HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Upcoming Balance Changes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#141 solarflareTM

solarflareTM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted February 04 2014 - 03:58 PM

Daddy likes!
٩(●̮̃•)۶  

┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐┐▌▌┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└
└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└▌██████████▌┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐
┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐█████▌┐┐┐┐▌████▌└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└
└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐███┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└▌▌███▌┐└┐└┐└┐└┐
┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐██┐┐└┐└┐└┐└▌████▌▌███┐└┐└┐└┐└
└┐└┐└┐└┐████└┐└┐└┐└┐└█▌┐└▌██▌████┐└┐└┐└┐
┐└┐└┐└┐████└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐▌███▌┐▌█▌████┐└┐└┐└
└┐└┐└┐█████▌└┐└┐└┐┐┐└┐██▌██┐▌█▌███▌┐└┐└┐
┐└┐└┐███████┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐▌████▌██████┐┐└┐└
└┐└┐█████▌█┐└┐└┐└┐┐┐┐▌▌┐└██▌██████▌█└┐└┐
┐└┐▌███▌┐▌┐└┐█┐└┐└┐▌▌▌███▌██████████▌└┐└
└┐└██▌▌┐█┐▌█▌██┐└█└┐██▌████████████▌▌┐└┐
┐└▌██┐┐█┐▌█▌███▌┐▌█┐┐██▌████████████▌┐┐└
└┐██▌┐▌▌└████▌██▌▌██▌┐██████████████▌▌└┐
┐┐██┐└█└█████└████▌███┐███████████████┐└
└███┐▌▌▌█████┐└████████▌▌█████████████▌┐
┐███┐███████▌└┐▌███████████████████████└
▌██▌┐███████└┐└┐▌██████████████████████┐
███▌████████┐└┐┐┐▌█████████████████████┐
███▌███████┐└┐▌▌└┐▌████████████████████▌
███▌███████└┐▌▌└┐└┐▌████▌██████████████▌
██████████┐┐▌┐└┐└┐└┐▌█▌▌└┐└┐└▌██████████
█████████┐┐└┐└▌└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐▌████████
████████▌┐└▌██████▌┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐▌███████
████████┐└┐██████▌██┐└┐└┐└┐▌███┐┐███████
████████▌▌███┐███┐└█▌┐└┐└┐██└███└┐██████
███████▌┐┐████▌▌██▌└█└┐└┐▌██▌█▌└┐└██████
███████┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐███┐└┐└███▌┐└┐└┐┐█████
███████└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐▌┐└┐└┐█┐└┐└┐└┐└┐▌████
███████┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└▌└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐▌███
███████└▌┐┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐█┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐███
███████┐██└┐└┐└┐└┐┐┐└┐└┐└█▌┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└███
███████└██▌└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐┐█└┐└┐└┐┐┐└┐███
███████┐█▌█┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐█▌└┐└┐┐█▌┐└███
███████└█└██┐└┐└┐└▌▌┐└┐└┐└█▌┐└┐└▌█┐└▌███
██████▌┐██└██┐└┐└┐██┐█▌┐└┐█┐└┐└┐██└┐████
███████└▌█┐└██▌└┐└▌▌┐▌┐└┐██└┐└┐└█▌┐└███▌
███████┐└██▌┐███▌┐└┐└┐└┐└█▌┐└┐└██▌└┐███▌
███████└┐████└▌████┐┐└┐└┐└┐└┐┐█▌█▌┐┐███▌
███████┐└▌████└┐└███████┐┐┐▌███┐█┐└▌███┐
███████└┐└█████└┐└┐└┐└▌████▌┐└┐└█┐┐▌███└
███████┐└┐▌██████▌└┐└┐└┐└▌└┐└┐└┐█┐└████┐
███████└┐└┐████████└┐└▌└┐└┐└┐▌▌██└┐████└
███████┐└┐└██▌██████████▌████████┐└████┐
▌██████▌┐└┐└█└┐└█████████████████└┐████└
▌███████└┐└┐┐█└┐┐█▌██████████████┐└████┐
▌███████┐└┐└┐██└┐└┐└┐██████████▌█└┐████└
└███████▌┐└┐└┐██▌┐└┐└┐└┐└▌└┐█▌└┐█┐└████┐
┐▌█████▌▌└┐└┐└┐▌██┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐┐█└┐████└
└▌██████└█└┐└┐└┐└███▌┐└┐└┐└┐└┐┐█▌┐└████┐
┐▌██████┐█▌└┐└┐┐▌└┐█████▌▌▌████▌┐▌┐████└
└┐██████└┐█┐└┐└┐██└┐└┐▌██████▌└┐┐▌└████┐
┐└██████▌└▌█┐└┐└┐██▌┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└█└┐████└
└┐██████▌┐└██┐└┐┐┐┐██▌└┐└┐└┐└┐└██┐▌████┐
┐└▌██████└┐└██┐└┐└┐└▌████▌┐┐┐███┐└▌████└
└┐└██████┐└┐└██┐└┐└┐└┐┐▌██████▌┐└┐█████┐
┐└┐██████└┐└┐└██▌└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└███▌█└
└┐└██████▌└┐└┐└▌██└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└████▌█┐
┐└┐██▌█▌█▌┐└┐└┐└┐██┐┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐█┐██└█└
└┐└██▌█▌██└┐└┐└┐└┐▌██▌└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐┐█└██┐█┐
┐└┐██▌█▌██┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└███▌┐└┐└┐└┐└█▌┐▌█└▌┐
└┐└▌██▌┐██└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐▌██▌▌┐└┐┐██┐└┐▌┐▌┐
┐└┐▌█▌▌└██┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐██████▌┐└┐┐▌└┐┐
└┐└┐█▌▌┐██▌┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└▌▌▌└┐└┐└┐┐┐└┐
┐└┐└█▌┐└▌█▌└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└┐└_
Posted Image

