HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Upcoming Balance Changes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#121 Fivelon

Fivelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN

Posted February 04 2014 - 10:10 AM

Zerker's down to 350 health again! Isn't that near to its original stats before they overbuffed everything for increased TTK_

I'll probably still roll Zerker forever, especially since there's no fuel cost for dodge and a 1sec cooldown... I bet we go back to pre-ascension shield use again. Shields everywhere. I'm ok with that.

#122 Fivelon

Fivelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN

Posted February 04 2014 - 10:13 AM

I only see one set of values for items. Are the tiered items gone, and we're back down to a single version of each_

#123 IHateGlamour

IHateGlamour

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 10:52 AM

Phob1a, on February 04 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

So you remove the tunning points and you remove the mech progression... All in the name of balance... Ok you're going to get a very balanced game but you're taking both the RPG elements of the game and a great deal of customization. Is it really worth it_ Come on guys, a mech game is supposed to be all about customization and simulation (where is the joystick compatibility__) not an ultrabalanced futuristic Counter Strike.
So true, I wrote on forums an article about hawken becoming like counter strike... All in the name of balance...
And I don't care if it's not like cs but more like TF2 or other game, the idea is that it's to much of an obvious boring shooter...

And that's to bad, cause this game has very good graphics, design and very good controls compared to mechwarrior online or any other mech game.

WOW did the same, oversimplified everything in game, for the sake of balance. Well, were are they now, going more intro decline... Balance is not everything to a game...

#124 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted February 04 2014 - 11:02 AM

Will reserve judgement for when I get to try out the official build, but I'm pretty skeptical about this change, will definitely take time to adjust.

Get your hard on.

#125 Mobstarr

Mobstarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 04 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostFivelon, on February 04 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

[...]
I bet we go back to pre-ascension shield use again. Shields everywhere. I'm ok with that.

Nope. Shields will be changed too, so that you are unable to shoot from inside to the outside. That was the last statement I heared about it, I guess it was Hughes who said it.
So I would presume there won't be as many shields on the field as you think. (:

Edited by Mobstarr, February 04 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#126 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostFivelon, on February 04 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

I only see one set of values for items. Are the tiered items gone, and we're back down to a single version of each_
Pretty much.  We're switching to limited items per life, with more slots being spent to carry more of something.

#127 tek1

tek1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted February 04 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostLarryLaffer, on February 03 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

Heat generation on the "B3-AR: PPA" seems kinda wrong. 6 heat generation with a fire rate of 0.125. You will be overheated before being able to kill a lvl1 turret...
Don't forget that Saare launcher reduces your heat. I think it has some synergy with B3-AR

ps: shields will be overpowered as fuzzy bunny once again if they get live with those stats... Geez - a shield has more live than any a-class.

But we will be unable to attach it to somebody and, which is more important, to shoot through it in both directions. So I would like to see how this shield will be used in new conditions

Where did you get all this information_ Did I miss any major Patch-Announcments_

#128 Rakker

Rakker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 11:39 AM

In a quick review of the data for the new Mechs I noted that any Mech with the EOC Repeater, no matter which secondary its paired with, has the lowest DPS coupled with armor under .4 (except for the Rocketeer) which doesn't bode well for those pilots. The Rocky at least has Armor at .83 which gives it some survivability but the Infiltrator , Raider and Predator seem to be at a big disadvantage. Does someone see where the other attributes will make up for the seemingly detrimental stats here_
I'm so old I remember when the catapult was OP.

#129 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 11:47 AM

So far I haven't seen anyone's statistical analysis  take into account the big picture (game design) or take into account stat changes in other areas/mechs. Not to mention none of the claims/concerns have actual game play to back them up.

Let's just do something crazy....Let's wait until the patch actually drops, play it, then analyze the stats.

#130 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostCounterlogicMan, on February 04 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Let's just do something crazy....Let's wait until the patch actually drops, play it, then analyze the stats.

"Your just not used to it yet"

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#131 DennisKnightPC

DennisKnightPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted February 04 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostRakker, on February 04 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

In a quick review of the data for the new Mechs I noted that any Mech with the EOC Repeater, no matter which secondary its paired with, has the lowest DPS coupled with armor under .4 (except for the Rocketeer) which doesn't bode well for those pilots. The Rocky at least has Armor at .83 which gives it some survivability but the Infiltrator , Raider and Predator seem to be at a big disadvantage. Does someone see where the other attributes will make up for the seemingly detrimental stats here_

But it has a potential burst damage of 144 (nearly the highest in the game) which it is capable of doing at any range, lays mines and does splash damage.  All-in-all still a very versatile and probably useful weapon.  To do the same damage with an AR you would have to hit with every bullet for a full 1.45 seconds and from within it's optimum range band.  EOC Repeater is for peek-a-boo engagements etc

Posted Image

i7-3770K//32GB RAM//SSD//R9 270X Vapour

#132 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted February 04 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostCounterlogicMan, on February 04 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

So far I haven't seen anyone's statistical analysis  take into account the big picture (game design) or take into account stat changes in other areas/mechs. Not to mention none of the claims/concerns have actual game play to back them up.

