HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Steam Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#161 bodia999

bodia999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 09:22 AM

#162 Osiris13

Osiris13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 02:46 PM

I agree with many people that this latest update was a step in the wrong direction.  The lower armor was such a bad decision.  If I wanted to get shot a couple times and die I would play some other lame MMO like Planet side 2.  Spawn, get shot, die, spawn, get shot, die.
How is this fun now when there is no survivability.  2 vs 1 now_ Obsurd, you have no chance.
Are these not mechs, big hunks of steel, titanium, and whatever futuristic metals_  Should they not be able to take some damage and keep going_  Or maybe in the future the metal is just such garbage you get shot a couple times and explode.
Maybe they could find a stash of old nokia phones and use those for armor, they were indestructible.
Anyway, sarcasm aside, I am really disappointed in this new patch making a mech a glass house.  You have really taken the fun out of this game.  I used to play daily, for now I am done playing.  I will keep an eye out for new patches, hopefully Hawken makes the correct decision and makes a mech a mech again.

#163 Fall1n

Fall1n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 12:52 AM

Help! When I try to login to Hawken, the login failed page appears with an error: 51C58D8A, Online services unavailable. Anybody know what this means_ Is it because I had an existing steam account before the transition_ Thanks.

#164 buzmavisi

buzmavisi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostFall1n, on February 16 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

Help! When I try to login to Hawken, the login failed page appears with an error: 51C58D8A, Online services unavailable. Anybody know what this means_ Is it because I had an existing steam account before the transition_ Thanks.

same problem with different code.

#165 FreddyDipstick

FreddyDipstick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 04:23 PM

I completely agree with osiris13. I loved the enduring battles and the fact that you really felt like you were in a giant, superstrong mech.
now i feel human... I must admit i also played daily before the update, but now i dont anymore. Just doesnt feel like a mech game anymore but more like the generic fps. Lowering ttk was the worst decision ever. The + 5% armor in the latest update helps a bit, but it is still useless. Infiltrator and berserker are killed for me. Going in and out with inf is impossible now. Once someone spots you in the corner of their eye, you're toast, there is no survivability. The argument that you need more tactics now is invalid, since you simply dont have time to be tactical anymore. And the speed on the scout is absurd. Please fix this adhesive, hawken is losing its charm this way. It is a MECH for god's sake, it should be sturdy and capable of taking damage.

Edited by FreddyDipstick, February 16 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#166 SamSlade

SamSlade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 07:02 PM

Hawken has been successfully homogenized with all the other twitch-dead FPS games out there.  For now I'm back to Counterstrike; it's a better FPS then this.

I should add that Hawken was my ONLY 'not playing Mechwarrior' game but has been heavily degraded since the Alpha phase: if you wanted to reduce TTK while upping tactis then you should have made mechs better at their roles.  Give the Sharpshooter back it's uber ability but make Powershot scope only, make Turret mode give double temporary HP, make Cleric-bots total fuzzy bunny one shot kill skill monsters.

If you want increased TTK, more tactics AND fun then making all robots almost identical with the only real variation being range is stupid: all you change is where in the faceroll blob each robot stands... tactics are still about the same.
Posted Image

sig courtesy of Necro

#167 LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted February 16 2014 - 09:09 PM

Almost feel like the new patch encourages CoD playing style...
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

#168 Zevoox

Zevoox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 02:07 AM

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS ON STEAM_ I cant see download button... I was so happy hawken user untill u transitted on steam and i uninstalled my copy before so now i cant downlaod it.....

#169 DennisKnightPC

DennisKnightPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted February 17 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostZevoox, on February 17 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS ON STEAM_ I cant see download button... I was so happy hawken user untill u transitted on steam and i uninstalled my copy before so now i cant downlaod it.....

If you've played Hawken before you should have been emailed a key-code so that you can download it from Steam for free.... check your spam folder. If you haven't received a code then create a support ticket.

Posted Image

i7-3770K//32GB RAM//SSD//R9 270X Vapour

#170 epiccamosauce

epiccamosauce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 09:34 AM

I dont like the new steam update, especially the part where you guys took out tuning upgrades and unlocking mechs every rank. Its not very easy to earn enough credits to buy the highest level mechs. I am rank 17 and i only have enough HC to buy one of the highest level mechs. . I have never bought anything with any of my hawken credits, ever. Yet i still have only enough for one mech. If you ask me, thats a little bit stupid. You guys should either increase the HC income, or bring back the mechs unlock per rank.

