HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN-Universe Bible (HUB)

Project

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted April 27 2014 - 01:28 AM

View PostSadistic_Dentist, on April 27 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

It is nice to have this all in one place but could you call it 'guide', instead of 'bible'_

That would make it the Hawken HUG! :D

#42 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted May 02 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostSandSpider, on April 27 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

If you are looking for information about flora and fauna, this thread maybe of interest to you. https://community.pl...definite-guide/

Thank you for posting this!

#43 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:24 PM

Meeeh.  Might as well post it here since we truly have no idea whatsoever where dem yellow balls came from!  SMART HIJINKS MODE ACTIVATE!!! *powers up* ...

*ding*

Okay, this is what I made since I asked a few awesome people to lend me their ideas and I have created something!  Go on, you can start clapping now... No one_  Anyway, this is just a hypothesis/theory!  EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!!!  The only official parts came from Magnolia's guide. *cough* It's the ones on the front page here. *cough*

General Info about Vitrolium:

Vitrolium energy is naturally refined by the digestive systems of rats by eating fragments of the Giga Structure through their unique digestive systems through some unknown means.  Once the rat expunges its wastes from its body, the waste rapidly deteriorates as Vitrolium gets absorbed into the ground and/or disperses into the air.  This can be collected by the EU stations by a 'Vitrolium Verdampfer' that gathers any Vitrolium particles in the air or ground.  Mechs' fuel systems use Vitrolium to boost/dodge around.  To resupply their fuel, all mechs also have a mini Vitrolium Verdampfer in their system similar to the one at EU stations.  Vitrolium is also used to power cities and battle ships.  Mechs carry Vitrolium in specialized tanks that will be collected to a EU transfer station at a base.  This transfer station not only gives some to the battleship to power it up, but it also ships some Vitrolium to a city that is connected to it via Vitrolium pipe lines.

Vitrolium to Health Orbs (or Vitalium):

Nanites are micro robots powered by solar energy that cover or are infused into carovite-plated axes or the Giga Structure like a shell.  Vitrolium is converted into Vitalium by the nanites that die out and loose charge as the energy interacts with UV light from the sun as the shell breaks (it can also do another thing, see paragraph 3).  The number of these dead nanites increase once there is damage to a mech or damage to the Giga Structure metal.  The repair rate to carovite armor is much slower to the Giga Structure which is why you still see the yellow balls lying around in mech wreckage. The reason why Vitrolium doesn't instantly convert into Vitalium at EU stations or as a 'ball' is because alive nanites cover it as an invisible shell (similar to carovite and Giga Structure metal), protecting it from UV rays.  

Decay:

As all things, Vitrolium and Vitalium both decay.  As nanites can't stop all UV rays from hitting the fuel, the UV rays can also make these fuels deteriorate.  Both of these substances have a very rapid exponential decay rate as once left exposed to sunlight, it disappears after mere seconds.  UV rays will eventually permeate through the nanite 'shell' and can either turn Vitrolium into Vitalium or make it decay.

Importance of Vitalium:

Since Vitalium is a very unreliable use of fuel, it's only used in mechs to be able to repair mechs rapidly without any maintenance tools during combat.  It holds the molecular bonds between nanites infused in the carovite armor and can heal carovite, making it stronger than steel.  If you have too little, the mech will explode as the bonds violently break apart and eventually, the carovite will disintegrate by the force of the explosion or deteriorate as the nanites that hold it together die.  Also, axes like the Technician uses Vitalium, combined with a stream of nanites that are automatically attracted toward friendly in the yellow beam mode and toward enemies in the red beam mode due to special programming.

#44 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted May 15 2014 - 07:06 AM

I remember this, Hijinks. It's cool it posted here, as it is a very nice little article. ^_^

#45 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted May 15 2014 - 12:16 PM

Not sure if it's 'little'.  It's rather long and wordy. >~<  I hope people can understand it.

#46 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted May 15 2014 - 04:35 PM

I believe they needed a lengthy description, and wouldn't even mind a side story as to how this was discovered. Very nice work Hijinks, you already know my thoughts else wise.
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#47 Magnolia1038

Magnolia1038

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Pen Is Mightier Than The Axe

Posted May 15 2014 - 08:53 PM

Brilliant work, Hijinks!

#48 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted June 01 2014 - 10:30 PM

I feel like I read this more than anything else in my entire life.
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users