If common sense is common, why doesn't everybody have it_

#133 Zanozus

Zanozus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 04 2014 - 01:19 PM

The most game-breaking update ever

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#134 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 04 2014 - 01:24 PM

View Postcaduceus26, on February 04 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Join at 10:18 AM today and post farewell drop at 10:20 AM same day...

View PostFuzzy_Bunny, on February 04 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

You make an account two minutes before commenting this.
Seems like you aren't really going to drop Hawken.  You're just hiding behind anonymity and bull.
Whatever, don't let the TOW hit you on the way out.

You really need to understand how things work before you go flaming someone.  Its been said 1000 times, looking at someones join date on their forum account just shows you THE FIRST TIME THEY LOGGED INTO THE FORUMS.  NOTHING ELSE.  There are players that have played the game since alpha and never logged into the forums, and when they do, they will have a brand new new join date a few minutes old.

View PostDevoutTrout, on February 04 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

I guess I got to lvl 13 and my scout and reaper in 2 minutes
lol, :lol:

Edited by SS396, February 04 2014 - 01:25 PM.

# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#135 Rakker

Rakker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostDennisKnightPC, on February 04 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

View PostRakker, on February 04 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

But it has a potential burst damage of 144 (nearly the highest in the game) which it is capable of doing at any range, lays mines and does splash damage.  All-in-all still a very versatile and probably useful weapon.  To do the same damage with an AR you would have to hit with every bullet for a full 1.45 seconds and from within it's optimum range band.  EOC Repeater is for peek-a-boo engagements etc

All good points. With the lack of armor, I would still expect to see only top skill pilots in the Infiltrator, Raider and Predator then, which is as it should be perhaps. In general, looking forward to the patch.
I'm so old I remember when the catapult was OP.

#136 pelanas

pelanas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted February 04 2014 - 01:30 PM

I remember good things of the past. Once there was photos of the upcoming mechs before relesing them. Why now not_ Numbers, charts and pro gaming related anouncements are good... but some images make me more happy! And I like mechs and want to see some new mech now! pls
Posted Image

#137 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted February 04 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostSS396, on February 04 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

View Postcaduceus26, on February 04 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Join at 10:18 AM today and post farewell drop at 10:20 AM same day...

View PostFuzzy_Bunny, on February 04 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

You make an account two minutes before commenting this.
Seems like you aren't really going to drop Hawken.  You're just hiding behind anonymity and bull.
Whatever, don't let the TOW hit you on the way out.

You really need to understand how things work before you go flaming someone.  Its been said 1000 times, looking at someones join date on their forum account just shows you THE FIRST TIME THEY LOGGED INTO THE FORUMS.  NOTHING ELSE.  There are players that have played the game since alpha and never logged into the forums, and when they do, they will have a brand new new join date a few minutes old.

View PostDevoutTrout, on February 04 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

I guess I got to lvl 13 and my scout and reaper in 2 minutes
lol, :lol:

..and speaking for myself, you need to learn the difference between "flaming" someone and making an observation...
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#138 Zanozus

Zanozus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 04 2014 - 01:42 PM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I would still expect to see only top skill pilots in the Infiltrator, Raider and Predator then, which is as it should be perhaps.[/font]
Rakker, If skilled player will take Berz or other 'not nerfed' mech _ He will spoil the match.
Why Devs think that skilled players will play only on hard mechs _ And why skill- based weapons do the least damage _

#139 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 04 2014 - 02:10 PM

I just hope the values of heatsinks is changed for mechs who heat up a lot.  *cough* Predator, Raider *cough*

#140 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 04 2014 - 03:37 PM

View Postcaduceus26, on February 04 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

..and speaking for myself, you need to learn the difference between "flaming" someone and making an observation...

The flaming part was meant more towards the other poster, but you both made the mistake of assuming that just because the join date listed in the profile is new, that the player is new.  That is the heart of the issue at hand, and why I included your quote in my original post.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users