HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

C-class artillery mech_

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 Volans

Volans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted October 19 2013 - 05:07 PM

View Postropefish, on October 19 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

View PostInfiniteWin, on October 19 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

C-Class Sniper, automatic zoom that only happens in turret mode. The mech gets 50% reduction in damage FROM BEHIND and takes 25% extra damage from the front.
that defeats the turret mode then :/

My first reaction is the same as ropefish's, then I was like "oh wait a minute, this is genius!"

the real threat to a sniper isn't the front, (you should be far from most really damaging atks) it's sneak attacks from the back

thinking about it that way, it becomes a pretty good turret mode

#22 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted October 19 2013 - 05:09 PM

also the sniper rifle could be a type of long range rail gun that does less damage close up but almost deadly from a distance
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#23 InfiniteWin

InfiniteWin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 02:36 AM

View Postropefish, on October 19 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

View PostInfiniteWin, on October 19 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostBeefsweat, on October 19 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostInfiniteWin, on October 19 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

This can be charged to create even more kinetic energy MOVING the target a direction on direct impact.

I liked your post all the way up until this point. That just sounds like stunlock's bastard cousin.
No, i kri ;( alright, remove the movement of an enemy, but charging the ATPES could be a good idea. More damage per shot, but more heat generation and even lower rate of fire.
i like this, but how about its 15-20 sec to fully charge and can do away 1/3 of a mechs current health
15-20 seconds_ Are you kidding me_ Well, then if it is 50% or more charged it becomes hitscan. Because that is too long for a projectile weapon.
InfiniteWin, winning all day, every day

#24 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostInfiniteWin, on October 20 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

This can be charged to create even more kinetic energy MOVING the target a direction on direct impact.

I liked your post all the way up until this point. That just sounds like stunlock's bastard cousin.
No, i kri ;( alright, remove the movement of an enemy, but charging the ATPES could be a good idea. More damage per shot, but more heat generation and even lower rate of fire.
i like this, but how about its 15-20 sec to fully charge and can do away 1/3 of a mechs current health
15-20 seconds_ Are you kidding me_ Well, then if it is 50% or more charged it becomes hitscan. Because that is too long for a projectile weapon.
if it dosnt have long charge people willl complain and say its OP
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "

#25 deeman010

deeman010

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 08:22 AM

View Postropefish, on October 20 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

That charge is so long the mech would literally be only be able to fire less than 50 times in one match. Assuming that it has something to fire at during every second of the match. Its DPS would also be super low. Math:

Assuming 1500 HP mech. 1/3 life per shot = 500 burst damage = A laughable 33.33...... DPS weapon
Assuming 490 HP (so as to not be too imba; meaning considering lowest HP mech) 1/3 life = 160+ damage burst = 10.67 DPS weapon

A weapon that charges for 15-20 seconds is not viable unless it was given something extremely OP for a primary (I'm assuming this is a secondary to make it balanced just for this mech) which is probably not going to happen. A 5 second wait for a full charge would be... much more preferable.... but the mech would still be extremely niche and would still be considered OP by many (imagine the burst damage combo potential). I like the idea of a C-class sniper but just give it something similar to the current weapons and an enhanced turret mode. What I think we really need is an artillery mech, similar to that pic posted in the 1st page. It should also have a 3rd weapon attached to it WORKS IN TURRET MODE ONLY. Ropefish, your suggestion of a weapon with a long charge time would suit this 3rd weapon more IMO. An artillery strike like in Halo Reach or a mini nuke perhaps_

Edited by deeman010, October 20 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#26 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 08:23 AM

View Postdeeman010, on October 20 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

View Postropefish, on October 20 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

That charge is so long the mech would literally be only be able to fire less than 50 times in one match. Assuming that it has something to fire at during every second of the match. Its DPS would also be super low. Math:

Assuming 1500 HP mech. 1/3 life per shot = 500 burst damage = A laughable 33.33...... DPS weapon
Assuming 490 HP (so as to not be too imba; meaning considering lowest HP mech) 1/3 life = 160+ damage burst = 10.67 DPS weapon

A weapon that charges for 15-20 seconds is not viable unless it was given something extremely OP for a primary (I'm assuming this is a secondary to make it balanced just for this mech) which is probably not going to happen. A 5 second wait for a full charge would be... much more preferable.... but the mech would still be extremely niche and would still be considered OP by many (imagine the burst damage combo potential). I like the idea of a C-class sniper but just give it something similar to the current weapons and an enhanced turret mode. What I think we really need is an artillery mech, similar to that pic posted in the 1st page. It should also have a 3rd weapon attached to it WORKS IN TURRET MODE ONLY. Ropefish, your suggestion of a weapon with a long charge time would suit this 3rd weapon more IMO.
tl;dr make it 2-5 sec_