#142 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted February 04 2014 - 04:03 PM

my initial thoughts on the new reduced TTK/HP is that this seems like it will be too low by at least a small amount. But I will reserve my final judgement until I actually try it out. And besides, if it does end up being too low, then it can still be changed in the future.

I like most of the other changes, though. Even though I will miss the instant overheat cooldown on my Vulcan Grenadier...
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#143 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 04 2014 - 04:30 PM

A bunch of interesting changes.
I was a little irritated when the first information was dropped, which felt like a complete reverse of what Ascension did, and I'm not willing to take that assumption back yet.
I'm a little sad because I love tinkering and easily visible capabilities are something that makes every shooter worse in my book.
I want my opponent to surprise me and vice versa.
In the same vein, Fights lasting long enough that a third mech could potentially join was part of the thrill.
Still, I'm willing to try it before I make an actual judgement; You laid out your ideas and conclusions clear enough, and who knows, the new dynamic might be enjoyable. I'm sceptical, but we'll see how it turns out.

Also, definitely thrilled at the new mech hinted at here. I wonder when it's going to launch.
How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#144 drthing

drthing

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 04:38 PM

I don't agree with explanations of developers, removing the strategy and points that you get playing the game, is one direction not smart, If you remember of Meckwarriors, you don't speak of players that uses keyboard, joypad and touchpad.
I am seen many users using joypad that is a great advantage in game, ping is too.
With low armor you are dead duck with user that uses a joypad. The users call a "chicken".
So when the ability faults the strategy is the option.

#145 Mogote

Mogote

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 05:04 PM

I am cautiously intrigued by this patch.
Posted Image

#146 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 04 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostPhob1a, on February 04 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

So you remove the tunning points and you remove the mech progression... All in the name of balance... Ok you're going to get a very balanced game but you're taking both the RPG elements of the game and a great deal of customization. Is it really worth it_ Come on guys, a mech game is supposed to be all about customization and simulation (where is the joystick compatibility__) not an ultrabalanced futuristic Counter Strike.

This is NOT AN RPG do you not remember the conversations people have had about that with you_

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure thing! :D Thanks for being constructive.
Raider Corsair to replace Brawler's TOW: MAKE IT HAPPEN
BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#147 TatudeX

TatudeX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:49 PM

Time to Kill in Hawken was great, i think armor levels should not be brought down so much. Anyways, this is a GREAT game, please bring more maps soon ! And fix your sistem so i can buy points from all over the world

#148 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted February 04 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostShadowGTR, on February 04 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

View Postshosca, on February 04 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

View Postv009, on February 04 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

I thought the boost and hydraulic (ground speed) would be  a lot faster than current live but it seems its not the case. Looking at the C class speed stat (except for vanguard and the new mech) brings tear to my eyes.

