HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension Hotfix - Patch Notes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#21 mookie_o_riley

mookie_o_riley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationFlamerock Refuge

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:44 PM

Ah man, two of these brought a big smile to my face. First and foremost getting rid of that connection error the first three or four times i try to join a match. Second, an improved reticle. Good stuff, though I was hoping to see: Reaper +2 across the board, lol.
       all war is deception      

#22 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:44 PM

So yes manual team switch button, or no_ If yes, then hurrah, but if no, why not_

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#23 TobsM

TobsM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:54 PM

There are a few more glitches on Last Eco. Do the clipping fixes also include the rocks_ And iirc there is a spot where one could get in between trees, being practically out of the map but still able to shoot at other players.

#24 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 07:07 PM

Personally pleased with the changes being implemented here and I think this is a step in the right direction.

However I hope we see a more fleshed out party system here soon to better support the competitive scene as well as making it easier to play with friends.

Posted Image

#25 Sam123456

Sam123456

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 07:25 PM

Ah man, me and 4 friends teamed up to play yesterday and that was the most fun I've ever had playing this game. Don't (permanently) take the ability to do this away from us!

#26 Xionos

Xionos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 07:25 PM

Are we going to see a move towards more immersion, or is this not being
considered_

Many players consider the new elements in acension to be unimmersive. The crosshair is of particular attention because we stare at it all the time. It's missing many key features that made you feel like you were in a vehicle such as the speedometer, altimeter, and compass.

Other elements include the overuse of large holograms and the large shield with "MATCH COUNTDOWN" in the beginning. Couldn't we achieve the same results with different approaches_

#27 Void2258

Void2258

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 07:44 PM

I still say kill bonus internals make no sense and have no place in the game. Your reward for a kill is that the player is out for a bit, and the kill itself. Stop making hidden killstreaks. Remove the kill bonus internals.

#28 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 07:47 PM

I agree I dont like kill bonuses as it just makes the strong stronger, but i am perfectly happy with death bonus internals (like the 15% dmg reduction one until you get a kill or two assists after dying), where the underdog gets a limited boost. In fact i would like to see a few more of these to help even up games.

#29 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on September 18 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostMolten, on September 18 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

The changes to internals completely miss the point and are terrible. For one, the power surger is completely useless if it doesn't apply the movement speed to boosting. For two, WarlordZ is right, the nerf to the armor fusor does not at all address the core problem with it, and the internals need to be massively changed instead of just nerfed. I'd rather have all internals be very powerful rather than all of them being barely noticeable like it was pre-ascension.

From the patch notes:

These adjustments are simply the first step in our evaluation on the intended functionality for certain internals, and more changes are planned for the future.

We're not finished evaluating internals yet, you can expect more adjustments and changes in the future.
We're glad to hear that you're listening.  We just want Hawken to be the best game it can be, and this is one of those things we don't think is a positive influence.

#30 Duke_Silver

Duke_Silver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted September 18 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostSam123456, on September 18 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Ah man, me and 4 friends teamed up to play yesterday and that was the most fun I've ever had playing this game. Don't (permanently) take the ability to do this away from us!

+1

Running with a consistent 5 man party has been my favorite part of the ascension update. I understand that bugs have to be worked through. I'm going to miss it though. :unsure:

#31 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted September 18 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on September 18 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

• Reduced max party size for team based game modes to help with unbalanced matches caused by parties.
      • Team Deathmatch: Max party size reduced from 12 to 3.

• Missile Assault: Max party size reduced from 12 to 3

• Siege: Max party size reduced from 12 to 3
Posted Image
You need to give parties of 12 the ability to select their team/move people around in the lobby. But I guess if its upsetting single player queue-d matches, then its a necessary bandaid.

However, nerfbatting the hell out of the fuzor and boost devices is not exactly the most stable intermediary step... People have *just* invested in those items, and now they are effectively useless. A bit too abrupt, stability is a factor when considering balance - good thing it's still beta I guess.

Edited by ReachH, September 18 2013 - 08:00 PM.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#32 Szei

Szei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:00 PM

Well that's frustrating. Just wasted 10,000 HC on internals I no longer want. =/ That's approximately 10 hours worth of gameplay down the drain just like that...