#27 deeman010

deeman010

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 08:39 AM

View Postropefish, on October 20 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

tl;dr make it 2-5 sec_

tldr makes me sad. Here's a summary: improve dps but regardless people would say OP bec of burst. your 5 second charge would be better as a 3rd weapon on a turret mode like an artillery that fires a mini nuke/artillery strike

#28 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 08:43 AM

View Postdeeman010, on October 20 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

View Postropefish, on October 20 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

tl;dr make it 2-5 sec_

tldr makes me sad. Here's a summary: improve dps but regardless people would say OP bec of burst. your 5 second charge would be better as a 3rd weapon on a turret mode like an artillery that fires a mini nuke/artillery strike
i like this :D devs givre ush minah nukes!!!!  and c-class snipers!

#29 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 20 2013 - 09:12 AM

You know, you could use the "repair" crouch animation for a reverse turret.
And yeh, I think a C-Class long range is probably better as some form of artillery.
Lob shells at long range, or zoom in to fire them directly with less drop and more speed.
:)
How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#30 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted October 20 2013 - 09:22 AM

ARTILLERY!

#31 deeman010

deeman010

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 09:57 AM

The more artillery the better. Plus these arti guys should be able to lob shells from the edge to the center of the map, using turret mode for a proper artillery mech. Plus the need for spotters will help foster team work or make the mech completely useless. Either way I'm for it.

Edited by deeman010, October 20 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#32 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted October 20 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostInfiniteWin, on October 19 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

RA-Sabot (Larger cousin of the Sabot Rifle) Like the KE except opposite, slower speed but higher damage. Primary weapons anyone_

They said that after the released the Reaper they would not release any more weapon that were rebalanced and redesigned for another mech weight class because the KE-Sabot was very poorly received.

#33 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on October 20 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

View PostInfiniteWin, on October 19 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

RA-Sabot (Larger cousin of the Sabot Rifle) Like the KE except opposite, slower speed but higher damage. Primary weapons anyone_

They said that after the released the Reaper they would not release any more weapon that were rebalanced and redesigned for another mech weight class because the KE-Sabot was very poorly received.
i can dream....

#34 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 20 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on October 20 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Thank god for that.
Posted Image

#35 SanicTheSandraker

SanicTheSandraker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationKaunas, Lithuania

Posted October 20 2013 - 11:46 AM

The c-class sniper should get a railgun or a gauss rifle.
Posted Image
Steam ID: http://steamcommunit...d/ZatIsAGewdOne

View PostAregon, on October 12 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

Well this ain`t gonna end up good.

#36 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostSanicTheSandraker, on October 20 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

The c-class sniper should get a railgun or a gauss rifle.
i like the rail gun idea

#37 Don_Veritas

Don_Veritas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSand Island Air Base

Posted October 23 2013 - 05:53 AM

Id prefer a Chargeable Beam (or plasma like) Cannon... Something flashy and scary that can be seen from across the map and notified by the killfeed.

Only issue i could see with this mech is the cannon used in close range fights and not necessarily for its intended purpose as a long range standoff weapon. So instead of it being able to use its super awesome high damage charge feature all the time, it can only use it in turret mode... and quite frankly the turret mode should turn and move slow as balls (or even totally stationary) if its gonna be able to do the damage i think it should.And when the cannon is used outside of turret mode it does the either the same or a tiny bit more as the sharpshooters secondary but also fires a tiny bit slower as well.

More importantly though what would be its primary_ Giving it a slug would be lame and make it too stronk at long range. Make new lazor submachine gun (but dont call it a lazor sub machine gun... ) or give it a miniflak... yea.

Edited by Don_Veritas, October 23 2013 - 05:59 AM.

Posted Image

Props to Lucier for the Rainbow text.

#38 deeman010

deeman010

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:26 AM

View PostDon_Veritas, on October 23 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

......it can only use it in turret mode...

Exactly what I was thinking! I believe that one way to make C-classes more unique is to add a whole new dimension of depth via implementing a "3rd weapon" that is only accessible through turret mode like an arty cannon or your beam cannon. This would not only increase the utility of C-Classes but then it would also increase the skill ceiling and the relevance to the team (of C-Classes, IF it was some form of long range artillery type of support bec of communication skills needed). Of course whether or not a mech will get a 3rd weapon is highly dependent on whether it needs it or not. For example, I don't think that the Vanguard, Grenadier, and Brawler need additional weapons because it does not suit the particular class' play. Maybe the Rocketeer. Though I believe that turret mode should also augment how secondaries work (ex. maybe make the gren put out sticky grens_ idk) in order to put out more variety in play.

#39 ArccBR

ArccBR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationBrazil (-3 GMT)

Posted October 23 2013 - 06:29 AM

>long range
>mini flak

U wat m8_

Posted Image