HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension has arrived!

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#121 Septivium

Septivium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostHeartBreakThree, on September 14 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Ascension worsen the on going balancing issue even more.

New tuning system have too many worthless spec on Secondary system, i specificly hate how you assigned "roles" to Brusier mech in which I can't use it without putting points into Air Dynamic. It should be an option for play style, not assigned.

New HUD and graphic too stressful on eyes to play.

I was a casual player pre-patch and i am going to be even more casual or not playing after patch.

I dont see how the Bruiser is unusable without making it fly better... (you do realize this does nothing for your boost right_)

The Tuning points make sense .. mechs are not all going to have the exact same subsystems to be tuned or altered .. why would you tune the same subsystems on a long range suppression type like the Bruiser as you would on a short range hit and run assassin like the Raider_

reason_ .. because that's stupid...

Every mech has a personality and everyone can equip them and tune them to their liking.

the old trees where sooooo stupid .. and the old internals were a joke .. I feel that my mech is mine .. tuned as I like it, equipped as I like it. for me.
Posted Image

#122 D4veMc

D4veMc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBrechin, Scotland

Posted September 14 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostNoblesse_0blige, on September 14 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

After reading through most of the forums about the new patch, I am disappointed.

seems to be like people arnt happy unless they are pubstomping noobs in their OP Mechs like pre-update. You claim this was a skill based game yet you want your pre-update game back. Sorry but for new comers like me it was hell, I had to work hard just to enjoy the game against people who quite simply had much more powerful mechs than me.

Now since update I am actually doing extremely well and enjoying all the new options available and for the most part being matched up with people I at least am at the same level with, knowing they have the same tune points as me etc is alot more fun than in pre-update.

Sorry,but if you can't handle it now that everyone is matched up to roughly to their own level (Same tune points/Mods etc) then you're not good at the game.

Adapt and stick with it ffs, its been out for a week and most people are already giving up on it.

Pathetic.
Adapt and stick with it you say !!!!! People are already giving up on it you say !!!!!!!

May be that,s why your actually doing " extremely well " as you put it..

Less players cos its C R A P now

Edited by D4veMc, September 14 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#123 Septivium

Septivium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostD4veMc, on September 14 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

After reading through most of the forums about the new patch, I am disappointed.

seems to be like people arnt happy unless they are pubstomping noobs in their OP Mechs like pre-update. You claim this was a skill based game yet you want your pre-update game back. Sorry but for new comers like me it was hell, I had to work hard just to enjoy the game against people who quite simply had much more powerful mechs than me.

Now since update I am actually doing extremely well and enjoying all the new options available and for the most part being matched up with people I at least am at the same level with, knowing they have the same tune points as me etc is alot more fun than in pre-update.

Sorry,but if you can't handle it now that everyone is matched up to roughly to their own level (Same tune points/Mods etc) then you're not good at the game.

Adapt and stick with it ffs, its been out for a week and most people are already giving up on it.

Pathetic.
Adapt and stick with it you say !!!!! People are already giving up on it you say !!!!!!!

May be that,s why your actually doing " extremely well " as you put it..

Less players cos its C R A P now

In your opinion maybe.

I see plenty of players. and hopefully there will be many more .. and good for the new players that people like you wont be able to go into servers full of beginners and stomp on them ...

thats the kind of fuzzy bunny that drives new players away from the game.

I've been having a great time. The game was good, now its better.
Posted Image

#124 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted September 14 2013 - 06:25 PM

Pathetic.

I find it amusing that you dont see that there was much less of a power difference between mechs pre-Ascension, making it more skills based. The difference between level 1 mech and level 25 mech was 3-5%, making the level difference pratically negligible. No mech was technically OP with such power differences. You really only got stomped if the other person was more skilled than you. Now, the power difference between a level 1 pilot and a level 30 pilot, plus rank unlocks, is much higher. A level 23 pilot will get stomped by level 30 pilots pretty much most of the time JUST BECAUSE that pilot is level 30 and has power advantages due to his/her level, not necessarily their skill. Less about skill, more about the grind. Also, vertical progression doesn't help.