I have few questions about the secondary weapons:
1. Why does the TOW have 0.25 secs faster RoF than GL yet they have same damage_
2. Why does the corsair KLA fire 1.5 seconds slower yet it does only 7/25 more damage than a TOW yet the latter is easier to use_

Of course I'll have to try the new build before I can properly see how these changes affect the game but I am just curious with the number changes. Unfortunately I dunno how soon I'll be able to play the new build. :(

Yea i think raider got nerfed hard. And i think point-d assault will be the new flak scout.

I was thinking the same thing. Course, only time and exp with the new build will tell. But I am suspecting that burst will fall more into the realm of those who prefer assassination, pop-and-cover and trap tactics. While sustain will become the more general approach. One thing's for certain: I won't be able to continue to use the Raider like I currently do. I will need to change up my approach (especially with it becoming more of a glass cannon).

Hmmm.

I think [HWK]Vana was saying he wants the Raider to break up deathballs and Mexican Standoffs; and that we should be able to get three kills before overheating.

I think this fits well with how I use the Raider - but experience will soon tell.  

I may indeed end up with a buzz-kill Assault.
Posted Image

#149 Fivelon

Fivelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN

Posted February 05 2014 - 12:10 AM

I'm considering the AM-SAR reaper again. 90/30 with KE-SABOT and AM-SAR with reasonable sustained fire at long range against much lower HP mechs means picking off the weak as they try to retreat or scaring off techs with relative impunity! Popping in and out of cover, breaking line-of-sight. This little puppy has options again with the lowered TTK. It's more like it was during the Reaper update :)

#150 Mr_Anderson_1977

Mr_Anderson_1977

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMatrix

Posted February 05 2014 - 01:00 AM

You clearly heard the Player's response.
Thanks....

:)

#151 Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 03:14 AM

I think decreasing the ttk is a bad part for the game as it's extremely fast-paced as it is. that'll mean shorter time matches which I don't really favor, I do like a good long match. I didn't see anything about increasing the death score cap.

#152 Mixb

Mixb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 12:06 PM

Wow, these changes look awesome! Extremely excited to see how everything feels with the reduced TTK and movement changes.

I'll definitely re-install once this goes live.

#153 Dromar

Dromar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 05:10 PM

I'm gonna say this from the perspective of a lowbie. Who earned his way to higher levels. I played most of my way to earning those higher levels on a lighter mech because I wanted to earn the cloaking mech. Rather than tanking my way with the rocketeer or brawler. The tuning ability even with just a few points invested made me feel like I was genuinely accomplishing something. When you take away the ability to tweak your character, mech, pilot, toon, whatever gaming jargon you wish to use. And you instead give the player a template that the player can in no way alter meaningfully. You don't create a balance you create headaches. And you create the sense that the player is too stupid to know how to learn to play their own way. And you pidgeon hole a newbie into playing a heavy mech just to survive.

I almost exculsively played light or medium mech equivalents. Logging in today. The only way I could possibly survive and I'm no pro. But I am a long time player was by doing what most newbies would and selecting the rocketeer going into turret mode and blasting away with the spam cannons of missle and bombs and tanking. Tried a beserker and got so frustrated with the fact that I lost over half my health with the loss of the tuning system. Wasn't given a weapon that could compensate properly for the new glass cannon without the cannon.

Effectively also eliminating incentive to level at all beyond opening more pidgeon holed templates. What you are also doing from a developer stand point is taking away any ability for the player to compensate through personal builds what you put into the game. So you increase a weapons damage. A player with tuning might increase their armor rating to compensate. But you increase a weapons dps without tuning and they're stuck with no way to compensate. And the only way to balance the game is for the devs to do it. And the player is stuck at the mercy of the dev with no recourse. Which results in tensions, flaming, bans, and a bad player community. Because the players have no way in game to counter these things. Even to a limited degree. Except to wait for an official patch and pray these problems have been addressed. In a way you have taken complete control over balancing the game. Mission accomplished. But with that same goal. You have also managed to place the burden of balancing the game solely on your shoulders and any complaints about game balance are completely justified because the player has no viable way at all to compensate.

Unless they pour the same time investment you were trying to downsize into it. Newbies at that point have no option but to invest the same hours they would spend leveling. For points. Into now learning hand eye co-ordination, tactics, and other skills instead. You haven't actually accomplished making it more player friendly as far as less time required for equal reward.