Edited by Szei, September 18 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#33 Volans

Volans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostReachH, on September 18 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Also nerfbatting the hell out of the fuzor and boost devices is not exactly the most stable intermediary step...

But it is an intermediary step after all, eh_ I think it's getting these changes, improvements or otherwise, that really counts. Internals are generally loads better than before, now it's finding that elusive sweet spot before beta ends.

As always, thanks devs :)

#34 DarkSpock

DarkSpock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostSzei, on September 18 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Well that's frustrating. Just wasted 10,000 HC on internals I no longer want. =/ That's approximately 10 hours worth of gameplay down the drain just like that...

Well if they implement a way to sell off items/internals/mechs we no longer want, it probably won't be that bad.

#35 psicobob

psicobob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPasadena, Texas

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:10 PM

honestly, what were you guys thinking with that party adjustment. other than this will work, we're sure of it. damn it i don't money into a game that stops me from being able to party with the max of one half of a team. i like a nice healthy party of 4 or so. now i know dropping money makes me no more special than anyone else. though i would expect they would poll for something like this and instead of enforcing something that feels like a rushed hot-fix and put more thought into maybe adding the option for bots, or even the ability to pull more parties together instead of just dropping them into vacant games. maybe even putting them into games that have the necessary slots on one side or another.

i know, i know this will fix a lot of the issues in this matchmaking game but still i can't help but feel jilted about it and left to do nothing, but be pissed off and fume about it. i'm really not trying to troll the devs i really love this game actually. i rarely dump money into a game where i can earn everything. again this makes me no more special than the person that earns it all through hard earned time and effort.
hell, i didn't even see a fix for the ever buggy voice system they have in the game. but they will nerf how many people can be in a single party_ i can't help but feel that is asinine.

#36 PartyTime

PartyTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Locationeast coast north america

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:12 PM

is this gonna be fixing the packetloss that many including myself are experiencing_ this is a new problem that i do not recall from alpha, beta, or even pre ascension for that matter, and its making games more stressful than they should be.

at least the blowout matches should be resolved for the most part, but does this game route through fuzzy bunny telia.net by any chance_

edit-

looks like my connection does route through telia.net to get to the hawken servers. this is probably another game I won't be able to play because of those swedish fuzzy bunny

Edited by PartyTime, September 18 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#37 Grogovich

Grogovich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thanks Dev Team :-)

To others talking about internals changes not being enough. This is a quick patch with probably only a weeks worth of dev time ( rest testing). You can not expect something major to be done in that time, only tweaks. These tweaks will then hold everything over until the next big patch.

#38 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:26 PM

Players can now join games within 8 levels of their Pilot Level. Increased from a range of 5 levels.

I assume this isn't the case for a lvl 1 right_ Please say this isn't the case for a level 1. You take into consideration what levels internals and items are unlocked at as well right_ Because those are unfair power spikes. I can understand much later in pilot levels.. but not low level. Or is the population dwindling/seperating out and we don't have enough ppl to play with each other now_

Armor Fusor - adjustment
Adv. Armor Fusor - adjustment

Has it not been painfully clear that none of us enjoyed any sort of bonus to players via a kill or death_ No matter how small_ Or is this a matter of you not being able to just remove them because ppl paid for them and you have to credit people and that takes more than a hotfix to do_ I can understand the later obviously.

Yes I say this while playing CoD: BO2 a lot lately.. and I can still say the only thing I hate about that game is the killstreaks (now scorestreaks).. everything else is amazingly polished except for that one glaring fault it feels it needs to have. And they keep nerfing them each iteration of the game as well because of people complaining about them.

#39 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:36 PM

• Fixed collision caused by some of the tree roots on the Last Eco map.

Yay :D
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#40 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:38 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on September 18 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

• Evasive Device
    • No longer grants bonus speed to boosting.

I proposed changes that would keep the relevance of the Evasive device, while bringing it more closely into line with overall game balance (https://community.pl...100#entry351563). But this solution technically nullifies any effectiveness this internal may have had. It's... effectively throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak. For mobility, modifiers to boost speed are absolutely critical for relevance.

Due to these changes, expect a shift towards internals that modify healing and health, as it's currently the only member of the trifecta ( the others being mobility and damage output) that are still relevant. We've sort of backslidden into old territory with this change: Only juggernaut builds will make any sense for the next patch.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users