HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension has arrived!

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#101 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:56 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 13 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

View PostFakeName, on September 13 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 13 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostD4veMc, on September 13 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Hate Ascension, going to give up on the game for now as I am not enjoying it anymore after the update.
I have tried to get use to it and was hoping to be able to enjoy again but its not happening.
Give us back the open beta parts of the game that we want back or the option of using them.
I agree 100% with all the negative points about Ascension that are on the forum and I feel that the
game has gone backwards not forward..... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Can you speak a bit specifically to your own wants_ Meaning, what parts are you speaking of that would you like "back"_

I think most can agree with the Health and fuel bar, it is pretty annoying.

We can also agree with the internals, they are crazy, unrealistic and kind of unblancing in my opinion.

The tuning points are also weird, I mean radar and hydraulics on reaper_

These are main parts of the Hawken negative aspecs from my view.

EDIT: But in general I think we all agree FOR an option to select the old/new HUD or in any other section, customizing our GUI.

Not everyone dislikes the health and fuel bar like you are mentioning so yes the solution becomes about allowing users a choice in what they want to see but this requires time. With that in mind the alternate options still need to be designed, implemented and we can't just simply go back to the way things were. Everyone's loving the performance improvements but people don't realize the hold HUD was part of the reason for the performance problems.

So yes! People want options and we'd LOVE to offer more of them for players, truly but customizing the HUD is a new feature and we're squashing bugs and other issues right now from this update. Hopefully those who don't like the health and fuel bars can continue to enjoy the game regardless until there are more options for players.

The other stuff_ Yup we're working!

I read about people tweaking ini files.  Is it possible for me to to increase the sound of feedback for getting a hit_  getting a kill_  

Can you turn off the ally health bar turning red_  

There's a console command (toggle visor_) to turn off your entire HUD, can we have one to just turn off the Fuel/HP bars_  I'd rather not know HP/Fuel and instead have fun.  

I realize this isn't a long term solution but perhaps these are relatively quick fixes which don't require a lot of manpower_  

I agree that the patch has made things run well.  But I miss the gritty look of pre-Ascension Hawken.  BTW, is this sort angst the same after every patch in Hawken_

Edited by DFTR, September 13 2013 - 01:58 PM.

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#102 Mr_Anderson_1977

Mr_Anderson_1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMatrix

Posted September 13 2013 - 09:50 PM

Yes, I want old hawken also...
in my opinion Ascension patch ruined a great game.
I am here since First closed Beta but for now I'll stop playing.

Thanks to all the players who I met during this year.

Mr_Anderson

Edited by Mr_Anderson_1977, September 14 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#103 GOmaDn

GOmaDn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 10:14 PM

In addition to mm not accounting for skill, I am also having issues with people rage-quitting at the start of a match. One recent game was 2v6 by the end of the countdown. Not sure how this can be fixed without dumping the party system as it currently is. Maybe the system can prefer that parties not be broken in the lobby, but break them after match start in the interest of balance. Then they can be switched back after new players join.

I would also like to see more contrast between the hud, notifications, players, objects, and landscape. In close-quarters combat everything looks the same.

The radar is below the horizon. Other players may feel differently, but my eyes tend to focus on the battle in front of me, making that the horizon. Also, I have a moderately sized monitor at 24" and will soon be stretching this game across three of them hopefully. With this in mind, I would not be adverse to having the radar map centered at the bottom. That would free my peripheral vision to track motion without losing focus on what I'm doing.

I'm sure there will be many tweaks to fine-tune the changes for a better balance, so I don't have many problems with the new systems. If you could swap the 5 tuning points from lvl 30 with the first level to get them, that would probably encourage more new players. I would also like to see future changes made that encourage cooperation among players. Like how the tech is able to get assist bonuses for the healing during kills.

Either way, thanks for making an awesome game.

#104 SlaughterLord

SlaughterLord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 10:44 PM

I am really, really pissed off with the new Hawken ! I could bash my PC and throw it out of the window. Man, i hate this Ascension patch cr_ap.

