HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Limitless mega repair charge on legs w/ thrusters attached

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 03:40 PM

So here is what you do..... Use your freaking brains, stick beam, needs line of sight to be effective. Maybe you should break line of sight so you aren't deconstructed so quickly. When the tech comes at you thinking it is a good direct combat mech, lulz. Launch (insert secondary/primary here) at this face. He will take a lot of damage because he is going to be coming right at you. If he starts dodging, then keep pumping lead into his dome piece. As soon as you see that red beam start to connect, run behind the nearest cover. This will break the beams connection and stop the techs health regen. Then you can just corner play them to death no prob. You can do this with pretty much any mech. I don't understand how so many people get shredded by the tech. It only has 300 hp. Hope this advice helps you.

Key phrase: BREAK LINE OF SIGHT.

Key phrase: SHOOT IN UGLY MECH FACE.

Tech =/= god mode in tdm.

#42 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 07 2014 - 11:38 PM

Well now you actually kinda need to both heal and do dmg with the tech. Mostly healing though. If you're trying to be a battle tech.. forget it NOW. it's useless in high level lobbies. You'd do more good on a actual damage mech than a battle tech. Now a tech MUST heal their team nearly the whole game if it wants to off-set it's severe lack of damage effectiveness. Focus on the survival of your team and your own life of course. Stay out of combat until you NEED to kill something, like say.. If the guy you were healing overheated and the enemy has no health.

A battle tech is a dead tech. Believe it.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#43 kazuya989

kazuya989

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDisguissed as Ninja_Goat

Posted February 10 2014 - 04:20 AM

Totally agree LoC_TR ,  Battle Tech is pretty much dead build in organised games.

I was in a clan game of missile assault, and had to stay defensive for the whole match. In fire-fights my teams health was collapsing so fast I had to just keep healing.  The opportunity to go "red beam" and ambush came only a couple of times.

The 1 sec dodge does compensate a little for the 300 heath, but you have to use it to avoid incoming fire whist healing.  
Many people complain about sticky beam, but now you need it, as you have to concentrate on avoiding incoming fire, or boom your insta-killed.

I topped the leaderboard with 2 kills / 3 deaths / 16 assists , which shows Tech is still vital to a team (we won match), but really as a dedicated healer only.

That's a shame, as Battle Tech was a really fun build, even if not optimal.

check out my uTube page

for videos of Hawken gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users