HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

brawler

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 GantradiesDracos

GantradiesDracos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted December 14 2013 - 11:29 AM

i mean, if they intended to nerf the regen for balance, why didn't they buff its damage reduction_ or just completely remove turret mode

#22 PhysicsCrime

PhysicsCrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted December 14 2013 - 12:37 PM

Turret mode is pretty much useless on all the Cs.  Personally I find the brawlers the most useful because I use it to repair small amounts of damage quickly (Going into repair mode would take longer when only repairing about 100 dmg).  I wouldn't even think about using it in actual combat though.

#23 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted December 14 2013 - 01:15 PM

Confirming Brawler is now infact... goochi

#24 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted December 14 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostGantradiesDracos, on December 14 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

good GOD man, are you high off the fumes from a broken Generator_  Turret mode in general ius horrible, and since it the Brawler got hit with a nerf bat due to the Devs apparently playing a completely different game, its turret mode, allready the worst in the game, has become even weaker! only 10% damage reduction, takes double damage form explosive weapons regardless of hit location ( im looking at you EOC),  and the Health regen that was supposed to compensate for the poor defense bonus is now laughable, unless some BIG changes were made in the last hotfix

I average a 4.0 KD with the brawler so I'd like to think I know a thing or two about how the mech functions. It's good, learn when to use it.

#25 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted December 14 2013 - 04:29 PM

Well all I know is that I'm taking ol' betty out for a spin when I get a chance to play. She used to be my main before ascension. Maybe we can rekindle the magic we had together.

Edited by dEd101, December 19 2013 - 01:56 AM.

General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#26 RUIN3D

RUIN3D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDevils Hole

Posted December 14 2013 - 06:46 PM

I wish the Brawler had zoom so I could use the Hawkins more effectively.

#27 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 14 2013 - 07:09 PM

I was playing the brawler before the patch, I just like it it's my favorite mech <3

I play it a LOT differently than other people though:

Maxed out armor -1
Maxed out hydraulics -1
All but 2 slots in boost and suspensions
The rest in weapons loader

I have a lot in armor because I have the Advanced armor fusor which works on a percentage basis so having MORE armor means getting MORE health so why not right_

You may notice that, I have zero points in CU and heatsinks, so yeah before the CU buff I always had the threat of a 10.25 second overheat lol. However, I don't find myself pushing that limit too often, and only when taking on my 2nd-3rd opponent in a row.

The buff to its overheat post patch means all the difference to me >< The SA Hawkins have REALLY bad hit registration for me I dunno, so just flak all the way for me :)

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure thing! :D Thanks for being constructive.
Raider Corsair to replace Brawler's TOW: MAKE IT HAPPEN
BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#28 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 06:43 AM

two things still bug me about the Brawler problem:-
- you have to spend Tuning just to not be sh_t whereas all the other mechs spend Tuning to buff an already viable innate play style
- A-class and C-class base heat values are backwards
(okay, not specifically a Brawler problem but the Brawler suffers from it the most)

Edited by Muffintrumpet, December 16 2013 - 06:44 AM.

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#29 PhysicsCrime

PhysicsCrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 07:51 PM

All the brawler needs now is some better suspensions.  Personally I feel that the run speed and boost speed are right where they should be.

Decrease the fuel tank by 3 points and put it in suspensions.  That should result in a fuel tank of 134L (still plenty big) and a base dodge cooldown of 1.88 seconds (1.6 with tuning points put into it).  That may be just enough to help make it a bit more mobile in combat.

Edited by PhysicsCrime, December 16 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#30 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 09:09 AM

i love the brawler,  hawkins and turret mode on the new map makes me near invincible with it
i don't mean any of it

#31 thebloodgod0

thebloodgod0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 09:31 AM

the brawler is fine the way it is now, needs no buff. And people, special abilities are what make each mech special, take the turret mode and what will become the Cs_ I find the turret mode quite entertaining to use and to fight against. Godamn it people, anymore regen buff for the brawler is gonna make it OP, and the speed is fine now (it's supposed to be the slowest mech in the game). The Brawler is Good and very close to be OP in turret mode.

#32 PhysicsCrime

PhysicsCrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 06:27 PM

View Postthebloodgod0, on December 17 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

The Brawler is Good and very close to be OP in turret mode.

:lol:

Turret mode is terrible.

#33 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted December 17 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostPhysicsCrime, on December 17 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Turret mode is terrible.

It is not so terrible, but waaay too situational. Used in the right moment of time it can save your life, but using it wherever it's possible without any particular reason will end badly .

The only one mech which turret mode is nearly useless is Rocketeer, because it's mobility gives him much more killing potential than 40% damage reduction and auto lock-on.

Edited by LarryLaffer, December 18 2013 - 12:17 AM.

WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#34 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted December 18 2013 - 07:00 AM

if you find yourself using turret mode then i) you're playing against newbies and/or ii) you've already done it wrong  ;)

turret mode is fairy viable only in co-op mode, and by god that is no way to justify the existence of a mech ability
turret mode /must surely/ now be marked for a radical rethink
no ADH spokesperson can cling on to an argument that it is a worthwhile mech ability and simultaneously retain a shred credibility

Edited by Muffintrumpet, December 18 2013 - 07:01 AM.

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#35 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted December 18 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostMuffintrumpet, on December 18 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

if you find yourself using turret mode then i) you're playing against newbies and/or ii) you've already done it wrong  ;)

turret mode is fairy viable only in co-op mode, and by god that is no way to justify the existence of a mech ability
no ADH spokesperson can cling on to an argument that it is a worthwhile mech ability and simultaneously retain a shred credibility

It is a situational ability. Meaning, if you use it in every encounter you are doing it wrong.

#36 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted December 18 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostIareDave, on December 18 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

View PostMuffintrumpet, on December 18 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

It is a situational ability. Meaning, if you use it in every encounter you are doing it wrong.
you've already done it wrong when you find yourself in the situation where turret mode does something

#37 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted December 18 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostMuffintrumpet, on December 18 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

you've already done it wrong when you find yourself in the situation where turret mode does something

Your experience in brawler, or heavy mechs in general, must be small

#38 PhysicsCrime

PhysicsCrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted December 18 2013 - 11:50 PM

I have never had turret mode help me in any fight other than vs noobs.

#39 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted December 19 2013 - 02:01 AM

Turret mode + hawkins + adv armor reconstructor + adv armor fusor can be a pain in the rear (and is a really quirky way to play). I'm getting my second brawler and calling it brawlins for a bit of fun with turret mode.

As for my main brawler don't feel completely gimped when I take it out anymore, which is good. The last buffs made a huge difference. I'd like better suspensions for cqc but everything else feels about right.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#40 M4C2

M4C2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSouthern [DATA REDACTED]

Posted January 17 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostMexichanMan, on December 13 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

IMO, Brawler is one of the strongest mechs now. It can attain ridiculous hp and has one of the best weapons combos in the game. The only time it struggles is when mechs run away from it, or it gets caught out in the open at range. In a team setting the Brawler is really good at protecting low-hp allies from diving enemies because of its size.

Honestly, the only thing it needs now is a better ability. Other than that I think its good now.

yea

increase the regenrate and damage reduction
and ...... mobility.. nah how about turn rate increase_
And as we fall the spirit carries on
that the hero'll come and save us all
as we call the ones we left below
we all dream of day we rise above

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users