HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Un-Official Maps and Info of Illal and it's Solar System

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#121 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted March 06 2014 - 04:46 PM

Updated the locations map to show Bunker, which is located in the desolate southern Arctus region.

Edited by SandSpider, September 14 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#122 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 14 2014 - 07:54 AM

Any new info comming soon_
I`ll fix it later.

#123 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted March 14 2014 - 09:39 AM

Smart art and great physics details.

I wish I hadn't somehow run out of positive votes for the day. :D

#124 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostAregon, on March 14 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

Funny you should say that, I've just finished a new set of textures.  I've added a lot more detail and colour to the cities and changed the Prosk coastline slightly. I've added water pollution around the Prosk coastline as well. Another thing that I've done, is expand the area of the Giga Structure. I've also darkened it slightly to make it stand out more.

I'm going to try and make a new animation of the planet and of course, some new illustrations :D

#125 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostSandSpider, on March 15 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

View PostAregon, on March 14 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

Funny you should say that, I've just finished a new set of textures.  I've added a lot more detail and colour to the cities and changed the Prosk coastline slightly. I've added water pollution around the Prosk coastline as well. Another thing that I've done, is expand the area of the Giga Structure. I've also darkened it slightly to make it stand out more.

I'm going to try and make a new animation of the planet and of course, some new illustrations :D
Can`t wait for it!
I`ll fix it later.

#126 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted March 15 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostSandSpider, on March 15 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

Looking forward to your work!

#127 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 12:28 PM

Well, here is the new map and other textures.

As I said a couple of posts up, the biggest changes are to Prosk and Sentium. I've added a lot more visible detail and more colour to them.

Andromeda, home to Prosk, on the left, Is a huge, sprawling, unorganised mess, full of vast factory and refinery complexes and cramped housing. Loosely evolved from the main Prosk hub, the city spread out in a random, unplanned way and eventually merged with several other smaller corporate cities.

Millions of tonnes of polluted waste is pumped into the ocean from the industrial sites along the coast.

Titan, home of Sentium, on the right, in contrast, was planned and built by some of the best architects around. Each sector of the massive city was designed by a different person and is now an architectural dream, boasting some of the largest most amazing buildings in the Terran Hyper Republic.

Titan is kept clean by an army of robots that still operate twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by SandSpider, March 26 2014 - 06:39 AM.

#128 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 12:44 PM

Isn`t it weird that one can look at Prosk as the bad guys, not having any system and believing more in human power then mechanical power_
I`ll fix it later.

#129 Ariexe

Ariexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted March 15 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostAregon, on March 15 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Isn`t it weird that one can look at Prosk as the bad guys, not having any system and believing more in human power then mechanical power_

all 3 corperations are the bad guys, Sentium is greedy and focusing on the richer population, wile prosk trys to tend to the weak at the sametime using them to try and get an upperhand at sentium, and crion, well the gigastructure
Posted Image

#130 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted March 15 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostAriexe, on March 15 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

all 3 corperations are the bad guys, Sentium is greedy and focusing on the richer population, wile prosk trys to tend to the weak at the sametime using them to try and get an upperhand at sentium, and crion, well the gigastructure

I doubt it's so simple as that: All the shades of grey in Genesis create a sense of complexity in the motives and outcomes of various key catalysts. No one is entirely defined by the metaphorical "white and black shades", but rather caught between them in a struggle of choice, circumstance--and eventual consequence.

So many feels in that story... ^_^

Given, each possesses an evident corruption. Albeit, what government system doesn't_
-

Already mentioned here:
https://community.pl...-i/#entry457915

But I digress.
-

Great work, Sandspider!

#131 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 01:52 PM

First illustration with the latest textures.

Posted Image

Edited by SandSpider, March 26 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#132 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 15 2014 - 03:20 PM

This looks more realistic than the others so far!  Hmmm... the weather looks very calm for Illal....  I would think the atmosphere would be more....murky, but I guess it's like this only to show how the land clearly looks!

#133 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 06:28 AM

Kobalt, Home of Crion Solutions. A vast man made island roughly the size of Spain and Portugal put together. Creator of the nano virus and giga structure that is slowly covering the planet. The atmosphere were the giga structure is, is thin and toxic to humans, since the atmospheric possessors became infected and stopped working.

