HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension has arrived!

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#141 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted September 17 2013 - 08:28 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 17 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Not to completely derail the conversation but I thought I'd take a minute to give an update on how things are going.

We are still actively working on our hotfix with a target release of Thursday and as of now we're on track for that. Work began at the end of last week once we started seeing where the problem areas were popping up and we had our first release candidate today. There are a few more tweaks that need to be made based on testing results and we'll be testing again tomorrow with the hopes of it being the final version that goes out the day after. Patch note drafts are making their rounds as I type this and we're targeting to have those posted in the forums tomorrow. I've mentioned on other threads but some features aren't functioning as intended so this hotfix will make some modifications to how those features function as we continue to dive into deeper fixes for some of those issues. This hotfix is intended to help with match balancing, matchmaking results while also addressing a few gameplay balance concerns and a quick HUD contrast fix.

If you have interest in such things, our lock date for our next content update is coming up on 9/26 and while I won't go into too many details yet, the HAWKEN team is looking to bring you Co-Op, a new mech, UI updates, bug fixes, tweaks and more. Remember, content lock doesn't mean a release date, it just means that internally all teams (who have work scheduled for that release) need to have their work checked in, complete and ready for rounds of polish, bug fixing and stabilization. That's targeting next month for a release but we're eager to see how the hotfix improves things for players on Thursday and we'll continue to make changes as needed.

Thanks everyone!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hughes, you need to tell us more of THIS. What precisely is going on, rough time table, how the process is going for you guys in terms of release of content, all this convinces us that you're working hard, compared to a "We're working on it!™"  We know you're all working because this is what you do for a living, but HOW and the WHAT you're working on (details, details, details) is what concerns us and piques our curiosity.  Thank you for being forthcoming on the progress of hotfixes and content updates.[/font]

Edited by Silverfire, September 17 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#142 Garx

Garx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

Posted September 18 2013 - 02:27 PM

Not to completely derail the conversation but I thought I'd take a minute to give an update on how things are going.

We are still actively working on our hotfix with a target release of Thursday and as of now we're on track for that. Work began at the end of last week once we started seeing where the problem areas were popping up and we had our first release candidate today. There are a few more tweaks that need to be made based on testing results and we'll be testing again tomorrow with the hopes of it being the final version that goes out the day after. Patch note drafts are making their rounds as I type this and we're targeting to have those posted in the forums tomorrow. I've mentioned on other threads but some features aren't functioning as intended so this hotfix will make some modifications to how those features function as we continue to dive into deeper fixes for some of those issues. This hotfix is intended to help with match balancing, matchmaking results while also addressing a few gameplay balance concerns and a quick HUD contrast fix.

If you have interest in such things, our lock date for our next content update is coming up on 9/26 and while I won't go into too many details yet, the HAWKEN team is looking to bring you Co-Op, a new mech, UI updates, bug fixes, tweaks and more. Remember, content lock doesn't mean a release date, it just means that internally all teams (who have work scheduled for that release) need to have their work checked in, complete and ready for rounds of polish, bug fixing and stabilization. That's targeting next month for a release but we're eager to see how the hotfix improves things for players on Thursday and we'll continue to make changes as needed.

Thanks everyone!
looks nice however is too late for me

Posted Image

#143 aToastfan

aToastfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted September 18 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostGarx, on September 18 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Thanks everyone!

Gee you must really care if you had to reply with such a useless comment.

#144 Baraqorn

Baraqorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostGarx, on September 18 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Didn't you uninstall three days ago_ Hasn't the door hit you in the fuzzy bunny yet_

#145 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted September 18 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostSilverfire, on September 17 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Thanks everyone!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hughes, you need to tell us more of THIS. What precisely is going on, rough time table, how the process is going for you guys in terms of release of content, all this convinces us that you're working hard, compared to a "We're working on it!™"  We know you're all working because this is what you do for a living, but HOW and the WHAT you're working on (details, details, details) is what concerns us and piques our curiosity.  Thank you for being forthcoming on the progress of hotfixes and content updates.[/font]

Hotfix for Matchmaking and HUD still on target for Thursday/tomorrow_  

What is lock date_  Sounds kinky_
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#146 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 18 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostDFTR, on September 18 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#147 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for the update Hughes, sounds great, appreciate the info!

#148 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted September 20 2013 - 03:51 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 18 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

View PostDFTR, on September 18 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well, this was funny till I saw the new hotfix.  Kind of captures how I feel/look seeing the new hox fix.
I suppose my expectations were too high especially since I'd seen a post where Xacius had modified the reticule fairly simply.
Sadly that post was deleted.

There's been plenty of feedback on this; obviously others aren't bothered by it.  

