel like their hard work is unappreciated. Your not helping push the patch by spreading negativity."

I tend to disagree, if you are dissatisfied with the service provided by any company they won't know it unless you tell them.  Ever hear of the old addage "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"_

"P.S. Sorry if that was too angry... It's been a rough morning around the office... and its cloudy. "

Glad you apologized for your attitude because it was definately over the top...accepted :) Next time just don't click the post button it's easier than putting in the apology.

Edited by Pondscum, September 11 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#203 torc

torc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted September 11 2013 - 12:20 PM

what fits better to me_ hmmm....

Posted Image

Posted Image

#204 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted September 11 2013 - 12:47 PM

I'm kind of sad, the people I expected to act like immature brats are acting as rational adults and the people I expected to act like rational adults are acting like immature brats.

Keep up the amazing work Adhesive, I absolutely love your work and especially what you're doing with this new patch. There are a few problems but your team members have put most of my worries away. I hope you guys fix the problem shortly, I'm dying to play like the rest of the complainers!

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#205 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted September 11 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostPondscum, on September 11 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Skrill

"B> Hawken is free. You don't pay for it. You may have given them money for cosmetics (trust me, I have given more, your not special) but that doesn't mean they owe you anything other than a cool looking mech which they immediately deliver on."

odd I don't seem to be able to spend my points right now, are you having the same problem_

"C> I hear the call of duty servers are up. You can flame there as much as you want. I bet you had CENSORED with someones mom last night and have been just ITCHING to tell them."

"D> Yelling at the devs does nothing but make them feel like their hard work is unappreciated. Your not helping push the patch by spreading negativity."

I tend to disagree, if you are dissatisfied with the service provided by any company they won't know it unless you tell them.  Ever hear of the old addage "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"_

"P.S. Sorry if that was too angry... It's been a rough morning around the office... and its cloudy. "

Glad you apologized for your attitude because it was definately over the top...accepted :) Next time just don't click the post button it's easier than putting in the apology.
And thank you for showing some understanding. As far as your squeaking wheel analogy goes. The wheel, in this case, would be all the bugs they are dealing with, not you complaining. You completely misread my COD reference as to the immaturity of that community and its similarity to your behavior.

I just really sympathize with adhesive because I work for a small game company as well and I know just how frustrating these kinds of things can be.

See you all on the battlefield,

SKRILL

Edited by Skrill, September 11 2013 - 01:07 PM.

Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#206 Foxxylicious

Foxxylicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 01:00 PM

Posted Image

#207 Pondscum

Pondscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostSkrill, on September 11 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Skrill

And thank you for showing some understanding. As far as your squeaking wheel analogy goes. The wheel, in this case, would be all the bugs they are dealing with, not you complaining. You completely misread my COD reference as to the immaturity of that community and its similarity to your behavior.

I just really sympathize with adhesive because I work for a small game company as well and I know just how frustrating these kinds of things can be.

SKRILL

And I work with adults with developmental disabilities so I totally get where you're coming from.

#208 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted September 11 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostPondscum, on September 11 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostSkrill, on September 11 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Skrill

SKRILL

And I work with adults with developmental disabilities so I totally get where you're coming from.

Thats very nice of you, really, but I fail to see what that has to do with programming and implementing patches. I'm just saying be patient and kind to the people providing you with a free to play aaa quality game.
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#209 Pondscum

Pondscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 01:24 PM

I'll just leave it at we disagree and stop bantering with you.

#210 shoyusha

shoyusha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 01:33 PM

BAHAHAHA ALMOST 24 HOURS LATE
Posted Image

I really wanna know exactly what they completely broke, someone at adhesive must be in trouuuuubleeeee
Posted Image

#211 Wargasim

Wargasim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 01:42 PM

As long as it is working by Friday. Got a gaming/pizza night planned with my brother in law and 2 new Razer orb weavers to break in.

Gonna be bleak if this is not working by Friday!

Common guys, got some £££ burning a hole in my pocket and a Raider that needs that scary ass skull paintjob!!

#212 Rasti

Rasti

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 11 2013 - 01:43 PM

If someone was in trouble for any patch issue there was, then everyone who works at Adhesive would have been in trouble at least once.

That being said I believe they already have enough troubles right now.
Quite troublesome indeed.

What the hell am I typing, damn, the wait for the patch must have made me crazy.

Jonnywithanh said:

yes you can be yoda

#213 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted September 11 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostFakeName, on September 11 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

But some people are the same opinion like me. Admin it, they failed again, the third time now they couldn't release the patch on the date, and now they don't even post another one anymore, properly because they don't know when they can launch the patch.

"They are working hard" VUlong is so damn right, this is not interesting us, we want the patch, NOW! But unfortunately, they are not ABLE to give it to us.

What's your ping like on US-East_
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#214 t3chn0v1k1ng

t3chn0v1k1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 01:58 PM

Guys last night I had a great idea for a MKIV bubble shield.
It would take up 6 slots and here are some cool things the shield COULD do if it was baked into the game.

-Do a small ammount of damage to enemies who come inside your bubble. initial shock damage for entering OR a slow health drain.
-Slightly amplify damage of shots fired from within the bubble
-Slowly heal you or friendly players who are inside the bubble

damage and healing rates modified by how many people inside the shield (like the EU stations flow modulation to player ratio)
Could be colored RED on the outside to identify that it's a monster shield.

Anyone else think this is a cool idea_
Posted Image

SOMETIMES WE STREAM

TWITCH.TV/360CVNTRL

#215 Pondscum

Pondscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 02:03 PM

My good idea is a kitten fur coat, made of real kittens :)

Edited by Pondscum, September 11 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#216 LUNCHxTIME

LUNCHxTIME

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 02:09 PM

live kittens_

#217 Pondscum

Pondscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 02:13 PM

live kittens would require extra care and be pretty messy but you'd have the added bonus of the size of the garment increasing with time. I'm guessing it would require dry cleaning either way. Imagine how difficult it would be to sew live kittens together too.  I'm up in the air on that one.

Edited by Pondscum, September 11 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#218 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 02:17 PM

View Postt3chn0v1k1ng, on September 11 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Guys last night I had a great idea for a MKIV bubble shield.
It would take up 6 slots and here are some cool things the shield COULD do if it was baked into the game.

-Do a small ammount of damage to enemies who come inside your bubble. initial shock damage for entering OR a slow health drain.
-Slightly amplify damage of shots fired from within the bubble
-Slowly heal you or friendly players who are inside the bubble

damage and healing rates modified by how many people inside the shield (like the EU stations flow modulation to player ratio)
Could be colored RED on the outside to identify that it's a monster shield.

Anyone else think this is a cool idea_
No, actually, that's horrifying.

There's a certain threshold of power an item should never be allowed to cross regardless of slot cost.  Even if it's your only item, it doesn't matter if it automatically wins the engagement.  Besides, the shield is already broken.

Edited by WarlordZ, September 11 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#219 Pondscum

Pondscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 02:41 PM

zzzz

#220 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted September 11 2013 - 02:45 PM

***UPDATE 5***

We are pleased to announce that we have resolved the problem affecting the party system.

We are currently finishing up the testing process, and we expect to have the patch in your hands later this evening.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users