HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

can only buy new mechs now!_ no unlocking_

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 iR_Leon

iR_Leon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 03:26 AM

so the only way to get new mechs now is to buy them_ is it just me at thinks that sucks!_

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 08 2014 - 03:35 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on February 07 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Special Notices
  • Pilot Progression
    • Mechs are no longer unlocked through Pilot Ranks.
  • Mech Progression
    • Mechs are no longer unlocked through Mech Ranks.

Yes, the only way to get mechs is to buy them with either HC or MC. I'm okay with that since they lowered the prices for some mechs in the marketplace.

#3 iR_Leon

iR_Leon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 03:45 AM

NO NO NO your missing my point its all over the main site you can do it for free....but no hidden in a note some where F*you you cant do that any more! This is no longer a free to play game it is PAY to play well F* that!

#4 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 08 2014 - 04:01 AM

View PostiR_Leon, on February 08 2014 - 03:45 AM, said:

NO NO NO your missing my point its all over the main site you can do it for free....but no hidden in a note some where F*you you cant do that any more!

I agree, they should update the playhawken.com site. Stuff like this is outdated now.

This is no longer a free to play game it is PAY to play well F* that!

Well, it's not pay2win if you mean that. They didn't change the fact that you can either buy (MC) or earn (HC) every mech. There are no exclusive mechs or anything.

Urban Dictionary: pay2win

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Edited by ReEvolve, February 08 2014 - 04:01 AM.

#5 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 05:43 AM

Sigh I sometimes wish people would read the definitions of :
A. Pay to play games. (Games you have to pay for to play them. Ex. WOW)
B. Pay to win games. (Games where spending money gave you a huge arse advantage over other players. Ex. Allods where buying runes was a must or you would grind forever and ever and ever just to get lv 6 runes but even then people were running with lv 9 by that time.)
C. Free to Play. (Game where you play for free and the only advantage of spending cash is getting rid of "some" of the grind and cosmetics)

As you can see HAWKEN fits into category C.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#6 EmBoLa

EmBoLa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 07:09 AM

RESET ALL PLAYER STATS to be fair to ALL the new and old players WHEN this launched worldwide on steam
no old vets that have mechs for free thru xp and have the lots of hc because of not spending on mech but for on expensve internals/equipment.
return there hard earnen MC credits

they got LOTS FOR FREE compared to fresh players started fresh

Edited by EmBoLa, February 08 2014 - 07:11 AM.

#7 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostEmBoLa, on February 08 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

RESET ALL PLAYER STATS to be fair to ALL the new and old players WHEN this launched worldwide on steam
no old vets that have mechs for free thru xp and have the lots of hc because of not spending on mech but for on expensve internals/equipment.
return there hard earnen MC credits

they got LOTS FOR FREE compared to fresh players started fresh

Actually, most of us had to level Every Mech to level 30, Plus our character.

If anything we worked four times as hard as you will ever have to to max out all of our mechs...Before making suggestions that are not accurate please understand how things in the Alpha/Early beta were. In addition, Mechs and weapons used to cost quite a bit more. Just an FYI
Posted Image

#8 EmBoLa

EmBoLa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 02:33 PM

thx for the info, i didn't dug deep in to hawken history, normaly i would, thats a real tall order, sorry, i understand yo but its still beta and to be fair reset stats when released worldwide.
and increase the max player rank from 30 to at least 50 or 60.

Edited by EmBoLa, February 08 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#9 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 08 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostEmBoLa, on February 08 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

thx for the info, i didn't dug deep in to hawken history, normaly i would, thats a real tall order, sorry, i understand yo but its still beta and to be fair reset stats when released worldwide.
and increase the max player rank from 30 to at least 50 or 60.

Many people spend real money on mechs and their equipment since the devs assured that nothing will be reset. Reseting things now after they assured us that they wouldn't isn't an option. I have to admit I also don't want a reset.

Since the matchmaker separates new players and veterans there should be no reason for a reset. The matchmaker should work better once the player popluation rises.

#10 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted February 11 2014 - 01:56 PM

I don't care if they reset stats like MMR and KDR.  I think there should be a career/lifetime record and perhaps a rolling/annual stats.

Keeping mechs/skins/equpment though is important.  We were part of the beta testing and gave feedback.

Edited by DFTR, February 11 2014 - 02:01 PM.