I realize the game's in flux and I sincerely want Hawken to be successful.  Right now it's not fun; I'll check back after the next patch...
Hope the Devs catch some rest before getting back to work!
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#149 stefano72

stefano72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted September 27 2013 - 05:36 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 13 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

View PostFakeName, on September 13 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 13 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostD4veMc, on September 13 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Hate Ascension, going to give up on the game for now as I am not enjoying it anymore after the update.
I have tried to get use to it and was hoping to be able to enjoy again but its not happening.
Give us back the open beta parts of the game that we want back or the option of using them.
I agree 100% with all the negative points about Ascension that are on the forum and I feel that the
game has gone backwards not forward..... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Can you speak a bit specifically to your own wants_ Meaning, what parts are you speaking of that would you like "back"_

I think most can agree with the Health and fuel bar, it is pretty annoying.

We can also agree with the internals, they are crazy, unrealistic and kind of unblancing in my opinion.

The tuning points are also weird, I mean radar and hydraulics on reaper_

These are main parts of the Hawken negative aspecs from my view.

EDIT: But in general I think we all agree FOR an option to select the old/new HUD or in any other section, customizing our GUI.

Not everyone dislikes the health and fuel bar like you are mentioning so yes the solution becomes about allowing users a choice in what they want to see but this requires time. With that in mind the alternate options still need to be designed, implemented and we can't just simply go back to the way things were. Everyone's loving the performance improvements but people don't realize the hold HUD was part of the reason for the performance problems.

So yes! People want options and we'd LOVE to offer more of them for players, truly but customizing the HUD is a new feature and we're squashing bugs and other issues right now from this update. Hopefully those who don't like the health and fuel bars can continue to enjoy the game regardless until there are more options for players.

The other stuff_ Yup we're working!

White viewfinder is not good and i think is not possible to change the color. It is very very difficult to get enemies with this new one; for me almost impossible.

Then the player rating: before it was changing according to the match results and it was perfect: because if even with experience you are still a medium player you can play medium matches; than if your result is good you upgrade. Now it is only based on experience, so I am 30 level, but many times i only get killed like 10 times and i don kill anybody. I think you should go back to the previous system.

Sorry about my english, I am italian

#150 Doctor_Fist

Doctor_Fist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 18 2013 - 10:36 PM

Okay just finishing perusing the forums before I generally stop playing hawken, (due to the awful match system), and I just had to point out: Ascension came out on 9/11. I'm sure lots of other people have pointed this out somewhere aswell, but is that not morbidly hilarious_ That date just sucks.
Hawken would be awesome if they actually had organized matches like any other successful f2p mmo, (even the beta ones), but having hop in servers and stuff... Do the devs even play the game_ Do they play any game- are they human_ No sober minded person knowing the first thing about gaming would make a hop in/hop out + auto'balancing' system for a game like hawken. This leads me to believe that the developers are in fact lizardmen- or some kind of semi-intelligent fungus colony. That being said I do not endorse rogue fungi, humanoid reptiles or elderly business men that think they know what good ideas are.
( Ideas like upping the price of certain mechs and the equipment/upgrades so that more people will buy more meteor currency- Moving towards pay-to-win because it's good for the company, even if it's bad for the game.)

Here's hoping that in the near future hawken will have a matchmaking system created by man. Do svidaniya Hawken community.

#151 zaepp

zaepp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGet to da AA!

Posted October 19 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostDoctor_Fist, on October 18 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Okay just finishing perusing the forums before I generally stop playing hawken, (due to the awful match system), and I just had to point out: Ascension came out on 9/11. I'm sure lots of other people have pointed this out somewhere aswell, but is that not morbidly hilarious_ That date just sucks.
Hawken would be awesome if they actually had organized matches like any other successful f2p mmo, (even the beta ones), but having hop in servers and stuff... Do the devs even play the game_ Do they play any game- are they human_ No sober minded person knowing the first thing about gaming would make a hop in/hop out + auto'balancing' system for a game like hawken. This leads me to believe that the developers are in fact lizardmen- or some kind of semi-intelligent fungus colony. That being said I do not endorse rogue fungi, humanoid reptiles or elderly business men that think they know what good ideas are.
( Ideas like upping the price of certain mechs and the equipment/upgrades so that more people will buy more meteor currency- Moving towards pay-to-win because it's good for the company, even if it's bad for the game.)

Here's hoping that in the near future hawken will have a matchmaking system created by man. Do svidaniya Hawken community.

I lol'd! :D

It's just the trees Johnny, just the trees ... (Unknown pilot after his first TDM on Last Eco)

Adapt or GTFO! (Unknown pilot after Steam FUBAR)

Enlist for competitive FarmVille today!  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users