HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

life forms of illal: a definite guide

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 01 2013 - 11:26 AM

i could see them clinging to mechs sucking out vitrolium
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#22 yoshimotosog

yoshimotosog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin the great lands of lithuania

Posted December 01 2013 - 11:40 AM

View Posterathic, on November 27 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

Cool thread Ropefish !
in this early (2010) Hawken concept art by Khang Le, you can see a very cool and scary creature :

Posted Image

it seems it could fly so, maybe he's eating those infected rats.. or mechs because it has a natural sense to detect and track vitrolium (EU),
for now, population is very limited to certain areas, wich are totally forbidden to any pilots at this time, but it seems that some larger specimens are starting to leave their territory, to attack larger and tastier targets .. Battleships..

story :

Because rats is its primary food and natural prey it's one of the first species that developped a partial immunity to the Hawken virus. Some specimens have "transformed" but it seems that they are able to control or slowing down the infection process of their bodies.

Some scentists are saying that it might contain the key to an antidote, but there's no skilled pilots at this time that want to take the risk to fight those creatures and bring back some "samples" to study..

well feel free to adjust/correct as my english is not terrible and i just woke up -_-

also can't find a proper name, maybe a " Wrecker" _ dunno.
it's ok, i wasn't planning to sleep tonight anyway <.<   >.>

Edited by yoshimotosog, December 01 2013 - 11:48 AM.

Posted Image

#23 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted December 03 2013 - 12:50 AM

im thinking of a flying animal that hangs around cavorite deposits and lives in colonies in large floating rocks and islands
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "

#24 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted December 03 2013 - 05:52 AM

Posted Image
"No pirate or mercenary is stupid enough to hunt down this beast, I know it because I tried it." -"Trixter" to Aregon at Outpost Echo.

Et Ferrum Aquila, "The Iron-Eagle"
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]height: 12 feet[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]*wingspan: 22 feet[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]current status: 3[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]locations found: Praxis Valley[/font]

Biography: Nobody knows how this creature got to Illal in the first place, but it surely belongs there. It looks like an eagle made out of iron and titanium, but nobody knows how it can live this way. It lives in Praxis Valley and is a fearsome hunter, attacking everything that is smaller then itself.
I`ll fix it later.

#25 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted December 04 2013 - 01:02 PM

okay i updated the yeti for christmas :D

also aregon ima do the eagle soon :3

#26 eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationEast

Posted December 05 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Postropefish, on December 04 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

okay i updated the yeti for christmas :D

also aregon ima do the eagle soon :3

Can't find the video, but somebody took a zerk and flew outside wreckage and found Marvin a sasquatch swimming around.

Edited by eth0, December 05 2013 - 11:19 AM.

[My MMR]
[Who is streaming HAWKEN right now_]
[Hawken Wishlist 2014.09.11]:
Spoiler

#27 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 01:19 PM

Bump.
I`ll fix it later.

#28 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted December 16 2013 - 03:26 PM

As Illal is a terraformed world, we can add what ever life we want. Beings a said terraformed world, most life will be livestock type. There will definately be pest species that get there by accident, but there would be very few predators

because bow ties are cool

#29 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on December 16 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

As Illal is a terraformed world, we can add what ever life we want. Beings a said terraformed world, most life will be livestock type. There will definately be pest species that get there by accident, but there would be very few predators
wouldn't some of that life change do to the virus_

#30 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted December 16 2013 - 03:37 PM

The virus kills said life according to the novel

because bow ties are cool

#31 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on December 16 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

The virus kills said life according to the novel
o-o
what about the rats and hell-dragons, they lived lol

hmm maybe i should think of something that is extinct next >_>

#32 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 04:32 PM

Oh man.. paleology and 3,8 bilion of years of life on Earth should give u guys so many inspirational ideas and u cannot get out of the Skyrim_ I think that last 350 milion of years were pretty spectacular for life on Earth. Mix that with your imagination and here we go:

Posted Image

#33 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted December 16 2013 - 05:18 PM

Now that's a big rat !

