HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN: Ascension Hotfix - Patch Notes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#1 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:01 PM

Posted Image

On Thursday, September 19, we will be deploying a minor hotfix for HAWKEN: Ascension. For this patch, we've implemented fixes for matchmaking, parties, team balance and more. Thanks for your understanding as we continue to make adjustments and improvements in order to make HAWKEN an enjoyable experience for everyone!

Special Notices

[*]Some players have experienced issues with account migration, such as not having Mech Ranks correctly unlocked, missing elite skins, missing Mech Ranks or Pilot Levels, etc. If you've encountered these problems or issues like them, please submit a ticket to Customer Support, and they will assist you in restoring your account to its correct state.

[*]Currently, players can accept a party invite after the party has already joined a match, which can lead to various problems. If you do join a party that has already deployed to a server, we recommend you leave the party to avoid complications.

[*]We have implemented a fix for the "Sync Failure" issue when attempting to join a match. This was resulting in players missing mech parts or items. If you experienced this problem and are still missing parts of your inventory, please contact Customer Support.
    [/list]General Improvements

We are working on a more comprehensive fix to address unbalanced matches caused by Matchmaking logic and large Parties. In the meantime, we’ve implemented some quick fixes to help with unbalanced matches while we work on the larger fix.

[*]Matchmaking

[*]Adjusted matchmaking logic for parties to help prevent unbalanced matches.
        [*]Added mid-match auto-balance to help with unbalanced teams.
        [*]When matchmaking, player skill is now weighted higher than Pilot Level.
        [*]Players can now join games within 8 levels of their Pilot Level. Increased from a range of 5 levels.
        [*]Players will no longer be placed into empty servers. They will instead remain in the matchmaking queue until an active server becomes available.
        [*]Adjusted advertising for better filtering. This will help match players into more appropriate servers.
        [*]Quick Match queue time out has been increased from 30 seconds to 5 minutes to give players more time to be placed into a match.
        [/list]
        [*]Parties

[*]Reduced max party size for team based game modes to help with unbalanced matches caused by parties.

[*]Team Deathmatch: Max party size reduced to 3.
            [*]Missile Assault: Max party size reduced to 3
            [*]Siege: Max party size reduced to 3
            [/list]
            [/list]
            [/list]Gameplay

[*]User Interface/HUD

[*]Made slight visual tweaks to improve center reticle contrast against brighter backgrounds.
                [*]Added scroll bar to party window to support parties of 12.
                [*]Updated game mode descriptions to include max party size for each mode.
                [/list]
                [*]Maps

[*]Fixed collision caused by some of the tree roots on the Last Eco map.
                  [/list]
                  [/list]Internals

After listening to and discussing the community response regarding internals, we've made a few slight adjustments to address some concerns. These adjustments are simply the first step in our evaluation on the intended functionality for certain internals, and more changes are planned for the future.

[*]Armor Fusor

[*]Decreased Armor generation from getting a Kill from 15% to 13%.
                      [*]Decreased Armor generation from getting an Assist from 7.5% to 6.5%.
                      [*]Increased duration of regeneration effect from 10 to 20 seconds.
                      [/list]
                      [*]Advanced Armor Fusor

[*]Decreased Armor generation from getting a kill from 25% to 20%.
                        [*]Decreased Armor generation from getting an assist from 15% to 13%.
                        [*]Increased duration of regeneration effect from 10 to 20 seconds.
                        [/list]
                        [*]Power Surger

[*]No longer grants bonus speed to boosting.
                          [/list]
                          [*]Basic Power Surger

[/list]
                            [*]Evasive Device

[/list]
                              [/list]Bug Fixes

[*]Fixed a bug where players would get a connection error after the deploy countdown completed.
                                [*]Fixed an issue that prevented players from changing their resolution or video settings
                                [/list]

Click here to view the article

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#2 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yay! Internal fixes, hopeful reticle contrast improvements, party system rebalance! Thanks ZC and ADH! Hurrah for fixes...Except.

Is there a manual team-switch button, or is the auto mid-match autobalancing going to move you without you knowing so_ Manual button is good option, so that we're not completely reliant on a system that we don't know exactly how it works. Not saying auto mid-match rebalancing won't work, but could you expand on that_

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#3 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:08 PM

Bravo adhesive, this is absolutely amazing!

EDIT: Can you give us the ability to queue as 12 into team based game modes_

Edited by Exeon, September 18 2013 - 06:12 PM.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#4 DarkSpock

DarkSpock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:08 PM

Armor Fusor
  • Decreased Armor generation from getting a kill from 25% to 20%.
  • Decreased Armor generation from getting an assist from 15% to 13%.
  • Increased duration of regeneration effect from 10 to 20 seconds.
Advanced Armor Fusor

• Decreased Armor generation from getting a Kill from 15% to 13%.
  • Decreased Armor generation from getting an Assist from 7.5% to 6.5%.

Advanced Armor Fusor vs Armor Fusor typo detected!

Edited by [HWK]ZamboniChaos, September 18 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#5 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:10 PM

Nice one.

#6 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:11 PM

Players will no longer be placed into empty servers. They will instead remain in the matchmaking queue until an active server becomes available.
Does this mean no servers will be opened via matchmaking and require server browsers to join empty games to create active servers_
Or does it simply mean that the MM will wait until a reasonable amount of players are waiting to queue them up in a new server_

Reduced max party size for team based game modes to help with unbalanced matches caused by parties.
Why not make parties fight eachother. You are limiting the amount of friends i can play with and also limiting the competitive scene simply because of a poorly design party system that allows premades to fight pugs. Reducing the amount of players won't fix the issue, it will only make it less noticeable but create other issues in the process..

