HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension has arrived!

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#81 SlaughterLord

SlaughterLord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 12 2013 - 10:50 PM

What have you done _ You ruined a great game ! This sh*t is unplayable ! Old Hawken was cool fun, but new one suxxx a lot ! You have changed the gameplay mechanics. I´m really pissed about this new update. I WANT THE OLD HAWKEN BACK !!! You have destroyed my favorite online game. Thx for that !!

Will uninstall this cr*p and going with other games like World of Tanks or buying old Mechwarrior games.

SL

#82 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostSlaughterLord, on September 12 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

What have you done _ You ruined a great game ! This sh*t is unplayable ! Old Hawken was cool fun, but new one suxxx a lot ! You have changed the gameplay mechanics. I´m really pissed about this new update. I WANT THE OLD HAWKEN BACK !!! You have destroyed my favorite online game. Thx for that !!

Will uninstall this cr*p and going with other games like World of Tanks or buying old Mechwarrior games.

SL
Rah, etc.

#83 stefano72

stefano72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted September 13 2013 - 03:09 AM

team hawken,
i honestly think that the only good thing is the new map.....
the previous version was  so good and the system based on the players' rating perfect. Teams are totally unbalanced. You could see matches ending like 5 - 40......
Yesterday i made like 10 kills and dozens of victims, because i can play only vs advanced pilots, but I'm not.
I did not enjoy.
Also, there is something with the colors that doesn't allow me to see..... I am not able to play anymore...
I wish you will go back to the previous system, otherwise i can only stop playing......

#84 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 13 2013 - 03:18 AM

The new map is perfect for Siege, This time no rant . :P
Can you become my nemesis_..

View PostArccBR, on October 14 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#85 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted September 13 2013 - 03:21 AM

Where is the Detonation device_

There has *obviously* been a small oversight, and you have forgotten to put it into the list of internals. It's o.k. - I forgive you. If you could just patch it back in for me a.s.a.p. :D

Everything else is groovy, thanks devs!

Edited by DaPheel, September 13 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#86 Shevas

Shevas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 04:35 AM

Sharp79ita, on September 12 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

ahahah nice work_ the game now is unplayable! s h i t upgrade! we want back my mechs performance.... unbalanced team in game.... you ahve ruined best online game for me and my team. I will uninstall it, never play. Bye Meteor!

Yes, it is very bad update. Now it is not Fun game, Sorry.

#87 Shevas

Shevas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 04:38 AM

SlaughterLord, on September 12 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

I WANT THE OLD HAWKEN BACK !!! You have destroyed my favorite online game. Thx for that !!

Yes, I want old hawken also.

#88 HaruIjima

HaruIjima

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGranada - España

Posted September 13 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostShevas, on September 13 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

I WANT THE OLD HAWKEN BACK !!! You have destroyed my favorite online game. Thx for that !!

Me too... bad update

Descubre un nuevo mundo de posibilidades...

#89 psychozzilla

psychozzilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 06:20 AM

i dont like this patch..: now howken its more frenetic and unplayable.. its funnny for only expert player with good pc who can use light class mechs. the scouts for example was the most hated enemie.. and now its more hated!! i tryed my max scout but i cant play with max fluidity with my pc... i dont enjoy the game its not equilibrate. inquired hawken has lost the immersion in the game, i remember my first entry in my first fuzzy bunny recruit hehe was awsome! total immersion in my mech, cause of new hud has lost this sensation. i hate the new view finder.. i can just use only brusier with follower hellfire heheh for take some kills, i really hate the new scoreboard: the purpose of the game is who make more kills win, ok so... why fuzzy bunny the player cant to see the kills, the deaths and assist of other mechs_____ i dont understand what the facking is these "ping" in my opinion these pings not needed to consult the result of metch!!! on this road im sure i cant pay other for meteor points.. and i dont sure to continue to play.. im sad .. and im sorry for my bad english