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#11 3nn10

3nn10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostBazookagofer, on February 08 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

B. Pay to win games. (Games where spending money gave you a huge arse advantage over other players. Ex. Allods where buying runes was a must or you would grind forever and ever and ever just to get lv 6 runes but even then people were running with lv 9 by that time.)
C. Free to Play. (Game where you play for free and the only advantage of spending cash is getting rid of "some" of the grind and cosmetics)

Well, actually Hawken would be in category B in many aspects. You can pay to unlock all of the internals and items and weapons for whichever mech you want. If you've played games against a fully upgraded nice mech you will see that they are far superior.

Edited by 3nn10, February 14 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#12 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 14 2014 - 08:43 AM

View Post3nn10, on February 14 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

View PostBazookagofer, on February 08 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

Well, actually Hawken would be in category B in many aspects. You can pay to unlock all of the internals and items and weapons for whichever mech you want. If you've played games against a fully upgraded nice mech you will see that they are far superior.

Well, it's not pay2win it's "pay not to grind". There is a big difference there. Weapons that have to be unlocked aren't better by definition. It's all about finding the weapon that suits your playstyle the best. Try looking at it from this perspective: The grinding gives you time to train with the stuff you have. A player who bought all kinds of stuff will still be worse than a player who earned his stuff. Yes, having more equipment gives the enemy a small advantage but it's nothing that can't be overcome by skill.

All game influencing items/weapons/internals/mechs etc. can be bought with the ingame currency that you get for playing. The only items that have to be purchased with real money are completely cosmetic and don't impact the gameplay.

#13 xg4m3

xg4m3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 02:32 PM

Please no hate. Can i just by playing it buy all mechs in game, upgrade them and so on_ There are no limits on mech slots or anything_

#14 Viconaut

Viconaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 14 2014 - 02:40 PM

NO NO NO your missing my point its all over the main site you can do it for free....but no hidden in a note some where F*you you cant do that any more! This is no longer a free to play game it is PAY to play well F* that!
im confused/not sure if im getting your point either_ it is in no way PAY2PLAY. at worst its PAY2PLAYWITHSOMETHINGSOONER if you don't have time or patience to earn in game currency to buy what you want. but there isn't anything vital in the game that you cant get without paying real money for, unless you consider cosmetics a vital part of the game

#15 Viconaut

Viconaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 14 2014 - 02:43 PM

View Postxg4m3, on February 14 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Please no hate. Can i just by playing it buy all mechs in game, upgrade them and so on_ There are no limits on mech slots or anything_
there isn't a single aspect of the game that will remain out of your reach unless you pay for it. so no worries buddy. hawken has done free to play correctly. the only things that will/would have required you to spend money are bundles, so you could get steam early access if you werent around in beta which doesn't matter anymore since its released ( i believe) or Cosmetics, which aren't necessary for anything other than supporting the super awesome people behind this wonderful game and looking how you may want

#16 xg4m3

xg4m3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostViconaut, on February 14 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

View Postxg4m3, on February 14 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

there isn't a single aspect of the game that will remain out of your reach unless you pay for it. so no worries buddy. hawken has done free to play correctly. the only things that will/would have required you to spend money are bundles, so you could get steam early access if you werent around in beta which doesn't matter anymore since its released ( i believe) or Cosmetics, which aren't necessary for anything other than supporting the super awesome people behind this wonderful game and looking how you may want

Thank you for clearing it up :)

#17 TracerRound

TracerRound

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 09:17 PM

The before you would have to grind and spend a lot of HC/MC to progress and get a "free" mech. I like this better because there is less hastle and less points cost. It was nevere truely "free"

#18 3nn10

3nn10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 07:01 AM

its just sad that you cant unlock mechs with leveling anymore. Before you could save up your creds and by the time you unlock a mech you like, you could equip it and be ready to rock. Now you have to grind, then unlock the mech, then grind even more because items are north of 4k and internals are similar.

#19 Viconaut

Viconaut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 17 2014 - 12:09 AM

i dont remember ever NOT paying HC to unlock mechs (been here since alpha day1) so i never felt an issue had come up over it. i know they are a lot cheaper now to buy so i dont see where the complaints are coming from

#20 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted February 19 2014 - 06:05 PM

HC credits are earned free and you can use them to buy mechs_ WHat part of that isn't free_

I earned 12816 HC and used them to buy the Predator. No MC required.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users