HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Adjustments to the Progression System

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#281 DragoXXVIII

DragoXXVIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted January 29 2014 - 01:27 PM

and exactly what is that supposed to mean_ just because i have an imagineation to think of other means to expand and improve a game when everyone elce just wants to turn this into another vanilla sports shooter with mechs means i'm on something_

imo if you want a vanilla sport shooter go play unreal or tf2 or something don't kill another game because its trying something different the whole point of initially joining this game was BECAUSE it was different and now everyone is just goin nope make it like tf2 , unreal and tribes and the rest of em  so i get bord real quick and move on

mechs are SUPPOSED TO BE UPGRADED as is the typical point of WAR the ol "my gun is bigger than your gun" game.

do you honestly think  all the cars of nascar are the same_ sorry to pop that dream bubble but they aren't they Tune them as well to offer  peak performance for each individual driver. and the mechs should be the same and am nascar isn't the same as pro nascar either.i can go on all day with why removeing tuneing all together is bad but i highly doubt anyone will listen to reason because  they want what they want and dgaf who they tick off.

i mean hands down hawken has the best npc AI ive seen in a game ( so human like you can barely tell its an AI) witch i have to give props on but  imo its a shame they let it go to waste with  just co op bots  to add a pve story (sort of a cod campaighn mode type thing)or something would put that  amazeing AI to more use than just a fill in for lack of players an the 25 rounds of surviveal.

now i realize the amount of work that would need to be done but as the saying goes " any thing worth doing isn't gonna be a walk in the park "

while they have done amazeingly with the pvp aspect of the game i think they need to expand more

Edited by DragoXXVIII, January 29 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#282 sniffsbutter

sniffsbutter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted January 29 2014 - 05:41 PM

So as a relatively new players who does not really enjoy the game or the significant grind with almost zero reward sees it, the Hawken devs are pushes away free mechs in favor of, of course, paid for mechs.  Now the amount of MC that you get regardless of how well you do AS IS currently is pitiful, with the small amount of items that those can buy, however overpriced for what they actually do, now you force players to buy their way to victory basically.  As far as I've seen the prices of the "mechs" are up in the 20,000, with 1 or 2 mechs in the middle teens, it takes a ridiculous amount of hours just to get to maybe 1 or 2 thousand MC in a day just to maybe buy some rank in a mech, a weapon, or a mech. Not to mention the grind to the "free mechs" let's face it is rather awful in and of itself, I've been using the CRT for MOST of my 15 plus hours and I still have not maxed rank, why_ Because the amount of mech experience you get along with MC is pitiful in comparison to what things actually cost and time spent on them, so in reality they aren't really free.  Add to that the "elite" parts are really nothing but OD skin tons, besides the parts of the CRT, which if they just started that is somewhat understandable but half of them are just recolors rather then skins or replacement modeled parts; how it That at all worth the time and MC that you charge_  Up until the point where I started trying out different “mechs” I didn’t know that the player actually had to pay money/MCs to unlock the rank that he earned; what kind of backwards thinking is that_  I do not care about “test drives” because I do not get a discount or the mech when I test it out, so why is that being called the fair replacement to earning actual free “mechs”_ because it’s not.  Their whole claim to glory was that you pay for cosmetics, not items/mechs and mission essential equipment, yet currently you DO have to pay for actual useful and necessary items, and now you’ll get to shell out even more money.  OH but wait, you can save up MCs, that’s right, you mean the in game currency that takes around 10 hours just to get to the point of being able to buy a middle grade “mech” and nothing else.  I would have no problem actually supporting this game if it actually brought something fresh or good to the table, but as they constantly take out customization and make the grind longer or just now flat out start putting up a paywall unless you want to spend 24 hours trying to save up.

As far as taking out tuning, I can understand that in a balancing sense, however to a mech fan and in this game’s contexts a mech GAME taking out even MORE user customization features is well wrong, this is now no longer a mech game.  The “mechs” are slow enough as it is but now, granted you gave maybe half or less the ability to be tuned for more speed, unless the speed is brought back up at least to a moderate amount everyone will just be boosting around the map, that’s not boring at all, it’s bad enough already.  Heck Chromehound’s mechs were slow but at least you had options as a player AND they even had flight/hover ability, so in a way you’ve put your game below Chomehounds, which to me is pretty bad as it was one of the slowest mech games that I have ever played.  If you’re going to take control away from the player, you need to supplement it with something else, external features do not count when everything looks the same, and the small amount of internal options are at times limited, limited by over all play time, limited by knowledge, limited by the at times incorrect information given to the user in game, and limited by money.  