All you've done is shift the time invested. To a more abstract concept that justifies the mentally of newbie versus veteran. And the community attitude that if you can't adjust you just flat out suck at this game and should look else where. I suck at most strict fps shooters for that reason. There is no way to compensate for the predesigned templates until a patch is done. Adding in the rpg elements of tuning and compensating for a lack of skill with time to earn tuning points to tweak my build to suit my play style game me a vast tool to improving my play experience.

First starting out my k/d ration was on average roughly 0.5 .. After just a few hours with a few points I managed to start averaging 1.0.. A few weeks later I started averaging 3.0 with lighter mechs not heavy mechs... The change in gameplay was so genuinely drastic that it was shell shock to the system. Upon playing the first 5 minutes of a match it felt so utterly alien that if not for the graphics and name of the game I would swear that it was a completely different game. The only way to compensate was to try my hand at the rocketeer which I survived a little longer.

But even that was strange because I also maxed out the armor stat on it too. So even it felt a little less powerful. Which I'm not complaining about they were pretty powerful to start with. But when you nerf across the board like removing a tweaking system you take light mechs like the beserker and obliterate the possibilities for newbie to stay in the fight for a decent time to feel acomplished and not frustrated.

I'll reiterate since I seem to have strayed. You DID NOT accomplish lessening the time investment for new players to enjoy the game. All you DID do was shift the type of investment required to a system that requires alot more time invested. By learning physical skills in real life as well as tactics. Such as eye hand co-ordination. Where as with tuning you click the mouse in a low stress garage environment. Set your stats. Play. Tweak them with the next points earned. And enjoy yourself. With much less stress and hassle. My two cents. Sorry if it's lengthy but I had to give you genuine intelligent feed back cause I didn't want it to come off as flaming. I wanted to genuinely make you think about your product cause I don't want to see it fail.

#154 X_Mangoose_X

X_Mangoose_X

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMirando desde la ventana detras tuyo

Posted February 05 2014 - 05:16 PM

tremendous wall >_>

"No confundas mi Personalidad con Mi actitud, mi Personalidad es Quien Yo Soy y mi Actitud Depende de Quien Seas Tú."

#155 Dromar

Dromar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 05:25 PM

fingerknitter, on February 04 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Posted ImagePhob1a, on , said:

So you remove the tunning points and you remove the mech progression... All in the name of balance... Ok you're going to get a very balanced game but you're taking both the RPG elements of the game and a great deal of customization. Is it really worth it_ Come on guys, a mech game is supposed to be all about customization and simulation (where is the joystick compatibility__) not an ultrabalanced futuristic Counter Strike.

This is NOT AN RPG do you not remember the conversations people have had about that with you_

As to this statement it might not be an rpg. But rpg is a broad based term might I also remind you. Role playing game elements. It already uses these to some degree. With the application of things like armor. Dps.  Health. You take away the mech graphical skin. Slap on a mana bar/ or in this case heat bar. Change that heat bar to one of the old blue mana bars. And you got a classic rpg with new gen graphics. Tweaking things with points is nothing more than a way to statistically represent changing something in game. Such as fighter craft in real life changing armaments to allow gun pods, missle racks, extra armor plating on tanks. All that point system did was represent the changes a mechanic would have made to the mech in exchange for you paying them. Which granted you didn't. So slap a hawken credit charge onto the tuning. Make it more realistic and have to pay to commit the tuning point a couple hundred credits. And boom.

#156 MorbosGotaGun

MorbosGotaGun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostRucatiel, on February 03 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

Interesting. Very interesting. I have been playing Sharpshooter mainly and I think this might make them much more risky. Either I spot someone from a distance, put a Sabot in their face, and they die, or they get close to me, at which point I die before I line up a shot. Honestly, I liked the game before. You couldn't just have duels. That's not how warfare works. The enemy won't play fair. You can (and will) be outnumbered. It's when you pull it off that counts.

I play the Sharpshooter and the Techie, and it will definitely pay more to play the sharpshooter with reduced health pools. Instead of needing 3 or 4 volleys to smash an A class it will be a lot quicker.

I personally like the Idea of taking away tuning points so that newbies actually stand a chance if they are decent. The biggest trouble is going to be the wait for my code. x.x

#157 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 05 2014 - 07:54 PM

Does anyone else find some weapons damage values a little too weak/strong_  Breacher feels a little weak, and Sniper weapons feel really strong.

