HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Problems Launching HAWKEN in Steam_ - Solutions

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Skullkid

Skullkid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 01 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostSkullkid, on March 01 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

I tried to download direct x 9.0c and it says its not compatible with windows 8 (I have 8.1) and Hawken won't start. I recently rebuilt my pc with windows 8 and the only thing thats giving me issues is Hawken.

Actually, this worked: https://community.pl...or/#entry428581

#22 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted March 03 2014 - 02:54 AM

There are already some more possible solutions for the "Hawken isn't launching" bug that were compiled into this solution thread: http://steamcommunit...47922515956893/

#23 ToneLoc777

ToneLoc777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 09:56 PM

I followed all the steps and still had problems with the game not launching properly (could hear it, and see the game icon on the Windows taksbar).

Finally I realized it had been awhile since I updated my graphics drivers.  New Drivers did the trick.

Probably should've been my first step...

EDIT: nevermind, spoke too soon.  I was so excited when it got to the login screen that I alt+tabbed to post and then I couldn't bring it back up.

Edited by ToneLoc777, March 07 2014 - 10:05 PM.

#24 sh4ase

sh4ase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 10:33 AM

i was playing fine yesterday, i played for 2 hours, then today i tried launching it and it doesn't work, i can't even get to the log in screen, it just crashes immediately, i've tried all the solutions there and nothing. gg

#25 Rift3r

Rift3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 02:46 PM

View Postacada, on February 21 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

to any of you running 8.1 if you have issues running hawken or any other game (not starting) you my need to download directX 9.0c for some reason windows 8.1 seems to fight 9.0c. but i got mine to work by doing that

This was exactly the issue I was having on my PC.  Thank you!

#26 ChillyChinchilla

ChillyChinchilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 01:39 AM

I tired everything, yet the game still crashes

i have Windows 7 64 Bit

also, i'm not really good at this, how do i run Windows Update_ since i'm new to windos and used to be a Linux user

#27 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 03:58 AM

View PostChillyChinchilla, on March 10 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

I tired everything, yet the game still crashes

i have Windows 7 64 Bit

also, i'm not really good at this, how do i run Windows Update_ since i'm new to windos and used to be a Linux user

Click the start button, then configuration screen (one of the options on the right), then the Windows update option. When you can't see that update option listed right away, swich the view to small icons (topright).

Edited by hendman, March 10 2014 - 03:59 AM.

#28 ChillyChinchilla

ChillyChinchilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 08:50 AM

Click the start button, then configuration screen (one of the options on the right), then the Windows update option. When you can't see that update option listed right away, swich the view to small icons (topright).

thanks, anyways after the update ir estarted my computer and then when i open the game , it lets me login on usual , but this tim instead of crashing on the syncing account thingy it proceeds to where i have to agree on the terms and conditions and crashes as soon as i'm about to click agree, the game crashes
it sometimes crashes earlier dunno, like the game is planned to crash after a certain ammount of time has passd

#29 Juspion

Juspion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 12:17 AM

I have finally found a solution that worked for me!

You need to place the DirectX files into the main Hawken executable folder.

https://mega.co.nz/#...FsPatjdXtMoU79Q

I found the above link on the internet. I scanned it with ESET Antivirus and it is clean. I hope this may help.

#30 Luxan

Luxan

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted March 22 2014 - 04:37 PM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This solution worked for me...[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif](skip to end for short version)[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I tried all the suggestions above to no avail. However one of the solutions about trying to run Hawken directly from the steam directory relates to this. When I tried to run "HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe" it said the dll file "XINPUT1-3.dll" was missing. So naturally I googled it found the dll file and extracted it to my system 32 and SysWow64 folders. This didnt work for me either, instead I got an error message. Im not sure what led me to it but I wanted to try copying the dll file again so I searched the file in windows and sure enough the two files I pasted into system32 and sysWow64 both showed up, but there was another one with same file name in the steam folder, I had a hunch that maybe copying the one from the steam folder into the windows system 32 and syswow64 might work. And it DID! Im assuming the dll file within steam is a little different than the generic one you can find online.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Short version: In windows make a search for "XINPUT1_3.dll". It should be found somewhere in the steam folders. Copy and paste it into your system 32 and SysWow64 inside windows. And then launch Hawken directly from the steam folders.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Anyway I hope that works for some of you. [/font]

#31 RafailZ

RafailZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 12:57 AM

Hello
I was playing training in this game at steam and it suddenly it went to the place where you select mech  and stuff and now im stuck (writing this message via steam)
PLEASE HELP IM STUCK!

#32 Inframoundus

Inframoundus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 07:49 PM

hola hola bueno espero me puedan entender y ayudar soy de venezuela y con la actualizacion que han puesto este dia 03 de abril de 2014 ahora no puedo logear, mi pc llega normalmente a la pantalla para iniciar secion en hawken y luego me dice que hawken a dejado de funcionar y no es nada de actualizaciones anteriores porque hace 12 horas minimo estaba jugando hawken muy bien mi sistema operativo es windows 7 ultimate por favor si me pueden ayudar se lo agradeceria muchisimo gracias...

#33 Graypoodle

Graypoodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 03:45 AM

Nvm

Edited by Graypoodle, April 06 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#34 Graypoodle

Graypoodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 06 2014 - 03:46 AM

Also, will you address this problem in future_

#35 buchaill

buchaill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 02:42 PM

The fix for this is the follwing:

Download and install DirectX Web Installer

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx_id=35

Reboot.

You can thanks me later :)

#36 gohen

gohen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 11:52 AM

I Open the UE3Redist.exe

I get the close program

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: UE3Redist.exe
  Application Version: 1.0.10886.0
  Application Timestamp: 5119641c
  Fault Module Name: UE3Redist.exe
  Fault Module Version: 1.0.10886.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 5119641c
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00002d64
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

#37 Mano4life

Mano4life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 04:38 AM

Hi I have hawken but I took it from my friend how can I add it to steam without adding it as a non-steam game ..... and I dont wanna download it cuz its already having issues like game stopped working and long syncing acc. and crashing

#38 Mano4life

Mano4life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 10 2014 - 04:43 AM

Hi I have hawken but I took it from my friend how can I add it to steam without adding it as a non-steam game ..... and I dont wanna download it cuz its already having issues like game stopped working and long syncing acc. and crashing

#39 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 10 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostMano4life, on June 10 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

You have to download the game via Steam.

#40 Iznas0911

Iznas0911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 05:40 AM

i feel as though i put in enough money into hawken pre steam to not have to deal with steam failures. should have left the client download to hawkens website.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users