#90 WarProtocol

WarProtocol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationBattlefield

Posted September 13 2013 - 06:28 AM

real warriors don't moan, real warriors adapt B)
HWK_Wallpaper1440x900.jpg
PL-1683:Obliteratus - Rocketeer
L2: Spark  - Scout
L2: Thunder Wasp - Reaper
"War, war never changes..." Touche!! :D

#91 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 13 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostHaruIjima, on September 13 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

Me too... bad update

View PostShevas, on September 13 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

Sharp79ita, on September 12 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

ahahah nice work_ the game now is unplayable! s h i t upgrade! we want back my mechs performance.... unbalanced team in game.... you ahve ruined best online game for me and my team. I will uninstall it, never play. Bye Meteor!

Yes, it is very bad update. Now it is not Fun game, Sorry.

To all of you:

Posted Image
(which is totall fuzzy bunny)

Else i would like.
Can you become my nemesis_..

View PostArccBR, on October 14 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#92 FireFenix97

FireFenix97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 06:56 AM

Real warriors fuzzy bunny you man(no offense) this is a fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny . Noob vs Noob is not good .the "new player" cant
learn anything from a "stupid" noob but he can learn a tactis a particle dodge from a superior player and he learn all the secrets of hawken . Or a good player cant play hawken (is in another country for a long time) forget his strategy and he want start with noobs players because he is a noob again no a crazy man want powerful player to brag and say -I m the best ! No you are a nerd! Hawken is fun and cooperative no a stupid game with "the lone wolf" that goes alone and kill everyone . When the "new"players will see this they will go bored with the monotony and will not remain to say I will fight! This is what I think. but i m sure of that -some good player will say fuzzy bunny you. I bet 10.000 $$$.

ps: where is the italian and other languages!!!

Edited by FireFenix97, September 13 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#93 D4veMc

D4veMc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBrechin, Scotland

Posted September 13 2013 - 10:45 AM

Hate Ascension, going to give up on the game for now as I am not enjoying it anymore after the update.
I have tried to get use to it and was hoping to be able to enjoy again but its not happening.
Give us back the open beta parts of the game that we want back or the option of using them.
I agree 100% with all the negative points about Ascension that are on the forum and I feel that the
game has gone backwards not forward..... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

#94 kisapmata

kisapmata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 13 2013 - 10:49 AM

I have a problem with mine.. I have five fully ranked up mechs from OB.. but I have to purchased the chasis of these 5 mechs  to unlocked rank 2 to rank 5... does this happen to everyone_

#95 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 13 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostD4veMc, on September 13 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Hate Ascension, going to give up on the game for now as I am not enjoying it anymore after the update.
I have tried to get use to it and was hoping to be able to enjoy again but its not happening.
Give us back the open beta parts of the game that we want back or the option of using them.
I agree 100% with all the negative points about Ascension that are on the forum and I feel that the

Can you speak a bit specifically to your own wants_ Meaning, what parts are you speaking of that would you like "back"_

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#96 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted September 13 2013 - 11:01 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on September 13 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Can you speak a bit specifically to your own wants_ Meaning, what parts are you speaking of that would you like "back"_

I think most can agree with the Health and fuel bar, it is pretty annoying.

We can also agree with the internals, they are crazy, unrealistic and kind of unblancing in my opinion.

The tuning points are also weird, I mean radar and hydraulics on reaper_

These are main parts of the Hawken negative aspecs from my view.

EDIT: But in general I think we all agree FOR an option to select the old/new HUD or in any other section, customizing our GUI.

Edited by FakeName, September 13 2013 - 11:18 AM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#97 rejwen

rejwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted September 13 2013 - 12:40 PM

The Internals, Health and Fuel bar in Hawken: Ascension = More unrealistic mech control  
I think that is the problem :(

Edited by rejwen, September 13 2013 - 12:43 PM.

sorry for my english

#98 MazeWithHaze

MazeWithHaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIn a fern, peeking at the world.