Also, level 30 pilots are basically anbody who's logged enough hours. Meaning the player who just recently got to level 30 (maybe a former 1600 MMR player) can be matched up against people like Xacius (2400+ MMR) who's arguably one of the best players to touch the game right now. That's insane. Talk about completely broken matchmaking systems, I'd actually prefer the MMR system at this point because it at least INDICATED somewhat the skill level, not the grind level. It also gave you a choice if you wanted the challenge or the PUG. New system allows no choice in the matter. Options are magic.

Old system: sees 2100+ MMR room, knows own skills cannot match up, seeks room more oriented to personal skill level.

New system: Is level 30, cannot join lower level servers, doesn't know if the room of level 30 is full of former 1600 MMR players or former 2200+ MMR players. Joins and gets ass kicked, but he had no choice because it was not provided.

Edited by Silverfire, September 14 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#125 HeartBreakThree

HeartBreakThree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 14 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostSeptivium, on September 14 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

New tuning system have too many worthless spec on Secondary system, i specificly hate how you assigned "roles" to Brusier mech in which I can't use it without putting points into Air Dynamic. It should be an option for play style, not assigned.

I was a casual player pre-patch and i am going to be even more casual or not playing after patch.

I dont see how the Bruiser is unusable without making it fly better... (you do realize this does nothing for your boost right_)

The Tuning points make sense .. mechs are not all going to have the exact same subsystems to be tuned or altered .. why would you tune the same subsystems on a long range suppression type like the Bruiser as you would on a short range hit and run assassin like the Raider_

Every mech has a personality and everyone can equip them and tune them to their liking.

the old trees where sooooo stupid .. and the old internals were a joke .. I feel that my mech is mine .. tuned as I like it, equipped as I like it. for me.

1) Of course brusier is still usable but its like it just got a big nerf in mobility unless you spec it with Air Dynamic which is what I am doing. (And yes I know it does nothing to boost/walkspeed/dodge etc, in case you missed it that is why i complain in the first place).
2) I did not ask to be able to tune the brusier to hit and run machine like raider but some more mobility in closer range would be nice.

I agreed the old trees where every mechs are the same doesn't make sense but the new tree just take it to another end of extreme by ensuring there is only ONE way for each mech to play (unless you dont want to win).  Yes you can tune it as you like it and glad to hear you feel that your mech is yours, because I feel that my mech is yours too.

On the side note I do like the new item/interval slot system, they are quite fun to put together.

#126 Septivium

Septivium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostHeartBreakThree, on September 14 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

1) Of course brusier is still usable but its like it just got a big nerf in mobility unless you spec it with Air Dynamic which is what I am doing. (And yes I know it does nothing to boost/walkspeed/dodge etc, in case you missed it that is why i complain in the first place).
2) I did not ask to be able to tune the brusier to hit and run machine like raider but some more mobility in closer range would be nice.

I agreed the old trees where every mechs are the same doesn't make sense but the new tree just take it to another end of extreme by ensuring there is only ONE way for each mech to play (unless you dont want to win).  Yes you can tune it as you like it and glad to hear you feel that your mech is yours, because I feel that my mech is yours too.

On the side note I do like the new item/interval slot system, they are quite fun to put together.

My Point on the air dynamics is that most players tend to spend little time in the air anyway. you could tune it to be more useful in other situations and not just to be in the air alot of the time. (If you spend lots of your time in the air, you can at least be happy that the Bruiser has the ability to improve in this area while other mechs do not.)

I am not saying the balance is right yet. and the devs have already said that mech balance will come with more data post-patch.

but I feel that the new system is a step in the right direction and I find tuning the mech and spending time tweeking things in the garage is much more fun. + the gameplay of the battles themselves are just as great as they were.

----------------------------

@Silverfire on match up balance.

The level system is designed so that you can enter games with those as close to your own pilot level as possible. This makes the mechs roughly similar in terms of tuning points and unlocked equipment and internals.  Yes it may need tightening or altering and they ARE looking at this.