People have made the observation as well as the Devs, that they have only shown us 5% of what they actually intend on changing.  Why is that_  Why do we, the people who are actually playing the game, need to be left in the dark about matters that concern The Game, why is there not more transparency on what your plans are in terms of changes, additions, and so on.  Why is everyone having to guess what your actions will be rather then allowing people to critique what you actually intend on doing not including mech/designs/weapons, that I feel is fine to keep hidden.

Edited by sniffsbutter, January 29 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#283 KeramatZMode

KeramatZMode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted January 31 2014 - 08:21 PM

Just played the game and wait what_ They gonna remove tuning system_

Man, tuning system is the best part of the game IMO. It's because other players with higher rank (more tuning points) that ruins it.

Supporting the idea of 30 points right off the bat.

>>Artdump Thread|Moe-fied Mechs<<Posted Image
CIRNO BAKA MK-3 scout | ULTRAGUNNER vanguard | BETA-REMOVER berserker | WANZER rocketeer | NINEBALLIN' raider

#284 Potter_4077th

Potter_4077th

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 12:07 PM

I'm 50/50 on this , for the most part it sounds like we are taking a step back. I hope its not to far back is all. Test drives coming back is a plus, mech customization changing, well that scares me, I personally  like the current system. BUT we will see.

-Standing by for testing.

#285 dataman

dataman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on January 08 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Want to say really looking forward to this.

I'm sure many people have a lot of questions about player tuning being removed so I'm just going to ask.

With the removal of the option to tune on the player's side, does this mean Hawken's customization aspect is moving more towards something like what warframe did with it's mods system_ That is to say, having all adjustments on our personal classes being purely determined by a large library of unique internals, stat changing internals and items options_ Will there even be stat changing internals that do what tuning does now (up this, decrease that) at all_

WHOO HOO. I'M FIRST FOR THE FIRST TIME!

I'm thinking same like this guy.

If everything is the same, this will be the most boring mech game I've ever play. If you guys want a... you know... same stats, pure skill based shooting, then go build CoD like FPS games. Because.. they are MECHS. Things that built from metal, electronic, servos, and each pilot can tune their ride to their liking.

Edited by dataman, February 03 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#286 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 11:51 AM

Never fear!! Steam is here!!!
Expect things to change
Expect them for the better.
I do.

#287 yellowbronco

yellowbronco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach Va USA

Posted February 05 2014 - 11:18 PM

Love the way the graphics look now on steam, but wow, I am spending more time in the garage responing and no splash damage_
Posted Image

Win 8.1Pro(x64), ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 MB, 3.10 gigahertz AMD FX-8120Eight-CoreBlack CPU, 11481.01Gb storage, 20gb ram, AMD Radeon HD 7870 graphics, ASUS VE27" , Samsung 24" & InsigniaNS-32" Monitors, Enclosure- UFO clear

#288 Starscream350

Starscream350

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 12:03 PM

I'm sorry to say, but I kinda miss the tuning options :(.

#289 Strothix

Strothix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 01 2014 - 11:09 AM

Possibly the absolute dumbest mistake that could have even been made..

Why would you take AWAY customization, thereby making the game worse and less fun_ Now what do you get for ranking up_ Sure isnt points to put into the stats of your mech, thats for sure.... Dumbest mistake ever.
Removal of Tuning Points_
Removal of Mech Unlocks_
Oh, so you can't even unlock mechs anymore either_ Well.. Way to take away things people loved about your game.

That was the whole point.. Having the fun of figuring out and testing tuning builds.
Defined role.. More like linear role. What ever happened to thinking out of the box and turning a mech into something completely different that no one would be expecting_ Oh wait, that takes imagination and customization. Now you won't be able to play a mech in a nich, you will only be able to conform to one playstyle of that mech which is now exactly the same as everyone elses mech. No more playing with your own style.

"Strategy in tuning a mech_ What is that_ No no, this mech can only be used like THIS". *watches dev take controls and show you the only way you can play that mech*

^ I dont know about you but that is not very appealing to me. I used to play this game every single day. Ive spent a ton of money on it, and do you know what_ Now I'm not even going to bother with keeping it installed and updated anymore. Horrible ruining of a perfectly amazing game.

"A level 30 pilot was being put with new players so instead of making matchmaking work reasonably we just removed any advantage of being any level."

Makes total sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users