Posted Image

Andromeda, home of Prosk Industries. The Largest mega city on the planet that spans an area roughly the size of North America and Canada.

Posted Image

Last, but not least, Titan, home of Sentium Dynamics. The second largest mega city. A huge designer metropolis roughly the size of Europe, filled with massive buildings, lakes and parks.

Posted Image

#134 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 07:16 AM

I got to ask, do you want to join the Black Steel Brotherhood_
I`ll fix it later.

#135 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 06:32 AM

Wow, thanks for asking, but I play in the nooby ranks. I'm not very good at the game, so I wouldn't be much of an asset :unsure:

#136 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted March 27 2014 - 07:31 AM

View PostSandSpider, on March 27 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

Wow, thanks for asking, but I play in the nooby ranks. I'm not very good at the game, so I wouldn't be much of an asset :unsure:
Why would we care about that_ If we followed that logic we wouldn`t have me! :lol:

Join us, we know you want too...
I`ll fix it later.

#137 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted April 05 2014 - 04:55 AM

In the hills just north of Sentium's Tanev Vitrolium processing plant, a lone Axe is ambushed.

Posted Image

The moon Fennon can be see in the distance, with the lights of Kalisar shinning out.

Edited by SandSpider, April 05 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#138 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted April 05 2014 - 07:25 PM

Incredible, incredible, incredible.

If you need textures for Axes, I can do.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#139 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 01:20 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

#140 Brycko

Brycko

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationA place in physical space

Posted April 13 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostAriexe, on March 15 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

The beauty of the Hawken Universe is the way the factions are portrayed. Nobody is really good or bad. It just depends how you see it.
Personally, here are my views:

I see Sentium being the militarian might, professional and tightly put together. They are richer, and their corruption comes in the form of their money and power (and their greed for more of it). I see them taking up the least space on illal and in society as few people are as rich and powerful. I see them making up ~25% of the population, although it is probably argued less. Their theme colours are mainly dark blue. Their military can be described as small but effective. Their cities are built strong, and their metal shows strength in harsh conditions.

Prosk is more rebellious in every way. Owning the most land, Prosk takes up most of the planet, ~50% of land and population. Being rather loose and free, Prosk prides in being more powered by the average citizen. Their power derives from their size and people. They have a large but mediocre military, rather untrained but containing hidden skill (see Hawken Chronicles: Proteus). They are more open then the other two coporations. Their theme colours are mainly yellow. Their cities are more trashy, and are more than half built.  

Crion is seen as the scientists, being organised and modern. They are in between Prosk and Sentium in the social classing, and attempt to incorporate modern technology into their society. They invented most of the technology used on Illal, and sell it to factories in the other corporations. They had a mediocre military, with a strong stealth and elite branch, but concentrated more on developing robots for war, leaving their decent human army in the dust. Their themes are mainly white and light blue. Their cities are the cleanest, and are the most organised.

UTA (United Terran Authority) are the interstellar peacekeepers/police. Based on earth, they were formed to keep the colonies at peace, and can be related to as an interstellar and more powerful version of the 21st century's UN. They create the laws of Terran/Human space, and remain neutral, with their goal to peace-keep space. All corporations are leagued with the UTA. By law, anyone under the UTA is terran. If they are not, they are considered hostile or alien. This was the situation with Illal, when the corperations were quarantined. They were stripped of terran rights, not by choice, but because the interstellar laws couldn't be enforced. The UTA couldn't peace-keep, and decided they couldn't go to war with the corperations for political reasons and insufficient resources.

Explaining interstellar law: The UTA sets laws to keep the peace between governments and to any faction that can not or have not created their own government. The interstellar standards for a government were set, so that any government formed could have their own laws. Some laws are controlled and have to be passed through the UTA. They can be privately negotiated, but in most cases is polled throughout all colonies. Other laws are purely allowed to be government controlled.

Example of Interstellar law (passed through UTA): "The legal age for (...) on/in (planet/faction) territory is (age, age range)."

Example of Interstellar law (permanent): "Any faction preparing to war with another must officially declare war."

Example of government specific law: "No noises louder than (insert sound measurement) shall be heard by individuals on Sundays, unless they have an official exception."

or "Axes are not allowed to be active in public areas in times of peace."

I could write in detail about it faction/corporation forever, but i have other plans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users