HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How to make the scout...scout and useful in team play

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#101 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted January 11 2014 - 08:27 PM

View PostThatDamnedBoedy, on January 10 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostJeffMagnum, on January 09 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

View PostSkrill, on January 09 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

I have been playing this game almost daily since it went open beta and I have heavily  participated in every test since alpha 2 . Based off of my scores the scout is indeed a tiny bit op. Another small nerf to its health and I will be fine with it.
Flak is the issue (and probably why you're scoring higher--try running HEAT or Miniflak and see if you get the same results); Scout itself as a class is fine. I think nerfing Flak's range is definitely a better place to start than nerfing its damage, and a range decrease might be all it really needs to bring it in line with the other weapons. If that's not enough, then slowly reduce its damage incrementally until it's fine, but don't go overboard and make it useless. It's not a hideously game-breakingly OP weapon by any means, but right now it has too much mid-range utility for its burst and ease of use.
If flak was the issue then the brawler would be dominating in the same manner and it isn't.  It is the combination of flak with the mobility and small hitbox and super-dodge abilities.  That and its ability to disengage or engage more or less at will.
If brawler didn't have rubbish stats for CQC, that argument might be valid.

It's the damn flak cannon.  Brawler still can't dodge well enough to be a flak cannon mech, but the overpowered nature of the weapon kinda offsets it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users