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:12 PM

Take it easy people! Yes the patch changes a lot, I mean I'm having a lot of difficulty getting used to it as well, but it's all for the better. I was a decent player, always finishing in the top 3 in matches, but ever since this patch my performance has dropped a lot. So what_ I'll adapt to the new smooth playing style and get better. The amount of positive changes in this patch outshines the negative by far.
  • Performance boost. WHOOOOOO! I used to run 14xx*900 on low graphics with 40-30 fps and now I'm at medium, same resolution 50-40 fps. Except in Last Eco, damn that map is demanding.
  • Nice polished menus.
  • I like the new item system although I think slots required should match Mk #.
  • Great tuning system, would like a few more points, 35 maybe_
  • More mech costumization with elite parts, drones, boosters, not very different though.
  • Don't mind the new minimap, needs some getting used to. Maybe a bit bigger icons that pop to make it easier on the eyes.
  • Internals system needs balancing.
  • Crosshair are a bit hard to distingiush. Hard to see hit/lock on marker. The satisfying bleep killnoise is still here! Would be nice to know when weapons are ready.
  • Health and fuel bar more informing in battle but ruins immersion. Worth the trade-off I suppose.
  • Ally health bars turn red at low HP. How did this seem like a good idea_ O_o
  • Need the old ranking system.
  • Bring the change team button back.
  • Needs a lot of adjusting to the new playstyle but that couldn't be avoided really.
This is my feedback on the patch.

Edited by MazeWithHaze, September 13 2013 - 01:14 PM.

How to properly insult a Hawken pilot:"You're a waste of good cavorite."

#99 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostFakeName, on September 13 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

I think most can agree with the Health and fuel bar, it is pretty annoying.

We can also agree with the internals, they are crazy, unrealistic and kind of unblancing in my opinion.

The tuning points are also weird, I mean radar and hydraulics on reaper_

These are main parts of the Hawken negative aspecs from my view.

EDIT: But in general I think we all agree FOR an option to select the old/new HUD or in any other section, customizing our GUI.

Not everyone dislikes the health and fuel bar like you are mentioning so yes the solution becomes about allowing users a choice in what they want to see but this requires time. With that in mind the alternate options still need to be designed, implemented and we can't just simply go back to the way things were. Everyone's loving the performance improvements but people don't realize the hold HUD was part of the reason for the performance problems.

So yes! People want options and we'd LOVE to offer more of them for players, truly but customizing the HUD is a new feature and we're squashing bugs and other issues right now from this update. Hopefully those who don't like the health and fuel bars can continue to enjoy the game regardless until there are more options for players.

The other stuff_ Yup we're working!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#100 D4veMc

D4veMc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBrechin, Scotland

Posted September 13 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hi, I dont like new build, The graphics are too flashy very strainfull to the eyes everything blends in so nothing really stands out. In the new cockpit it sucks, everything flashes red and blue the crosshair is dull and hard to see with all the cartoonish flashing  health and fuel bars.

Enemy and friendly indicators "also cartoonish" are not distinct enough and also flashing red for the friendly side just to add more chaos into the mix, people often find them self shooting at teammates since their indicator's border flashes upon receiving damage. Shooting animation and sounds was better before The radar is too low, dull and completely useless at the bottom of the screen The old radar was great as far as being able to glance and tell where someone was. Now for "Autobalance" don`t you mean "auto un-balance".

Too many mechs in the garage so give us a delete or sell Tab

The whole game has changed  but not for the better its like a total different game, hawken is now unplayable for many or not enjoyed as much as the old one. I would like to see a re-think on this patch due to lots of unhappy players and what also looks like less people playing this game.

F,A,Q,s about all the bad points people brought up on the forums would be nice, give people that took the time to post some comments, points or questions would like some answer about what your going to do about this patch instead of blanking every unhappy player

"Old Hawken was cool fun"  ! HATE THE NEW PATCH !

Edited by D4veMc, September 14 2013 - 03:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users