HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Problems Launching HAWKEN in Steam_ - Solutions

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted February 07 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hi everyone!

It appears some players are having difficulty getting HAWKEN to launch through Steam. If you're having this issue, please try these solutions below.
  • Make sure you've uninstalled other versions of HAWKEN on your PC.
  • Verify your local files. You can do this by right clicking HAWKEN in your library and selecting "Properties" from the appearing list. Switch to the Local Files tab and click on "Verify integrity of game cache".
  • There are three different ways (you only have to do one!) to perform this step:

For everything except Windows 8:
    Navigate to "Documents / My Games " and rename the "Hawken" folder to "Hawken Backup".

For Windows 8:
    Rename "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig" to "ConfigBackup". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonHawkenHawkenGame" to "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGame".

If you don't have the folder "Hawken" in your "My Games" folder yet:
    If you don't have the necessary folders yet you have to create them yourself. Please create the necessary folders to get a filepath looking like "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonHawkenHawkenGame" to "DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGame".

• Go to your steam library -  SteamLibrarySteamAppscommonHawkenBinariesRedistUE3Redist and run "UE3Redist.exe"
  • Download and Install/update Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package

x86 (32 bit only)

x64 (64 bit only)

• Reset the ClientRegistry.blob as described here
  • Run Windows updates.
We hope these help solve the problems many of you are experiencing. If you're still having issues after trying these solutions, please submit a ticket to our Customer Support team.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#2 QsterixMech

QsterixMech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 04:14 PM

"Navigate to "Documents / My Games " and rename the "Hawken" folder"

My game wont start and when i tried to do what you said in your post, i found that i dont even have the "Hawken" folder in my docs....what could be wrong_

#3 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 07 2014 - 04:30 PM

Also try this

https://community.pl...or/#entry428581
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#4 Ceawlin

Ceawlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 07:30 PM

Under Steam, Hawken stops when it is just about to show me the log-on screen.

I uninstalled the game before I went to Steam and keyed Hawken, then I downloaded the game on Steam. It worked once. When I came back to play Hawken again, it downloaded a patch, and ever-after has stopped working when it reaches the log-on screen.

I followed the online instructions, renamed the Hawken directory, and ran EU3Redist, all to no avail.

Any further ideas_ I'm awaiting an e-mail  response from the support team.

#5 Zilph

Zilph

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted February 11 2014 - 05:04 PM

I've used my code for Hawken and it says that I own the game, but only on the Steam Store page for Hawken, as it doesn't exist in my library. It does appear in my licenses and subscriptions section under my account, but there is no way to download it as far as I can see. Selecting 'Play now' in the store page causes Steam to freeze for a few moments before returning to normal. Other than that, nothing happens. Re-entering my product code tells me that the code and the product associated with it has already been used on this account.

My Steam profile is echo849 if that helps. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Nevermind, sorry! Issue was easily resolved by restarting my PC (which is just restarting Steam). Keep up the good work Meteor, this is a great game.

Edited by Zilph, February 11 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#6 RikRifster

RikRifster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 02:12 PM

Posted ImageVoxel, on February 12 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Oculus Rift mode doesn't work in the new version for Steam.

Devs, fix it, please.

I download the new Feb 14th 11:00 AM Early Access Hawken into my Steam Account and I can also NOT figure out how to Enable Oculus Rift Support. I Purchased this Game on Stream SPECIFICALLY to play it with my Oculus Rift as it promised it would be compatible with my Oculus Rift.

Can someone in support please supply us with ONE definitive Link with clear, precise step by step directions for Enabling Oculus Rift support for our Steam enabled Hawken some we can start using our Oculus Rift Hardware today hopefully!!!

Thank you in advance

#7 RikRifster

RikRifster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 02:37 PM

I have no problem launching Hawken from my steam Acct. And if i don't use my Oculus Rift it would appear I can play it fine.

But I did NOT purchase this to play without my Oculus Rift.

In settings under devices I have it check to enable the Oculus Rift.

I even edited the URL of my quickstart icon to  steam://rungameid/271290" -vr

But even this does not seem to help.

Please, what else am I to do___

Can someone please supply use with step by step instructions for enabling the Oculus Rift from the new Steam launch.

Edited by RikRifster, February 14 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#8 slayerjacy

slayerjacy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 10:13 PM

i need help too geting my oculus to work under steam i did the command -vr and the box in-game is activated but the oculus still wont work need help asap plese

#9 Daitokuji

Daitokuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostRikRifster, on February 14 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

Posted ImageVoxel, on February 12 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Oculus Rift mode doesn't work in the new version for Steam.