WE WANT OUR OLD HAWKEN BACK, LIKE IT WAS BEFORE THAT PATCH ! ! !

For now it is dead for me ! You f*ucked up one of the best games out there. So, get back to the roots and set up servers with old hawken and dowload link for old client.

SL

#105 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted September 13 2013 - 10:51 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 13 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

View PostFakeName, on September 13 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

View PostD4veMc, on September 13 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Hate Ascension, going to give up on the game for now as I am not enjoying it anymore after the update.
I have tried to get use to it and was hoping to be able to enjoy again but its not happening.
Give us back the open beta parts of the game that we want back or the option of using them.
I agree 100% with all the negative points about Ascension that are on the forum and I feel that the
game has gone backwards not forward..... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Can you speak a bit specifically to your own wants_ Meaning, what parts are you speaking of that would you like "back"_

I think most can agree with the Health and fuel bar, it is pretty annoying.

We can also agree with the internals, they are crazy, unrealistic and kind of unblancing in my opinion.

The tuning points are also weird, I mean radar and hydraulics on reaper_

These are main parts of the Hawken negative aspecs from my view.

EDIT: But in general I think we all agree FOR an option to select the old/new HUD or in any other section, customizing our GUI.

Not everyone dislikes the health and fuel bar like you are mentioning so yes the solution becomes about allowing users a choice in what they want to see but this requires time. With that in mind the alternate options still need to be designed, implemented and we can't just simply go back to the way things were. Everyone's loving the performance improvements but people don't realize the hold HUD was part of the reason for the performance problems.

So yes! People want options and we'd LOVE to offer more of them for players, truly but customizing the HUD is a new feature and we're squashing bugs and other issues right now from this update. Hopefully those who don't like the health and fuel bars can continue to enjoy the game regardless until there are more options for players.

The other stuff_ Yup we're working!

1. I didn't said that, I said MOST, and even the ones who like the patch are telling that the health and fuel bar are out of position. But you said you are working on cusomizeable cockpits so I'll just wait then.
2. I didn't know that, I only had problems with PhysX in the "old" Hawken.
3. You said you are planning to include this feature_ Good news!

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#106 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted September 14 2013 - 12:06 AM

I want my detonation device back, pretty please, Mr. Hughes, pretty please with a cherry on top... Sprinkles too........

Everthing else is groovy, things have changed, and change is a part of all things. But I need the Detonation device - I'm cold, and there are scouts chasing me..... :wacko:
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#107 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted September 14 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostDaPheel, on September 14 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

I want my detonation device back, pretty please, Mr. Hughes, pretty please with a cherry on top... Sprinkles too........

Everthing else is groovy, things have changed, and change is a part of all things. But I need the Detonation device - I'm cold, and there are scouts chasing me..... :wacko:

I'm not sure if you mean this:

Posted Image

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#108 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted September 14 2013 - 01:10 AM

Nope, he means the "suicide" internal which makes you blow up and damage enemies close to your wreck.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#109 FireFenix97

FireFenix97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 04:52 AM

Ok hawken team i have a suggestion.....
Remove the new hud and the other useless things such as the new scoreboard (absolutely Horrible) refit the old (Perfect) pls.
the scout can be slowed a little _ i cant shoot him even with the assault rifle(the Best) is fuking fast i can kill it only with hellfire
and I think everyone agrees because before the patch I killed him with one weapon(all weapons) only imagine.The people cant play like that and we want to say- Not worth it! fuzzy bunny you scout and back to old version.

Edited by FireFenix97, September 14 2013 - 05:00 AM.