Posted Image

#34 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted December 17 2013 - 03:01 AM

View PostPelax, on December 16 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Oh man.. paleology and 3,8 bilion of years of life on Earth should give u guys so many inspirational ideas and u cannot get out of the Skyrim_ I think that last 350 milion of years were pretty spectacular for life on Earth. Mix that with your imagination and here we go:

Posted Image

Plus 1

Also don't forget, Illal is twice as old as Earth at around 8 Billion years.

Edited by SandSpider, December 19 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#35 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 03:57 AM

Some sea life.

Floaters.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Floaters are massive creatures that live in the oceans of Illal.

Their main body can reach up to 60 metres (196 ft) in length and their tentacles can grow up to 900 metres (2952 ft). this makes them one of the largest animals on Illal.

Floaters are passive carnivores that drift on the currents.  They wait for their food to come to them. They feed in two different ways.

To make food come to them, they have evolved to look and smell like a rotting carcase, at least in part. The upper half of their main body resembles a dead animal and lets out a pungent smell that can be detected miles away. This attracts birds and other flying creatures to them.

The floater’s skin secretes a highly toxic substance, so that once an animal lands on the floater, it quickly becomes unconscious and then dies. The body of the dead animal is then absorbed into the Floater and digested.

The second way that these creatures eat, lays underwater. Under the surface, Floaters have an enormous gaping mouth. Inside this mouth are dozens of small, bioluminescent tendrils that attract fish and other sea life to them. These tendrils are covered in the same toxic secretion as the upper body. When fish and other creatures try to attack and eat these tendrils, they become unconscious in a matter of seconds, then die. Their bodies fall to the floor of the mouth where they are absorbed and digested.

It is said that the first people to ever encounter a floater died within minutes after touching one.

Floaters can live for hundreds of years. The oldest one known has been aged at around 450 Illal years old. There have been fossils found of these creatures that date back several billion years.

There have been 2576 of these creatures found and tagged.

Status is 1 = of least concern.

Edited by SandSpider, December 17 2013 - 03:59 AM.

#36 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 09:13 AM

Sea Raptors.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sea Raptors are large, fast killers that will attack and eat anything, with the exception of Floaters. They can grow up to 20 metres (60ft) long and are one of the most dangerous sea creatures on Illal.

These indigenous animals have been around for approximately two billion years and have always remained at the top of the food chain. They are blind, but have very acute hearing and smell. Having caught one of these creatures for research purposes, Crion xenobiologists discovered that the creatures see sounds and smells in 3d, and are able to pick up the smallest changes in their environment.

Sea Raptors have large, powerful jaws lined with several sets of razor sharp teeth, not unlike sharks on Earth. They have proved to be quite a problem for underwater exploration, having attacked many surface vessels and submarines.

Status is 1 = of least concern.

#37 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 09:17 AM

That is what happens when you find my papers on the animals on Illal, can I have them back_ You also need to deliver the pad from the lab you found, got useful info I might need.
I`ll fix it later.

#38 Pelax

Pelax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 10:06 AM

I've got one question:

is the 'Last Eco' map ecology native to Illal or it was terraformed_ I find the 'Wreckage' map more alien yet somehow better fitting. Not to mention those giant mushrooms reminded me never released 'Project Offset' (a game where Khang Le was the main concept artist). The info from the official novels would be nice ;)

#39 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostPelax, on December 17 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

I've got one question:

is the 'Last Eco' map ecology native to Illal or it was terraformed_ I find the 'Wreckage' map more alien yet somehow better fitting. Not to mention those giant mushrooms reminded me never released 'Project Offset' (a game where Khang Le was the main concept artist). The info from the official novels would be nice ;)
Last Eco is one of the biggest natural forests on Illal, and Wreckage is part of the swamps of Illal. The ship was shot down due to not answering if it was friendly or not fast enough.
I`ll fix it later.

#40 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 10:59 AM

From what I can gather, The Ashihan Forests, where the Last Eco map is based, is part of some of the last natural forests left on Illal. Sentium and Prosk have used it for years to dump their waste. This has lead to some genetic mutations. The Wreckage map is on another part of the planet, nowhere near Last Eco.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users