However with the old trees the 3.5% is misleading, you can get a 3.5% buff to damage yes, but you also get higher rate of fire, better armor, better cooling and so on.

A bad player with bad stats with the 3.5% buff vs new players with bad stats without the buff is at a significant advantage. (plus you have to take into account the lack of experience and knowledge of the maps etc for the new players)

The differences are now higher between new mechs and older mechs, but you will never be matched up together so its not as big of an issue.

And SHOULD help keep newer players interested in the game and keep them playing.

I honestly found this game difficult to stick with pre-patch, the battles where great but there was nothing to do and the garage and customization I love in mech games was simply dull

Edited by Septivium, September 15 2013 - 05:18 AM.

Posted Image

#127 Garx

Garx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

Posted September 15 2013 - 09:27 AM

Ascension =
Posted Image

Posted Image

#128 Noblesse_0blige

Noblesse_0blige

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostSilverfire, on September 14 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Pathetic.

I find it amusing that you dont see that there was much less of a power difference between mechs pre-Ascension, making it more skills based. The difference between level 1 mech and level 25 mech was 3-5%, making the level difference pratically negligible. No mech was technically OP with such power differences. You really only got stomped if the other person was more skilled than you. Now, the power difference between a level 1 pilot and a level 30 pilot, plus rank unlocks, is much higher. A level 23 pilot will get stomped by level 30 pilots pretty much most of the time JUST BECAUSE that pilot is level 30 and has power advantages due to his/her level, not necessarily their skill. Less about skill, more about the grind. Also, vertical progression doesn't help.

Also, level 30 pilots are basically anbody who's logged enough hours. Meaning the player who just recently got to level 30 (maybe a former 1600 MMR player) can be matched up against people like Xacius (2400+ MMR) who's arguably one of the best players to touch the game right now. That's insane. Talk about completely broken matchmaking systems, I'd actually prefer the MMR system at this point because it at least INDICATED somewhat the skill level, not the grind level. It also gave you a choice if you wanted the challenge or the PUG. New system allows no choice in the matter. Options are magic.

Old system: sees 2100+ MMR room, knows own skills cannot match up, seeks room more oriented to personal skill level.

New system: Is level 30, cannot join lower level servers, doesn't know if the room of level 30 is full of former 1600 MMR players or former 2200+ MMR players. Joins and gets ass kicked, but he had no choice because it was not provided.

The match making is pretty broken, but they have mentioned they would fix that.

I was in a game with level 19's-20's when am level 8, which really shouldn't happen.

The thing that annoyed me most about the community was all the QQ's talking about quitting when everyone knows the game is a working progress. Pre-beta had its issues and ascension has its issues but i'll say ascension is better in my opinion.

Edited by Noblesse_0blige, September 15 2013 - 10:48 AM.

Posted Image

"Nobility Obligates"

#129 Garx

Garx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

Posted September 15 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostNoblesse_0blige, on September 15 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

View PostSilverfire, on September 14 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Pathetic.

The match making is pretty broken, but they have mentioned they would fix that.

I was in a game with level 19's-20's when am level 8, which really shouldn't happen.

The thing that annoyed me most about the community was all the QQ's talking about quitting when everyone knows the game is a working progress. Pre-beta had its issues and ascension has its issues but i'll say ascension is better in my opinion.
they work 4 moths to relase this patch broken_ Meteor most serious enterprise
i wish this game will die thanks developers

Posted Image

#130 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted September 15 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostGarx, on September 15 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

they work 4 moths to relase this patch broken_ Meteor most serious enterprise
i wish this game will die thanks developers

Where is the Unlike This button_

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#131 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted September 15 2013 - 12:36 PM

they work 4 moths to relase this patch broken_
They work those 4 moths very hard. They should be replaced by hamsters.
I've heard that the warframe devs use hamsters. It seems to work well for them.