Devs, fix it, please.

I download the new Feb 14th 11:00 AM Early Access Hawken into my Steam Account and I can also NOT figure out how to Enable Oculus Rift Support. I Purchased this Game on Stream SPECIFICALLY to play it with my Oculus Rift as it promised it would be compatible with my Oculus Rift.

Can someone in support please supply us with ONE definitive Link with clear, precise step by step directions for Enabling Oculus Rift support for our Steam enabled Hawken some we can start using our Oculus Rift Hardware today hopefully!!!

Thank you in advance

For what it's worth, the only way I've been able to get Hawken working on my setup (Lenovo Y500) and the rift is to configure the rift as a second monitor instead of duplicating screens.  Then Hawken launches on the Rift screen instead of my primary laptop screen.

#10 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 16 2014 - 06:23 PM

https://playhawken.z...unch-from-Steam

"Bump" * Hope this helps.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#11 XDEWASTATORX

XDEWASTATORX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 12:34 PM

it does help i just  have the same problem and nothing

#12 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 18 2014 - 01:34 PM

Seems to me that we're mixing issues in here. Refer to the proper separate threads to solve your specific issue, please. Also, open a support ticket which will definitely help you at solving your specific issue.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#13 Idleness

Idleness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationhidden

Posted February 20 2014 - 10:23 PM

I'm not sure...

You mean I have to rename the folder within the steam folder_ steam saved the game in it's on folders under .../steamApps/common/Hawken

If yes than it doesn't work. Actually nothing helps. Wrote a ticket, hope your support can find something, otherwise it's 30 bucks for $%§"&§

To be more specific (maybe one of you guys know a clue):
Since latest update the game would crash after ~half an hour gameplay. eventually had a major crash (whole system went bluescreen!) and since then nothing works.
I've been through the support suggestions (UE3 Redist, steamflush, steam appcache deleted, verify game data, reinstalled twice (second time even deleted the game folder manually after uninstalling the game) and everytime I hit start in steam it just says "hawken does not work"...

btw, all other games still work fine and since hawken worked ok for ~10 hours gameplay I refuse to believe that my system would be to low.
Is there a repair tool I could run_

thx
Posted Image

#14 44ug3n

44ug3n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 05:43 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on February 07 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Hi everyone!

It appears some players are having difficulty getting HAWKEN to launch through Steam. If you're having this issue, follow these steps:
  • Make sure you've uninstalled other versions of HAWKEN on your PC.

• Navigate to "Documents / My Games " and rename the "Hawken" folder to "Hawken Backup".
We hope this helps solve the problems many of you are experiencing. If you're still having issues after following these steps, please submit a ticket to our Customer Support team.

IT WORKS THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 acada

acada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 07:16 AM

to any of you running 8.1 if you have issues running hawken or any other game (not starting) you my need to download directX 9.0c for some reason windows 8.1 seems to fight 9.0c. but i got mine to work by doing that
Posted Image

#16 Embercoal

Embercoal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 06:24 PM

It "appears" _!_! Well, It appears I spent $30.00 on a game I cannot play. It also "appears" I will be telling EVERYONE in my guild not to get this game. By the way, the number of guildmates in my guild is substantial. Perhaps when/if this is fixed I will rethink my recommendation. As of now I will be sending no one to this game...

#17 acada

acada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 06:53 PM

View PostEmbercoal, on February 21 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

It "appears" _!_! Well, It appears I spent $30.00 on a game I cannot play. It also "appears" I will be telling EVERYONE in my guild not to get this game. By the way, the number of guildmates in my guild is substantial. Perhaps when/if this is fixed I will rethink my recommendation. As of now I will be sending no one to this game...

did you try what I stated in my post. Try downloading directx9.0c
Posted Image

#18 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 24 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostEmbercoal, on February 21 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

It "appears" you didn't follow directions properly.

Contact support @ https://playhawken.zendesk.com/ to get your problem solved (whats ironic is that you never state what your problem is and why you "can't play")
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#19 Slime81

Slime81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 26 2014 - 06:42 PM

Ive done this and it still wont work... If anyone can help me please send me a message via steam.
My account name is slime99981

#20 Skullkid

Skullkid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 01 2014 - 01:46 PM

I tried to download direct x 9.0c and it says its not compatible with windows 8 (I have 8.1) and Hawken won't start. I recently rebuilt my pc with windows 8 and the only thing thats giving me issues is Hawken.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users