• Added scroll bar to party window to support parties of 12.
DM premades rejoice!

• Made slight visual tweaks to improve center reticle contrast against brighter backgrounds.

Can we look forward to a total redesign of the HUD since a lot of very usefull information is missing or made considerably less noticeable_ Fixing the center crosshair doesn't help with hit recognition, primary and secondary cooldown, AA occupation, turn cap, etc...

Edited by h0B0, September 18 2013 - 06:19 PM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#7 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:11 PM

As frustrated as I've gotten with this new patch I still love this game![ mostly just getting used to it]. Personally Devs I think you guys are doing great. :)

#8 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostDarkSpock, on September 18 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Armor Fusor
  • Decreased Armor generation from getting a kill from 25% to 20%.
  • Decreased Armor generation from getting an assist from 15% to 13%.
Advanced Armor Fusor

• Decreased Armor generation from getting a Kill from 15% to 13%.
  • Decreased Armor generation from getting an Assist from 7.5% to 6.5%.

Advanced Armor Fusor vs Armor Fusor typo detected!

Thanks. Fixed!

@ZamboniChaos

#9 eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationEast

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image
[My MMR]
[Who is streaming HAWKEN right now_]
[Hawken Wishlist 2014.09.11]:
Spoiler

#10 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:16 PM

Could you be more specific about the mid match auto-balance addition_

#11 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:21 PM

Some good stuff in here BUT does it include a fix for the Oceanic servers which no one has been able to join at all, all week_

EDIT: Sorry was just informed that our servers will be working again by thisafternoon. Thankyou guys!

Edited by Aims, September 18 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#12 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:23 PM

So how are we supposed to make scrims happen now if max is 3 per party_

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#13 Dreadess

Dreadess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationIn your dreams

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:24 PM

I agree that I would like to know more about the mid-match autobalancing. How would this work if you are in a party_

The nerf to those internals was a must. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I look forward to the tweaking of the HUD as its much needed as well. Thanks Devs and keep up the good work!

#14 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:24 PM

The armor fusor changes look like an improvement in the area of internal vs internal balance.  However, the "on kill" condition will still make the internal favor the already-winning players over the underdogs.  All the numbers changes in the world won't fix that, it's a logic problem.

Also, I'm not sure what the speed boosters are for anymore_  If you don't give a speed bonus to boosting, you aren't really doing much for speed.

The rest looks great though.  Map fixes and especially matchmaking changes are greatly appreciated.

Edited by WarlordZ, September 18 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#15 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Posth0B0, on September 18 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

• Players will no longer be placed into empty servers. They will instead remain in the matchmaking queue until an active server becomes available.
Does this mean no servers will be opened via matchmaking and require server browsers to join empty games to create active servers_
Or does it simply mean that the MM will wait until a reasonable amount of players are waiting to queue them up in a new server_

Matchmaking will wait until there is enough players to start a match.

Why not make parties fight eachother. You are limiting the amount of friends i can play with and also limiting the competitive scene simply because of a poorly design party system that allows premades to fight pugs. Reducing the amount of players won't fix the issue, it will only make it less noticeable but create other issues in the process..

While this is something we would like to see in the future, it requires a significant amount of work to implement. It's not something suited for a hotfix, but a more complete patch.

In the meantime, we have made adjustments to party matchmaking to help prevent the unbalanced matches we were seeing. See this note in the patch notes above:

Adjusted matchmaking logic for parties to help prevent unbalanced matches.

@ZamboniChaos

#16 FuryMonster

FuryMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:31 PM

DAT 61.25% armor fuser nerf stronk_

i think the flat 25% nerf from 25% onkill > 20% was suffice :(

or 50% nerf from the duration increase alone would be enough

Edited by FuryMonster, September 18 2013 - 08:42 PM.

Want to watch high tier scrims, clan and league matches_ Check out my YouTube! --->https://www.youtube....low=grid&view=0

#17 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for making these changes so quickly and I look forward to seeing the reticle tweaks. Hopefully oceania servers will be working!

#18 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:33 PM

HERMES HAS BEEN NERFED! NOOOOO!!!! It was needed.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#19 Molten

Molten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:34 PM

The changes to internals completely miss the point and are terrible. For one, the power surger is completely useless if it doesn't apply the movement speed to boosting. For two, WarlordZ is right, the nerf to the armor fusor does not at all address the core problem with it, and the internals need to be massively changed instead of just nerfed. I'd rather have all internals be very powerful rather than all of them being barely noticeable like it was pre-ascension.

#20 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostMolten, on September 18 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

The changes to internals completely miss the point and are terrible. For one, the power surger is completely useless if it doesn't apply the movement speed to boosting. For two, WarlordZ is right, the nerf to the armor fusor does not at all address the core problem with it, and the internals need to be massively changed instead of just nerfed. I'd rather have all internals be very powerful rather than all of them being barely noticeable like it was pre-ascension.

From the patch notes:

These adjustments are simply the first step in our evaluation on the intended functionality for certain internals, and more changes are planned for the future.

We're not finished evaluating internals yet, you can expect more adjustments and changes in the future.

@ZamboniChaos

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users