#158 chickenSTALKER

chickenSTALKER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted February 05 2014 - 07:59 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on February 05 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

Does anyone else find some weapons damage values a little too weak/strong_  Breacher feels a little weak, and Sniper weapons feel really strong.
They are strong because CQC with sniper is pretty bad because of the rate of fire.

#159 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted February 05 2014 - 08:41 PM

Slug rifle is a bit too powerful.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#160 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted February 05 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostDromar, on February 05 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

And I'm gonna say this from the perspective of a lowbie. Who earned his way to higher levels. I played most of my way to earning those higher levels on a lighter mech because I wanted to earn the cloaking mech. Rather than tanking my way with the rocketeer or brawler. The tuning ability even with just a few points invested made me feel like I was genuinely accomplishing something. When you take away the ability to tweak your character, mech, pilot, toon, whatever gaming jargon you wish to use. And you instead give the player a template that the player can in no way alter meaningfully. You don't create a balance you create headaches. And you create the sense that the player is too stupid to know how to learn to play their own way. And you pidgeon hole a newbie into playing a heavy mech just to survive. I almost exculsively played light or medium mech equivalents. Logging in today. The only way I could possibly survive and I'm no pro. But I am a long time player was by doing what most newbies would and selecting the rocketeer going into turret mode and blasting away with the spam cannons of missle and bombs and tanking. Tried a beserker and got so frustrated with the fact that I lost over half my health with the loss of the tuning system. Wasn't given a weapon that could compensate properly for the new glass cannon without the cannon. And effectively also eliminated incentive to level at all beyond opening more pidgeon holed templates. What you are also doing from a developer stand point is taking away any ability for the player to compensate through personal builds what you put into the game. So you increase a weapons damage. A player with tuning might increase their armor rating to compensate. But you increase a weapons dps without tuning and they're stuck with no way to compensate. And the only way to balance the game is for the devs to do it. And the player is stuck at the mercy of the dev with no recourse. Which results in tensions, flaming, bans, and a bad player community. Because the players have no way in game to counter these things. Even to a limited degree. Except to wait for an official patch and pray these problems have been addressed. In a way you have taken complete control over balancing the game. Mission accomplished. But with that same goal. You have also managed to place the burden of balancing the game solely on your shoulders and any complaints about game balance are completely justified because the player has no viable way at all to compensate. Unless they pour the same time investment you were trying to downsize into it. Newbies at that point have no option but to invest the same hours they would spend leveling. For points. Into now learning hand eye co-ordination, tactics, and other skills instead. You haven't actually accomplished making it more player friendly as far as less time required for equal reward. All you've done is shift the time invested. To a more abstract concept that justifies the mentally of newbie versus veteran. And the community attitude that if you can't adjust you just flat out suck at this game and should look else where. I suck at most strict fps shooters for that reason. There is no way to compensate for the predesigned templates until a patch is done. Adding in the rpg elements of tuning and compensating for a lack of skill with time to earn tuning points to tweak my build to suit my play style game me a vast tool to improving my play experience. First starting out my k/d ration was on average roughly 0.5 .. After just a few hours with a few points I managed to start averaging 1.0.. A few weeks later I started averaging 3.0 with lighter mechs not heavy mechs... The change in gameplay was so genuinely drastic that it was shell shock to the system. Upon playing the first 5 minutes of a match it felt so utterly alien that if not for the graphics and name of the game I would swear that it was a completely different game. The only way to compensate was to try my hand at the rocketeer which I survived a little longer. But even that was strange because I also maxed out the armor stat on it too. So even it felt a little less powerful. Which I'm not complaining about they were pretty powerful to start with. But when you nerf across the board like removing a tweaking system you take light mechs like the beserker and obliterate the possibilities for newbie to stay in the fight for a decent time to feel acomplished and not frustrated. I'll reiterate since I seem to have strayed. You DID NOT accomplish lessening the time investment for new players to enjoy the game. All you DID do was shift the type of investment required to a system that requires alot more time invested. By learning physical skills in real life as well as tactics. Such as eye hand co-ordination. Where as with tuning you click the mouse in a low stress garage environment. Set your stats. Play. Tweak them with the next points earned. And enjoy yourself. With much less stress and hassle. My two cents. Sorry if it's lengthy but I had to give you genuine intelligent feed back cause I didn't want it to come off as flaming. I wanted to genuinely make you think about your product cause I don't want to see it fail.

Please consider breaking this up into more readable pieces.  The feedback is good but it is a struggle to get through it as one long paragraph.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users