#110 D4veMc

D4veMc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBrechin, Scotland

Posted September 14 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostFireFenix97, on September 14 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Remove the new hud and the other useless things such as the new scoreboard (absolutely Horrible) refit the old (Perfect) pls.
the scout can be slowed a little _ i cant shoot him even with the assault rifle(the Best) is fuking fast i can kill it only with hellfire
and I think everyone agrees because before the patch I killed him with one weapon(all weapons) only imagine.The people cant play like that and we want to say- Not worth it! fuzzy bunny you scout and back to old version.
Out with the :angry: NEW :angry:  and in with the :) OLD :)

#111 27TechnoLP

27TechnoLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 08:32 AM

Its really hard wörk and the map is really great but please make a option that you can change the hud an de garage style. Can you do this please _ :) But the new leveling looks awsome ;-)

#112 27TechnoLP

27TechnoLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 08:35 AM

D4veMc, on September 14 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Posted ImageFireFenix97, on , said:

Out with the :angry: NEW :angry:  and in with the :) OLD :)

Yes please Hawken Team give us the old HUD back :) the map is great but the rest is not so good i hope you will agree the community :)

#113 orion12

orion12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 11:07 AM

I was once told by a great man if its not broken then don't fix it the old hawken is and was far better then the new
one as a result i don't think i will be play'n the new hawken as much as the old one. as far as i can see the new hawken
is more cartoon like aim'd at the younger people ie KINDER GARDEN. where as the old hawken was more grown up...........................

Edited by orion12, September 14 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#114 Architect

Architect

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 11:31 AM

I really like the patch and the way the game plays now. A lot of people don't seem to like the HUD, but I personally like it a few tweaks on the cross-hair design and a bit more color and it would be perfect. The map location is another thing many people complain about, but there really isn't a perfect place to put the map it can be be in the upper right, lower right or lower left. If so many people are actually against it, a option to place the map could be made available to them who dislike the current position, but for now I don't see a problem as I assume most won't mention it in three weeks time.

The tuning system is also a great idea that I like to experiment with, but I would suggest opening up more options for all Mechs when it comes to primary and secondaries more so for secondaries for right now.

Great job on the patch and can't wait to see clan support in the game and everything else you have for us in your upcoming patches.

#115 bigshoulders

bigshoulders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSeattle Area

Posted September 14 2013 - 01:34 PM

2:34 PDT - game servers are down.

#116 bigshoulders

bigshoulders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSeattle Area

Posted September 14 2013 - 01:35 PM

2:35 PDT - game servers are down

#117 Garx

Garx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

Posted September 14 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostMr_Anderson_1977, on September 13 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Yes, I want old hawken also...
in my opinion Ascension patch ruined a great game.
I am here since First closed Beta but for now I'll stop playing.

Thanks to all the players who I met during this year.

Mr_Anderson
ascension killed this game

Posted Image

#118 HeartBreakThree

HeartBreakThree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ascension worsen the on going balancing issue even more.

New tuning system have too many worthless spec on Secondary system, i specificly hate how you assigned "roles" to Brusier mech in which I can't use it without putting points into Air Dynamic. It should be an option for play style, not assigned.

New HUD and graphic too stressful on eyes to play.

I was a casual player pre-patch and i am going to be even more casual or not playing after patch.

#119 D4veMc

D4veMc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBrechin, Scotland

Posted September 14 2013 - 04:19 PM

Everyone should go and vote in the " Poll: Ascension or Open Beta_ " So we can all see and get a better picture of what people are thinking..

#120 Noblesse_0blige

Noblesse_0blige

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 05:27 PM

After reading through most of the forums about the new patch, I am disappointed.

seems to be like people arnt happy unless they are pubstomping noobs in their OP Mechs like pre-update. You claim this was a skill based game yet you want your pre-update game back. Sorry but for new comers like me it was hell, I had to work hard just to enjoy the game against people who quite simply had much more powerful mechs than me.

Now since update I am actually doing extremely well and enjoying all the new options available and for the most part being matched up with people I at least am at the same level with, knowing they have the same tune points as me etc is alot more fun than in pre-update.

Sorry,but if you can't handle it now that everyone is matched up to roughly to their own level (Same tune points/Mods etc) then you're not good at the game.

Adapt and stick with it ffs, its been out for a week and most people are already giving up on it.

Pathetic.
Posted Image

"Nobility Obligates"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users