#132 Garx

Garx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

Posted September 15 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostLucier, on September 15 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

they work 4 moths to relase this patch broken_
They work those 4 moths very hard. They should be replaced by hamsters.
I've heard that the warframe devs use hamsters. It seems to work well for them.
so this is the end for me
uninstall hawken

Posted Image

#133 Osiris13

Osiris13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 01:27 PM

I generally do not post but feel I need to based on this update.  I have not read each and every post so I may reiterate things that have already been mentioned.

I am not a big gamer.  Over the past several years I have only played a handful of games (Diablo II, BioShock series, etc..)  I really only started playing Hawken because I received free Meteor credits from BioShock Infinite.  At the time I did not even know Hawken could have been played for free.

I defiantly do not like this new update.  Minus all the tuning, internals, etc, it just plays different, not the same feel at all.

I would consider myself an average player, maybe slightly above.  My rank, pre-update, was usually around 1800, give or take a hundred depending on my play.  Now I am sure I get stuck playing against pre-update ranks of 2200+.  Now on the battle field this regularly seems to happen.  Oh, I see an enemy mech.  Yep he sees me now to.  Exchange a few rounds, bang, boom, hey where did he go and I then explode.  Yea that’s fun on a regular basis.

Here are several things that too me are just ridicules.
  • The new player rank is plain dumb.  Player is based on time spent now not skill.  If you play long enough you will get to player level 30.
  • The Scout is just plain stupid fast now.  I have a Raider that I could not outrun a Scout.  I must say I do not have the Boost or Hydraulics maxed but with the Blitz, at least in the old system, I could have outrun a Scout.  Also in a 1 vs 1 you stand zero chance in a C class vs a Scout.  The Scout is so fast you can’t even shoot it.
  • Some of the internals are just plain dumb.  Take the Fuel Converter for example.  At best this gives you 2% fuel for damage taken.  Useless!  Do the math, say you have a Reaper with maxed out armor (640).  If you take 600 damage, which leaves you with 40 health, drum roll please, you get a whole 12 back in fuel.  Wow 12, useless!  And with 40 health left do you really think 12 fuel is going to help in any way to get out of a fight before you die_
  • Last but defiantly not least is the game balancing.  Game matching/balancing is completely ridicules.  95+% of the games I have played have scores like 10-38, 14-40,7-35, etc…  You are either on the team that gets destroyed or dominates.

I have more but I dint like typing and I am sure it has been mentioned.

#134 Septivium

Septivium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostOsiris13, on September 15 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

I generally do not post but feel I need to based on this update.  I have not read each and every post so I may reiterate things that have already been mentioned.

I am not a big gamer.  Over the past several years I have only played a handful of games (Diablo II, BioShock series, etc..)  I really only started playing Hawken because I received free Meteor credits from BioShock Infinite.  At the time I did not even know Hawken could have been played for free.

I defiantly do not like this new update.  Minus all the tuning, internals, etc, it just plays different, not the same feel at all.

I would consider myself an average player, maybe slightly above.  My rank, pre-update, was usually around 1800, give or take a hundred depending on my play.  Now I am sure I get stuck playing against pre-update ranks of 2200+.  Now on the battle field this regularly seems to happen.  Oh, I see an enemy mech.  Yep he sees me now to.  Exchange a few rounds, bang, boom, hey where did he go and I then explode.  Yea that’s fun on a regular basis.

• The new player rank is plain dumb.  Player is based on time spent now not skill.  If you play long enough you will get to player level 30.
  • The Scout is just plain stupid fast now.  I have a Raider that I could not outrun a Scout.  I must say I do not have the Boost or Hydraulics maxed but with the Blitz, at least in the old system, I could have outrun a Scout.  Also in a 1 vs 1 you stand zero chance in a C class vs a Scout.  The Scout is so fast you can’t even shoot it.
  • Some of the internals are just plain dumb.  Take the Fuel Converter for example.  At best this gives you 2% fuel for damage taken.  Useless!  Do the math, say you have a Reaper with maxed out armor (640).  If you take 600 damage, which leaves you with 40 health, drum roll please, you get a whole 12 back in fuel.  Wow 12, useless!  And with 40 health left do you really think 12 fuel is going to help in any way to get out of a fight before you die_
  • Last but defiantly not least is the game balancing.  Game matching/balancing is completely ridicules.  95+% of the games I have played have scores like 10-38, 14-40,7-35, etc…  You are either on the team that gets destroyed or dominates.