#171 Elladan

Elladan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted February 17 2014 - 11:06 AM

View Postepiccamosauce, on February 17 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

I dont like the new steam update, especially the part where you guys took out tuning upgrades and unlocking mechs every rank. Its not very easy to earn enough credits to buy the highest level mechs. I am rank 17 and i only have enough HC to buy one of the highest level mechs. . I have never bought anything with any of my hawken credits, ever. Yet i still have only enough for one mech. If you ask me, thats a little bit stupid. You guys should either increase the HC income, or bring back the mechs unlock per rank.

define highest level mechs :)
I'm currently playing for 3 days and already bought 3 mech (first assault then Vanguard+bunch of gear for it then brawler)
"There are only 10 types of people: those who konws, binary, those who don't and those whoa were not expecting a jok about tetriary...."

"cause I am the VANGUARD"[pic W.I.P here]

#172 Leitmotiv_167

Leitmotiv_167

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHamburg - Germany

Posted February 18 2014 - 12:22 AM

Can anybody clean up my garage please_ It´s cluttered.

#173 StrayGenius

StrayGenius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted February 20 2014 - 12:37 AM

Will the official release support native 64bit mode and/or DX11_  The current nemesis when windowed shows "32bit DX9" which is rather disappointing... considering all the trouble I've gone through to migrate to windows 7, windows 8, and finally 64bits (the performance gains were noticeable, and some newer games are not supporting 32bit windows).

#174 zoroden67

zoroden67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 02:59 AM

View PostSeija, on February 07 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

Whozah! my mech game Evolved Closer to a First person shoot! yay.... NOT
wrong Direction. we and at least I want a Mech game where i have MY Mech my way. you just took a step closer being a generic FPS only with "mechs" instead of Spartans or Ghosts...
if that's your goal go play mech warrior online. personally i love the changes as i was able to jump back in with no problem. it felt like i was in the mech getting hit and dealing damage rather than being killed constantly by overpowered mechs that are tenn times better than mine. i felt equal to them (aside from skills in the movement.)

Edited by zoroden67, February 22 2014 - 02:59 AM.

#175 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted February 22 2014 - 08:41 AM

New map is bad, there is nothing interesting there, small map to dm matches. Similar idea to falicity map but the Bunker is empty, blend, boring.

Weapons of the family B3-AR sounded weak, have nothing to do with imagine of shooting a minigun.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#176 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted February 22 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostKaszaWspraju, on February 22 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

Weapons of the family B3-AR sounded weak, have nothing to do with imagine of shooting a minigun.

+1, I gotta say the sound effects for the B3AR family of weapons are very weak and just don't do it for me. As an audio engineer and recording artist I understand the extreme difficulty behind recording and synthesizing usable sounds of real weapons, but the B3AR weapons come off to me like someone's dropping a boot onto tile over and over and over again. I feel like it could use much more powerful and realistic sound effects.
Posted Image

#177 Darknimesis

Darknimesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 05:26 PM

After playing the new update for 4 or 5 hours, I got to say they have ruined this game and I am going take a break from it in hopes that in the near future they will fix it. The mech's are too squishy, and removing the tuning is keeping me from using my mech the way I want. I don't want to see this game fail, but I feel if they don't fix it,  it will.

#178 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted February 23 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostDarknimesis, on February 23 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

After playing the new update for 4 or 5 hours

"Posted Today, 05:26 PM" - I don't think so, tim

Posted Image
Posted Image

#179 Invect

Invect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 07:49 PM

I started playing after this patch. I don't really get what's wrong. Having a blast so far.

I'll join you guys in complaining about the next patch though, after I'm all emotionally invested, I promise.

#180 aspectratio

aspectratio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 26 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on February 23 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

View PostDarknimesis, on February 23 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

After playing the new update for 4 or 5 hours

"Posted Today, 05:26 PM" - I don't think so, tim

Posted Image

This has been stated over many posts...you can play the game without actually signing up in these forums...I played this game for many months before signing into the forums...and I signed in to the forums specifically to post my concerns about the game...like this guy did...doesn't mean he started playing at 5:16pm...he signed into these forums at that time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users