HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Friendly fire, the poll.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Friendly fire (and team kills) (150 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want it_

1. Yes! (51 votes [34.00%])

Percentage of vote: 34.00%

2. No! (79 votes [52.67%])

Percentage of vote: 52.67%

3. Arg! (20 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted April 09 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostGranddaddypurp, on April 09 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

its a good idea its realstic unlike the minds of who disagreed

It's pretty hard to argue "realism" in a game where bipedal war machines are actually viable in combat.

Edited by Silverfire, April 09 2014 - 04:43 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#62 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 09 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostBoompigXD, on April 06 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

View Postkanamisan, on April 06 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

actully I would hate ff, there is a tactic I have learned where you can use teammates to detonate explosave weapons (especaly ones you cant detonate manualy, like the redux) losing that is kinda annoying for me.
Posted Image
for weapons like the eoc r and p as well as the redux, heat and I assume but have not tried with the reve gl, that when you hit a team mate, the round exploades, this can also be used on secondarys as well though most allow you to manualy air burst them. anyway. you can use it if a team mate is near a hostile and is around a corner, just shoot your team mate and the splash will hurt baddys. that said,  its not a easy trick to pull off. but it does help with some weapons. one other trick if you want to air burst a eoc P round. drop a mine before you shoot at your target, then you can det the second one any time. so basicly you get an airburst ever shot after a miss.

#63 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted April 09 2014 - 07:35 PM

there are those times when i'm one shot from kill, and some dummass teammate runs in front of last shot, and the victim gets away. Yes, i approve of the implementation of TK. i'd def smakc that sucker hard.
in BZFlag, a TK is also a suicide. in some cases, it might just be satisfying enough to justify it.
others, it might improve a LOT of peoples' aim

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#64 LeeHarveyOz

LeeHarveyOz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted April 09 2014 - 10:53 PM

View PostEM1O, on April 09 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

i'd def smakc that sucker hard.

And that's why we shouldn't have it. Less mature players are going to penalize their team by in-fighting. Whether it's 'damn scout getting in the way of my shots' or 'damn SS not helping us cap the AA', people are going to have disagreements. TK is a tool for some people to ruin the game for the rest of their team.

Let's say your playing planetside. Your drop pod hits an ally's aircraft and even though it's not your fault, your name is on the kill screen. For the next 20mins that ally will pop one on the back of your head anytime they see you. Not enough to kill, but a 90% assist for the enemy to kill you. They won't get banned for TK, but the conflict is ruined for you.
This happens. FF is suitable for friends on a team, not strangers.

#65 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted April 11 2014 - 11:48 PM

I figure friendly fire should be an optional server with it's own separate rankings and ratings separate from general stats.

Why not offer the challenge for those of us that would take up the gauntlet_
If you say your a great player now's your chance to earn a tag to prove it.

:wub: Sign me up! :wub:

Any other takers_

Edited by Spliff_Craven, April 11 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#66 Blood_Jester

Blood_Jester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted April 12 2014 - 01:50 AM

View PostLeeHarveyOz, on April 09 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

And that's why we shouldn't have it. Less mature players are going to penalize their team by in-fighting. Whether it's 'damn scout getting in the way of my shots' or 'damn SS not helping us cap the AA', people are going to have disagreements. TK is a tool for some people to ruin the game for the rest of their team.

Let's say your playing planetside. Your drop pod hits an ally's aircraft and even though it's not your fault, your name is on the kill screen. For the next 20mins that ally will pop one on the back of your head anytime they see you. Not enough to kill, but a 90% assist for the enemy to kill you. They won't get banned for TK, but the conflict is ruined for you.

This ^^^

If you want friendly fire, go play death match, that is what it's fall

Introducing friendly fire is letting trolls have a field day, friends can help each other by one joining the enemy team and killing their allies. If you initiate friendly fire then you need to initiate vote kicking, which opens to gate for people to kick out really skilled or really new players on their team.

Having this option in a private server, where you and a group of friends can get a few laughs is fine, but in a PUG setting, you are asking for trouble

#67 Dominus_Bellum

Dominus_Bellum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 12:15 AM

I dunno, but i'm sure the game will get much more frustrating.

If FF will be added, create FF on and FF off servers.

#68 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 12:29 AM

View PostBlood_Jester, on April 12 2014 - 01:50 AM, said:

View PostLeeHarveyOz, on April 09 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

This ^^^

If you want friendly fire, go play death match, that is what it's fall

Introducing friendly fire is letting trolls have a field day, friends can help each other by one joining the enemy team and killing their allies. If you initiate friendly fire then you need to initiate vote kicking, which opens to gate for people to kick out really skilled or really new players on their team.

Having this option in a private server, where you and a group of friends can get a few laughs is fine, but in a PUG setting, you are asking for trouble
The idea behind Friendly Fire as a feature is to hone skills and improve as a player.
Rewards for least TK's, etc...
Deathmatch does not provide the proper structure unless it is a TDM. Siege/Missile Assault would be suitable for Friendly fire tactics as well.

Friendly fire would provide a different challenge for players that elect to play it.
Besides the Troll guards would keep the people that routinely TK grouped together and the more serious players would also be matched accordingly.

Suggested implementation of the Friendly Fire Servers:

Modes: Team Deathmatch / Siege / Missile Assault
Add a Team Kill stat
TeamKill match cap of 5 before kick.
A kicked player would be out for the rest of that match and would not count as a leaving stat {but it would count towards the TK stat}.
Awards: Fewest TK's in a match / No TK's in a match over 30 min / Savior award with 0 friendly damage

Like I said it has potential for serious gamers. I know I'd be there.
It would raise the bar for players that want it.

#69 Grendel_Echo

Grendel_Echo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationPiaseczno, Poland

Posted April 14 2014 - 12:50 AM

FriendlyFireOn, I think it's a must mostly for clans & friends plugged to TeamSpeak. If we try as much as we can fulfill the roles on battlefield the friendly fire will only increase the focusing on these roles and should hold some ppl back from shooting in all directions or just pushing forward in narrow spaces to achieve a kill at all cost.
In public playing I think FFOn has no use in Hawken. Kicking players/other penalties raised on team killers would mean those ppl will not come back to game and I'm sure that is not desired by developers, especially with still quite low interest in HAWKEN. My 50 cents...

#70 MarNoahCus

MarNoahCus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted April 14 2014 - 01:18 AM

This topic is still alive_ uhh ohh...
Still not a big fan of FF... It would make the game more interesting but most games i play are Siege and Missile... Meaning Pugs... and people constantly run into my line of fire... I would be a bad guy quite fast.  now Ofc maybe people would be more carefull then but i really doubt it.
"And shepherds we shall be, For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti." (The Boondock Saints)

Posted Image

#71 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 02 2014 - 11:56 AM

necro-necro

nades-nades

:D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#72 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted July 02 2014 - 11:42 PM

I want to see Friendly Fire Servers. Give me a choice. Let me decide!

#73 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted July 03 2014 - 03:23 PM

Necro

#74 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members