Player rank has nothing to do with skill .. and noone has ever said it did (nor should anyone have expected it to be). the player rank is only there so they can match you up as closely as possible to players with a similar number of tuning points/internals/equipment unlocks etc. meaning the machines are matched up to be fairly equal. ... the players make the difference.

I was under the impression that a player skill rank would be retained for match up purposes .. so they match the levels of the mechs AND the relative skills of the players at that level .. and put you all in a game. If this is not the case then I think it would be better if they did this.

Removing the current pilot level system, with the difference in power between new and fully upgraded mechs would be a complete disaster. but reinstating the old pilot rank to work with the level system should have you matched up in terms of both mech power and skill base.

----------------------------------------------

On internals and balance ... this patch was not made to address balance issues, it was simply to introduce the new tuning systems/pilot rank/internals/equipment etc. The devs have always said that they will balance later. They need more data to make choices on balance adjustments and they will come with time. We just need to be patient, it will come.

-----------------------------

View PostGarx, on September 15 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

Ascension =
Posted Image

... So ... Did you win_ ... :lol:

Edited by Septivium, September 15 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Posted Image

#135 HeartBreakThree

HeartBreakThree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostSeptivium, on September 15 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

View PostHeartBreakThree, on September 14 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

My Point on the air dynamics is that most players tend to spend little time in the air anyway. you could tune it to be more useful in other situations and not just to be in the air alot of the time. (If you spend lots of your time in the air, you can at least be happy that the Bruiser has the ability to improve in this area while other mechs do not.)

I am not saying the balance is right yet. and the devs have already said that mech balance will come with more data post-patch.

but I feel that the new system is a step in the right direction and I find tuning the mech and spending time tweeking things in the garage is much more fun. + the gameplay of the battles themselves are just as great as they were.

----------------------------

I supposed you are right about that, In my opinion the old tree made no difference between mechs and new tree made too much of a difference that I feel some spec were there just because they want to make that difference. The air dynamic thing is just not my type and I wish they would make another spec to support a different play style.

Might come back to try it once they have a balance patch out.

#136 Shevas

Shevas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 03:13 AM

so this is the end for me
uninstall hawken

So, uninstall this game also.
Sorry, it is not fun for me after update.

#137 Garx

Garx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

Posted September 17 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostSeptivium, on September 15 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I generally do not post but feel I need to based on this update.  I have not read each and every post so I may reiterate things that have already been mentioned.[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I am not a big gamer.  Over the past several years I have only played a handful of games (Diablo II, BioShock series, etc..)  I really only started playing Hawken because I received free Meteor credits from BioShock Infinite.  At the time I did not even know Hawken could have been played for free.[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I defiantly do not like this new update.  Minus all the tuning, internals, etc, it just plays different, not the same feel at all.[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I would consider myself an average player, maybe slightly above.  My rank, pre-update, was usually around 1800, give or take a hundred depending on my play.  Now I am sure I get stuck playing against pre-update ranks of 2200+.  Now on the battle field this regularly seems to happen.  Oh, I see an enemy mech.  Yep he sees me now to.  Exchange a few rounds, bang, boom, hey where did he go and I then explode.  Yea that’s fun on a regular basis.[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Here are several things that too me are just ridicules.[/font]
  • [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]The new player rank is plain dumb.  Player is based on time spent now not skill.  If you play long enough you will get to player level 30.[/font]
  • [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]The Scout is just plain stupid fast now.  I have a Raider that I could not outrun a Scout.  I must say I do not have the Boost or Hydraulics maxed but with the Blitz, at least in the old system, I could have outrun a Scout.  Also in a 1 vs 1 you stand zero chance in a C class vs a Scout.  The Scout is so fast you can’t even shoot it.[/font]
  • [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Some of the internals are just plain dumb.  Take the Fuel Converter for example.  At best this gives you 2% fuel for damage taken.  Useless!  Do the math, say you have a Reaper with maxed out armor (640).  If you take 600 damage, which leaves you with 40 health, drum roll please, you get a whole 12 back in fuel.  Wow 12, useless!  And with 40 health left do you really think 12 fuel is going to help in any way to get out of a fight before you die_[/font]
  • [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Last but defiantly not least is the game balancing.  Game matching/balancing is completely ridicules.  95+% of the games I have played have scores like 10-38, 14-40,7-35, etc…  You are either on the team that gets destroyed or dominates.[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]I have more but I dint like typing and I am sure it has been mentioned.[/font]

Player rank has nothing to do with skill .. and noone has ever said it did (nor should anyone have expected it to be). the player rank is only there so they can match you up as closely as possible to players with a similar number of tuning points/internals/equipment unlocks etc. meaning the machines are matched up to be fairly equal. ... the players make the difference.

I was under the impression that a player skill rank would be retained for match up purposes .. so they match the levels of the mechs AND the relative skills of the players at that level .. and put you all in a game. If this is not the case then I think it would be better if they did this.

Removing the current pilot level system, with the difference in power between new and fully upgraded mechs would be a complete disaster. but reinstating the old pilot rank to work with the level system should have you matched up in terms of both mech power and skill base.

On internals and balance ... this patch was not made to address balance issues, it was simply to introduce the new tuning systems/pilot rank/internals/equipment etc. The devs have always said that they will balance later. They need more data to make choices on balance adjustments and they will come with time. We just need to be patient, it will come.

Ascension =
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#138 Osiris13

Osiris13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostSeptivium, on September 15 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Ascension =
Posted Image

Sorry I did originally use the wrong terminology.  The new system is called Pilot Level not rank. Pilot Level has nothing to do with skill.  The old skill rank did.

They no longer display the old pre-update player skill so it can only be assumed this does not play a role in match making any longer.  This does seem apparent since match making/balancing seems very broken.

Here is a direct quote from the Launcher (patch notes) section “Players are matched onto a server based on primarily (but not exclusively) Pilot Level.”  So “primarily” match making is based on Pilot Level which has nothing to do with skill.  What is this other (but not exclusively) secret recipe they refer to_

I am also not referring to removing the Pilot Level but skill needs to be more of a primary decision for match making than Pilot Level.

I don’t think many would argue that a very skilled player using a mech with no tuning, internal, etc would 90% of the time destroy a low skilled player in a fully loaded mech.

#139 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 17 2013 - 06:29 PM

Not to completely derail the conversation but I thought I'd take a minute to give an update on how things are going.

We are still actively working on our hotfix with a target release of Thursday and as of now we're on track for that. Work began at the end of last week once we started seeing where the problem areas were popping up and we had our first release candidate today. There are a few more tweaks that need to be made based on testing results and we'll be testing again tomorrow with the hopes of it being the final version that goes out the day after. Patch note drafts are making their rounds as I type this and we're targeting to have those posted in the forums tomorrow. I've mentioned on other threads but some features aren't functioning as intended so this hotfix will make some modifications to how those features function as we continue to dive into deeper fixes for some of those issues. This hotfix is intended to help with match balancing, matchmaking results while also addressing a few gameplay balance concerns and a quick HUD contrast fix.

If you have interest in such things, our lock date for our next content update is coming up on 9/26 and while I won't go into too many details yet, the HAWKEN team is looking to bring you Co-Op, a new mech, UI updates, bug fixes, tweaks and more. Remember, content lock doesn't mean a release date, it just means that internally all teams (who have work scheduled for that release) need to have their work checked in, complete and ready for rounds of polish, bug fixing and stabilization. That's targeting next month for a release but we're eager to see how the hotfix improves things for players on Thursday and we'll continue to make changes as needed.

Thanks everyone!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#140 aToastfan

aToastfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted September 17 2013 - 07:02 PM

Love the details of the design processes you're communicating! Great knowing what the developers are up to. Looking forward to how the game pans out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users